Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 104. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 09, 2014, 06:35:36 AM
Ok. Just thought I'd post a thread for the noobs like me that are having trouble getting the manual update of the seedcoin wallet to work.

I spent a good part of 5 hours fiddling with my wallet on and off yesterday only to find that no matter what I do - it didn't synch. Obviously this sucks because I have a good sized wallet and I started to panic.

Well, panic ye not - Once you have followed all the update instructions just leave it. Go to work, bed, do something else for the next six hours.

It took my wallet about 5 hours to synch to the correct nodes. I left it on accidentally last night after going away in the huff; but once I woke up - wallah, the wallet had synched and there were my available coins. So just give it time. No need to get frustrated Smiley Synching will take very long.

I was trying to make it sync 2 days ago.
Deleted everything except wallet.dat and nothing worked.
I tried several times and last time worked like a charm. it synced from 0 block to last block within 2 minutes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 09, 2014, 06:24:05 AM
Ok. Just thought I'd post a thread for the noobs like me that are having trouble getting the manual update of the seedcoin wallet to work.

I spent a good part of 5 hours fiddling with my wallet on and off yesterday only to find that no matter what I do - it didn't synch. Obviously this sucks because I have a good sized wallet and I started to panic.

Well, panic ye not - Once you have followed all the update instructions just leave it. Go to work, bed, do something else for the next six hours.

It took my wallet about 5 hours to synch to the correct nodes. I left it on accidentally last night after going away in the huff; but once I woke up - wallah, the wallet had synched and there were my available coins. So just give it time. No need to get frustrated Smiley Synching will take very long.
Activity: 616
October 09, 2014, 06:13:20 AM
POW blocks after block 8600 wont have time to do full growth right?
0_0
October 09, 2014, 04:58:34 AM
we could use more hashpower here.. havent found a block in a few hours now..

it may be because another pool has 1/3 of the total hashrate
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 09, 2014, 03:36:56 AM
we could use more hashpower here.. havent found a block in a few hours now..
0_0
October 09, 2014, 03:27:27 AM
wow, right after 24 hours of staking I earned my first reward!!!

and what is it? free popcorn?  Grin

lol, CONGRATS you r the first with the name jokes.

I figured with a name like popcorn75 it would of happened sooner.

funny thing is as I am typing I am thinking.... A seed is kind of like a kernel. and we all want our kernels to pop.

So ya you could call my reward popcorn I guess...
we can make another wallet for popcorn coin. we will deposit you there and stake LOL
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 09, 2014, 02:46:31 AM

lol, CONGRATS you r the first with the name jokes.

I figured with a name like popcorn75 it would of happened sooner.

funny thing is as I am typing I am thinking.... A seed is kind of like a kernel. and we all want our kernels to pop.

So ya you could call my reward popcorn I guess...
0_0
October 09, 2014, 02:29:33 AM

Activity: 350
October 09, 2014, 01:46:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 09, 2014, 01:32:28 AM
Activity: 101
Don't let your humanity get lost in the void.
October 09, 2014, 01:10:03 AM
When you generate new addresses in the wallet there is a checkbox for "stealth address", what does that do?

Nothing useful at the moment. Stealth addresses are privacy addresses developed and implemented by the shadowcoin team, of which seedcoin was forked. They're basically a dual-signature address that can't be traced back to your wallet. Unfortunately they don't play nice with seedcoin addresses out of the box so I need to fix them.

You can use them properly from the debug window or command line, but the qt wallet can't deal with them. I'd recommend not using them until I can fix them and test them properly. Nothing about them will mess with the network, all the magic happens in the client. I meant to disable the check box until I fixed it but I forgot. I'll just fix it in a later update, it's nothing critical. For now checking the box just gives you a regular seedcoin address.

Thanks for the info.  Never messed with shadow coin so I had never seen that option.
Activity: 310
October 09, 2014, 12:59:51 AM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 09, 2014, 12:58:05 AM
When you generate new addresses in the wallet there is a checkbox for "stealth address", what does that do?

Nothing useful at the moment. Stealth addresses are privacy addresses developed and implemented by the shadowcoin team, of which seedcoin was forked. They're basically a dual-signature address that can't be traced back to your wallet. Unfortunately they don't play nice with seedcoin addresses out of the box so I need to fix them.

You can use them properly from the debug window or command line, but the qt wallet can't deal with them. I'd recommend not using them until I can fix them and test them properly. Nothing about them will mess with the network, all the magic happens in the client. I meant to disable the check box until I fixed it but I forgot. I'll just fix it in a later update, it's nothing critical. For now checking the box just gives you a regular seedcoin address.
October 09, 2014, 12:38:38 AM
what do you guys think the market will look like after the pos 10k block huge interest? i honestly think this coin might end up going back to where it is now, even after the massive growth!
legendary
October 09, 2014, 12:04:22 AM
My plan is to divide into four transactions, and I'm going by block count, not actual time, so divide up 1440 by 4 gives you 360, so I'm trying to send myself 1/4 of my coin every 360 blocks (right now they are just flying by). Since I'm still mining I'll have some more coming in right up to the end, so I'll probably have to lump all that into a fifth transaction where I'll try to stick that midway between two of the others. I'm thinking of a "clock" with 1440 sections, so if I miss sending something at block 720, then I'd try to send it again the next "day" at block 1440 + 720 = 2160. My "0" block is the one with my first transaction.

I think there are two opposing things which need to be balanced. On one hand, spreading out transactions will ensure that at least some of them will stake all seven times. However, when a certain amount of coin starts staking, it takes some time to actually get its reward. So you want to allow plenty of time for it to get its reward before the next set of coin comes up. Otherwise you'll end up where you can't stake all your coin in one day, so you lose out on rewards. Not only that once the staking starts you'll have newly staked coin being added and that will I think naturally spread out as well.

So it looks to me that going into the growth period, you want a few coins maturing at regular intervals around a 1440 block "day."

At least that's how I understand it. Please keep in mind that this is me learning all about this coin and the way Scrypt POS works. I did not work on the development and this is my first exposure to Scrypt POS, though I've been involved in POS coins with other algorithms, mainly NXT and its clones. So, think it through before following my strategy, and maybe others can weigh in.

Also, keep in mind you have to use the coin control feature to decide which coins get sent back to yourself. You can get a list of all your coins, and select the ones you want to consolidate, then send the exact amount minus the transaction fee and that seems to work.

Thanks Wiser for asking a lot of the questions I had, did your send to your own wallet work. I am an admitted noob but for the growth period would it be best to send all your coins to yourself in one transaction 24hr before last POW block. I understand no one knows exactly when that will be. What I'm wondering is if you are recommending having 4 6hr apart transactions just to ensure you can stake at least three times on the last day. By that logic would it not be better to split them up as much as you can. I don't understand weight so my next question is which is more important weight or amount of coins do those have an effect on your staking ability. would there be a disadvantage to having 12 incoming transactions 2 hrs apart. also if you are sending coins from in your wallet to youself which coins does the wallet choose to send most or least mature. Just trying to get my strategy right for this growth period.
Activity: 77
October 08, 2014, 11:26:16 PM
Thanks Wiser for asking a lot of the questions I had, did your send to your own wallet work. I am an admitted noob but for the growth period would it be best to send all your coins to yourself in one transaction 24hr before last POW block. I understand no one knows exactly when that will be. What I'm wondering is if you are recommending having 4 6hr apart transactions just to ensure you can stake at least three times on the last day. By that logic would it not be better to split them up as much as you can. I don't understand weight so my next question is which is more important weight or amount of coins do those have an effect on your staking ability. would there be a disadvantage to having 12 incoming transactions 2 hrs apart. also if you are sending coins from in your wallet to youself which coins does the wallet choose to send most or least mature. Just trying to get my strategy right for this growth period.
legendary
October 08, 2014, 11:03:19 PM
so at this current rate, how far are we from end of PoW?

By my quick calculations we're talking about a day and a half (1.55 days). That's taking 40 seconds per block which is what my pool is showing right now, but that's not an average, more like a random snap shot.
October 08, 2014, 10:47:49 PM
so at this current rate, how far are we from end of PoW?
Activity: 101
Don't let your humanity get lost in the void.
October 08, 2014, 10:47:38 PM
Activity: 24
October 08, 2014, 10:12:53 PM
Cryptzo, I see that you mentioned buying a block explorer from Fairglu. You have been working your ass off to make this coin what it is, and given that you raised less than 10BTC in your ICO. On behalf of the Pinkcoin team, we would like to pay for the block explorer. Send me a pm with your BTC address.

Great job so far. I believe you have proven yourself beyond capable of handling this big boat.

Gotta love that Pinkcoin team!
Jump to: