Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 105. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 08, 2014, 10:10:02 PM
Hi,
I am unable to sync.. I have the latest build of wallet 1.0.2.0 but total blocks left for synching gets higher and higher even though I have added the following IP in seedcoin.conf:

Code:
connect=185.45.192.191
connect=198.144.184.175
connect=199.127.226.221

What is the issue?

regards Anoxy

EDIT: It is synching now, but it is synching SOOO SLOW... any ideas why? My internet speed is 100Mbps, so I have no issues with internet.

Try closing and reopening

If that doesn't work delete everything in the %appdata% folder except the conf and the wallet if it gets the same problem after doing that close it and reopen and it should work.

if that doesnt work use these.
 addnode=184.155.137.189:15330
addnode=125.63.58.138:15330
addnode=62.30.194.230:15330
addnode=75.83.196.109:15330
addnode=64.130.82.224:15330
addnode=101.187.47.195:15330
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 08, 2014, 10:05:58 PM
Hi,
I am unable to sync.. I have the latest build of wallet 1.0.2.0 but total blocks left for synching gets higher and higher even though I have added the following IP in seedcoin.conf:

Code:
connect=185.45.192.191
connect=198.144.184.175
connect=199.127.226.221

What is the issue?

regards Anoxy

EDIT: It is synching now, but it is synching SOOO SLOW... any ideas why? My internet speed is 100Mbps, so I have no issues with internet.

Try closing and reopening

If that doesn't work delete everything in the %appdata% folder except the conf and the wallet if it gets the same problem after doing that close it and reopen and it should work.
Activity: 232
October 08, 2014, 09:52:24 PM
Hi,

Code:
connect=185.45.192.191
connect=198.144.184.175
connect=199.127.226.221

What is the issue?

regards Anoxy

Activity: 255
October 08, 2014, 09:48:45 PM
My apologies if this has already been asked as I only have my iPhone to follow updates today...

If I stake 1 seed during the upcoming growth and after the 269% reward, does my new total start the maturity cycle as a complete total, or are they separate (ie original one seed matures  sooner than the seeds generated from interest reward)

I ask I light of the mining tips talked about where it's more beneficial to lump all the fractional rewards as one to increase overall weight. Would it be useful to resend the post reward balance back to my wallet after the staking takes place?  I would think the new balance would mature as one and we could just run the wallet in cruise control but I'm admittedly still new to this idea

Thanks
Activity: 297
October 08, 2014, 09:02:00 PM
I kind of like that there will be random winners and losers here. This is a fun coin  Tongue
October 08, 2014, 08:02:15 PM
Its not. I think when he changed something to make small amounts stake that number wasnt fixed
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 08, 2014, 07:49:47 PM
I'm not getting any stakes at all. coins have been in my wallet for way past 24 hours. the only thing that has changed is updating the wallet.

It's still going to be difficult to stake. The people that are staking have built up weight over the course of several days. The reason it's hard is because you're competing with the mining network. I honestly don't know if it's going to get easier after POW stops, because people are still going to be carrying all that weight on the network, and the pow difficulty stops updating. If that's the case though, time between blocks will slow to about 2 minutes apart, and the first 'day' could actually last two.

There's a lot going on in the code, and it's difficult to account for everything. So much depends on what people do. If I launched this coin a hundred times, something different would happen each time. I know because I've run a dozen tests over the last two weeks with varying tweaks in the code and doing different things.
my stake says 10 out of network stake of 40. can that be accurate?
Activity: 140
October 08, 2014, 07:19:46 PM
I'm not getting any stakes at all. coins have been in my wallet for way past 24 hours. the only thing that has changed is updating the wallet.

It's still going to be difficult to stake. The people that are staking have built up weight over the course of several days. The reason it's hard is because you're competing with the mining network. I honestly don't know if it's going to get easier after POW stops, because people are still going to be carrying all that weight on the network, and the pow difficulty stops updating. If that's the case though, time between blocks will slow to about 2 minutes apart, and the first 'day' could actually last two.

There's a lot going on in the code, and it's difficult to account for everything. So much depends on what people do. If I launched this coin a hundred times, something different would happen each time. I know because I've run a dozen tests over the last two weeks with varying tweaks in the code and doing different things.
October 08, 2014, 07:14:04 PM
ok i got a stake that accepted. strange that most weird not accepting at first. either way, it appears to be functioning now..
October 08, 2014, 07:12:09 PM
I'd recommend sending coins to yourself at some point (literally just send coins to your own address) so that they aren't all broken up like grains of sand in your wallet, because if they are they'll stake one at a time.

I think this is not possible. A long time ago, I tried to send another coin to myself (same wallet) and the coin remained unconfirmed in my wallet for ever.

It worked for me... 133 confirmations on it but its up to you whether you do it... if you do, dont waste time or you may not be mature for growth period
October 08, 2014, 07:11:20 PM
I staked successfully 30 minutes ago. On 1.0.2.0 (newest I believe)

Date: 10/8/2014 14:39
Source: Generated
Credit: 0.00001 SEED
Net amount: +0.00001 SEED

after that had a few fails but that is right around when I moved some seed around.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 08, 2014, 07:10:44 PM
I'd recommend sending coins to yourself at some point (literally just send coins to your own address) so that they aren't all broken up like grains of sand in your wallet, because if they are they'll stake one at a time.

I think this is not possible. A long time ago, I tried to send another coin to myself (same wallet) and the coin remained unconfirmed in my wallet for ever.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
October 08, 2014, 07:07:54 PM
October 08, 2014, 07:06:59 PM
Some failing is normal. A lot of failures is not impossible, but rather unlikely. It's difficult to say while we're still in POW, as that could be part of the issue, but I want to confirm you can stake at least some blocks before growth.

Do the standard checks, make sure you're running 10.0.2 (if you're running a linux build off github, those have their own versioning as it turns out. You'll want v0.9.1.0-52-g255d38d if you're running a linux build)
October 08, 2014, 07:04:40 PM
my stakes keep saying Generated but not accepted when i put my mouse over the transaction in the wallet. every single one of them.

anyone else? also please check before you just say no. go to transactions and click transaction details and see the status.

this is what i keep getting on EVERY stake piece coming in.

Date: 10/8/2014 09:42
Debit: 0.00 SEED
Net amount: -0.002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Generated coins must mature 120 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

Date: 10/8/2014 15:42
Net amount: -0.0020002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxx

Generated coins must mature 120 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

i urge everyone to take a look at their transaction details and check.. i thought everything was going smooth until i saw this. and its every single piece of stake that comes in. what is going on?

I have some that failed, but some that didnt also
October 08, 2014, 06:48:37 PM
my stakes keep saying Generated but not accepted when i put my mouse over the transaction in the wallet. every single one of them.

anyone else? also please check before you just say no. go to transactions and click transaction details and see the status.

this is what i keep getting on EVERY stake piece coming in.

Date: 10/8/2014 09:42
Net amount: -0.002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Date: 10/8/2014 15:42
Net amount: -0.0020002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxx

i urge everyone to take a look at their transaction details and check.. i thought everything was going smooth until i saw this. and its every single piece of stake that comes in. what is going on?
Activity: 308
October 08, 2014, 06:44:02 PM
So here's a question... why is my stake weight is far greater than the network weight?  Also, the wallet has displayed "Expected time to earn reward is 1 second" for the past several hours without receiving a stake. 

I'm curious what those numbers actually mean in general. Also, so far the only amount I've received in stake has been 0.00001. What determines the staking reward itself?

Stake weight is a combination of your coins you hold that are in a single block and then how long has passed. Blocks compete in POS for the highest stake weight for who signs it. If yours is above the network, you should get a reward. If you are newly staking, you would have a low stake weight vs the network as you need to wait your turn for your reward.

For the past hour or so my weight has been higher than the network. Also bigger amounts are going into the "stake" section and the 0.00001 rewards are getting more frequent. But they are always 0.00001. That's the part I don't understand--how no matter what amount of coin goes into the "stake" section, the reward is the same but I get more of them. It would just help to understand the formula behind it.

I sent a big chunk of seed to my wallet and it ended up with a stake reward of 0.00030136 and then 0.00005479  So it is possible to get a larger amount.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 08, 2014, 06:43:27 PM
So whatever happens, the end wont come any sooner than 30 hours from now.

As long as you are certain about this than that is sweet. As for splitting up into 6 hour blocks I wouldnt do that then Tongue

Yeah, it's rough. It's a guessing game at this point. If everyone moves coins now, the staking % of blocks will start to drop and growth will come later.

I sent one chunk to myself, so took some of my staking coins out of action. The question is when do I do the next one? In about six hours? Sometime tomorrow? Do I want the number of confirmations spread evenly throughout the day? Or more or less around the same time each day? Questions, questions, questions... But anyway, it seems to me consolidation would be best to prepare for growth period.
October 08, 2014, 06:40:57 PM

As long as you are certain about this than that is sweet. As for splitting up into 6 hour blocks I wouldnt do that then Tongue

Yeah, it's rough. It's a guessing game at this point. If everyone moves coins now, the staking % of blocks will start to drop and growth will come later.
October 08, 2014, 06:38:33 PM

Jump to: