Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 24. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 345
Merit: 250
October 17, 2014, 11:23:38 AM
I wonder what would happen if this guy opens his wallet at block 20,xxx  Shocked

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/address.dws?2438.htm

He'd only get like 445 coins. He'd miss all the exponential growth from compounding his stake. It's too bad, he had initially starting staking fairly well, but looks like he forked off on the 10/11 update.

It looks like there are still 5 wallets still on the old versions. Sucks for them, more for us lol
Activity: 342
October 17, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
my complaint is that the staking process is flawed and I did not get the number of coins promised in the OP

is this your first PoS coin? if so, i suggest you do further reading on PoS to understand how it works

anyway, there is no promise of coins in the OP, the words used are "a single coin has the potential to produce 1,000 coins"
POTENTIAL being the keyword

in fact, the OP is understating cause the real potential for 1 SEED is 9,315 coins by the end of growth
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 17, 2014, 11:18:21 AM
I wonder what would happen if this guy opens his wallet at block 20,xxx  Shocked

He'd only get like 445 coins. He'd miss all the exponential growth from compounding his stake. It's too bad, he had initially starting staking fairly well, but looks like he forked off on the 10/11 update.
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
October 17, 2014, 11:14:11 AM
I started with 2 seed and went through the drudgery of updates and am expecting to end up with a little over 15,000 which includes a rebuy of 25 and 520 along the way.  no idea if the interest math worked out overall, but I'm in for 0.478 which puts me at a slight loss at the 'current price' per the block explorer.  Overall, the fact the dev didn't bail on this like I've seen so many do in the past makes this a sort of win...but the market price going in to the weekend will tell the tale

Interesting. I will make a short list to see what outcomes are.
  • Dirtyboots - invested 0.478 btc - got 15000 SEED
  • JonesD - invested 0.1 BTC - got 2050 SEED

Numbers mean more than opinions. More people with numbers?

I invested .5 btc and got .8 seed then mined another 11.6 seed and started staking with 12.4 seed that never left my wallet and now I'm up to: 6,389 seed

I'd like to hear what others have.

at least one of my pool members started staking with  with 3.85 and has 16k now - go figger.... Angry

which proves you didnt have to have a huge stack to start.  There were strategies to be had, the dev even said there were.....

I followed the posted strategies

And I used your pools because they had awesome uptime Smiley

Was using Supranova previously and I kept getting a varied speed - yours was constant though. Awesome pool!

+1

ps: does anyone know why Bittrex disabled Seed coin yet again?

this seems to be a daily occurrance...

the wallet hasn't forked - I wonder what they know that we don't aside from the huge drop in value which was inevitable given the growing supply...

if memory serve me it was at .135 at one point just prior to staking kicking in.

Activity: 345
October 17, 2014, 11:09:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
October 17, 2014, 11:07:25 AM

• lifeforcepools - invested 0.5 btc for .8 SEED and mined 11.6 SEED - got 6,389 SEED
  • Rayban34 - invested 0.35 BTC - got 6457 SEED

Updated Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 17, 2014, 11:02:31 AM
I started with 2 seed and went through the drudgery of updates and am expecting to end up with a little over 15,000 which includes a rebuy of 25 and 520 along the way.  no idea if the interest math worked out overall, but I'm in for 0.478 which puts me at a slight loss at the 'current price' per the block explorer.  Overall, the fact the dev didn't bail on this like I've seen so many do in the past makes this a sort of win...but the market price going in to the weekend will tell the tale

I invested .5 btc and got .8 seed then mined another 11.6 seed and started staking with 12.4 seed that never left my wallet and now I'm up to: 6,389 seed

at least one of my pool members started staking with  with 3.85 and has 16k now - go figger.... Angry

which proves you didnt have to have a huge stack to start.  There were strategies to be had, the dev even said there were.....

And I used your pools because they had awesome uptime Smiley

Was using Supranova previously and I kept getting a varied speed - yours was constant though. Awesome pool!
Activity: 112
October 17, 2014, 11:00:39 AM
K,

I mined 5 seed using betarigs and used about .35btc in doing so.

I haven't closed my wallet since the start of the staking period albeit a few minor PC restarts and now I have: 6457 SEED
October 17, 2014, 10:47:05 AM

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 17, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

legendary
October 17, 2014, 10:44:33 AM
I started with 2 seed and went through the drudgery of updates and am expecting to end up with a little over 15,000 which includes a rebuy of 25 and 520 along the way.  no idea if the interest math worked out overall, but I'm in for 0.478 which puts me at a slight loss at the 'current price' per the block explorer.  Overall, the fact the dev didn't bail on this like I've seen so many do in the past makes this a sort of win...but the market price going in to the weekend will tell the tale

• lifeforcepools - invested 0.5 btc for .8 SEED and mined 11.6 SEED - got 6,389 SEED

Maybe wait until the end of growth period, but good idea Smiley
Thanks, mate L) Will update it if the numbers change Smiley
October 17, 2014, 10:40:39 AM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
October 17, 2014, 10:40:13 AM
I started with 2 seed and went through the drudgery of updates and am expecting to end up with a little over 15,000 which includes a rebuy of 25 and 520 along the way.  no idea if the interest math worked out overall, but I'm in for 0.478 which puts me at a slight loss at the 'current price' per the block explorer.  Overall, the fact the dev didn't bail on this like I've seen so many do in the past makes this a sort of win...but the market price going in to the weekend will tell the tale

Maybe wait until the end of growth period, but good idea Smiley
legendary
October 17, 2014, 10:30:46 AM

Activity: 90
October 17, 2014, 10:29:43 AM
I believe what they are trying to point out is that, using the same softwares that are made public to everyone, they were able to stake and get their rewards. Staking also is very similar to mining... in that the number of coins is equivalent to your hash rate. The more the hashes are getting into a coin, the more the difficulty is going to be in getting the rewards. It cannot be assumed that the dev is responsible if two people download and use the same software and and followed the same instructions, and if one of them get it right, you cannot disregard that information and say mine did not work. There could be any number of things that you might have occurred from your end.

I think the extra heat you are getting from the others is because you are also a pool owner. It is generally assumed pool owners know the ins and out of how pow and pos all works, etc. If relative newbies are able to get it to work, and a few weren't, then its not the dev who has to shoulder the blame. That is the akin to saying the others who got it to work did so with secret non public software or something to that effect.

They are not trying to point out anything..  

What they are doing, is trying to make coding errors done by the dev, that didn't produce the correct amount of coins by staking, appear to be the fault of the end user who should get the promised amount of coins by doing things correctly, and didn't.

The heat that lifeforcepools is taking, is either from people that got lucky and got what they were supposed to, or in error got more than they supposed to, or people that are swinging from the pubic hairs of the dev's.

Personally, I'm in the group that feels shafted, as to say my staking has under performed would be an under statement, somewhere on the scale of 20% of what it was supposed to be. (that's staking properly, not transferring coins within 24 hours of the stake period, etc, etc..)  Fortunately, I only mined with 20 mh/s and didn't waste any BTC on this crap..

So with that reasoning, how do you explain the people who did get the correct amount? They're lying? The blockchain proves otherwise. The wallet was coded to selectively bar some random people from staking? Don't think so.
keep living la la world
Activity: 308
October 17, 2014, 10:29:18 AM
Lol call the crypto police. Noobs lost more money than they could afford and now they are crying.  Roll Eyes

It blows my mind that you operate a pool and are acting like this. Grow a set, you're gambling on altcoins not buying savings bonds.

actually - it takes balls to complain pal  and if you mined on my pools you'd know that I stand up for myself and my miners and I don't take shit from anyone.

I've been around here for a long time. Your infantile response doesn't surprise because again you fail to understand the point of my complaint which is simple so since you apparently have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader so I'll spell it out again.

the VALUE of the coin is irrelevant to me and has nothing to do with my complaint. I've said that over and over - my complaint is that the staking process is flawed and I did not get the number of coins promised in the OP - it's as simple as that - you must be a democrat because instead of responding to my complaint youo attempt to change the subject and call me a 'noob' and somehow infer that I'm concerned about losing money - I knew the risk when I invested because I've invested in lots of other coins....my complaint is that the staking process did not work as promised in the OP.

it's as simple as that. I've tried not to use big words that you might now understand.

I believe what they are trying to point out is that, using the same softwares that are made public to everyone, they were able to stake and get their rewards. Staking also is very similar to mining... in that the number of coins is equivalent to your hash rate. The more the hashes are getting into a coin, the more the difficulty is going to be in getting the rewards. It cannot be assumed that the dev is responsible if two people download and use the same software and and followed the same instructions, and if one of them get it right, you cannot disregard that information and say mine did not work. There could be any number of things that you might have occurred from your end.

I think the extra heat you are getting from the others is because you are also a pool owner. It is generally assumed pool owners know the ins and out of how pow and pos all works, etc. If relative newbies are able to get it to work, and a few weren't, then its not the dev who has to shoulder the blame. That is the akin to saying the others who got it to work did so with secret non public software or something to that effect.
I would have to say i disagree with your statement here cause that is wrong

Disagreements are usually followed by a reasoning. Otherwise it is nothing more than a preference. Like I disagree with people who say that apples taste better than an orange. Cant really debate something like that if you know what I mean Smiley "Because that is wrong" is  not an argument either... that is simply circular logic (coke is better than pepsi because pepsi is worse than coke, etc).

Your wrong!  Mangos taste better  Grin
Activity: 280
October 17, 2014, 10:24:18 AM

What they are doing, is trying to make coding errors done by the dev, that didn't produce the correct amount of coins by staking, appear to be the fault of the end user who should get the promised amount of coins by doing things correctly, and didn't.

The heat that lifeforcepools is taking, is either from people that got lucky and got what they were supposed to, or in error got more than they supposed to, or people that are swinging from the pubic hairs of the dev's.

Personally, I'm in the group that feels shafted, as to say my staking has under performed would be an under statement, somewhere on the scale of 20% of what it was supposed to be. (that's staking properly, not transferring coins within 24 hours of the stake period, etc, etc..)  Fortunately, I only mined with 20 mh/s and didn't waste any BTC on this crap..

So with that reasoning, how do you explain the people who did get the correct amount? They're lying? The blockchain proves otherwise. The wallet was coded to selectively bar some random people from staking? Don't think so.
Activity: 280
October 17, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
Lol call the crypto police. Noobs lost more money than they could afford and now they are crying.  Roll Eyes

It blows my mind that you operate a pool and are acting like this. Grow a set, you're gambling on altcoins not buying savings bonds.

actually - it takes balls to complain pal  and if you mined on my pools you'd know that I stand up for myself and my miners and I don't take shit from anyone.

I've been around here for a long time. Your infantile response doesn't surprise because again you fail to understand the point of my complaint which is simple so since you apparently have the reading comprehension of a 5th grader so I'll spell it out again.

the VALUE of the coin is irrelevant to me and has nothing to do with my complaint. I've said that over and over - my complaint is that the staking process is flawed and I did not get the number of coins promised in the OP - it's as simple as that - you must be a democrat because instead of responding to my complaint youo attempt to change the subject and call me a 'noob' and somehow infer that I'm concerned about losing money - I knew the risk when I invested because I've invested in lots of other coins....my complaint is that the staking process did not work as promised in the OP.

it's as simple as that. I've tried not to use big words that you might now understand.

I would have to say i disagree with your statement here cause that is wrong

Disagreements are usually followed by a reasoning. Otherwise it is nothing more than a preference. Like I disagree with people who say that apples taste better than an orange. Cant really debate something like that if you know what I mean Smiley "Because that is wrong" is  not an argument either... that is simply circular logic (coke is better than pepsi because pepsi is worse than coke, etc).
Activity: 255
October 17, 2014, 10:13:30 AM
legendary
October 17, 2014, 10:03:16 AM

I purchased 200 Seed two days ago for  0.1 BTC and successfully staked twice and have 2000 SEED at the moment. For me it worked, but I don't know how much other people have now. They would have started with 1 SEED I suppose?

Maybe it would be good to see what people have at the end. I would say staking seven times is quite unlikely, so perhaps most early investors will stake 6 times, which would make their 1 seed multiply by something like 2500?
Pages:
Jump to: