Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 127. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
SHIFT-TWITTER VIRAL GAME AUG 31 | LAUNCH

After several months of work and conceptualisation, we're pleased to announce the launch of our viral game on Twitter.

Play and win 25,000+ SHIFT just by tweeting!

Site: game.shiftnrg.org
FAQ
Hashtag #ShiftGame
Follow us on Twitter

Everytime I play I get the message  Sad:

What I do wrong  Huh
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
SHIFT-TWITTER VIRAL GAME AUG 31 | LAUNCH

After several months of work and conceptualisation, we're pleased to announce the launch of our viral game on Twitter.

Play and win 25,000+ SHIFT just by tweeting!

Site: game.shiftnrg.org
FAQ
Hashtag #ShiftGame
Follow us on Twitter
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
its a good step that projects based on ethereum are developing out..
Hope to see such more projects...
Activity: 458
The Twitter viral game is ready! The launch is scheduled for tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Activity: 364
Is there a maximum amount of coins that will be mined/produced? Or has that yet to be determined?

No decision about that has been made yet. We currently have ~150000 coins produced monthly. A switch to PoW-PoS is on the horizon at some point, full proof of stake is also a possibility.

Many of our developments require users to have, use and deposit SHIFT, for example to avoid network spam or as a fee for a fully meshed site backup so ideally coin supply will not completely sit in idle exchange wallets but circulate on Phantom.

Activity: 50
Is there a maximum amount of coins that will be mined/produced? Or has that yet to be determined?
Activity: 241
I've tried Googling... but how does one backup their Shift Wallet?

Thanks

Also it's satisfying to get almost 200 coins in under 24 hours Cheesy

C:\Users\YOU PROFILE\AppData\Roaming\gshift\keystore - UTC--2016-04-.................................................... <-- copy file (you wallet adress)
Activity: 7
I've tried Googling... but how does one backup their Shift Wallet?

Thanks

Also it's satisfying to get almost 200 coins in under 24 hours Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
Hello,
Does anyone can guide me how to use the wallet on osx? Currently phantom gshift is already running, but i couldn't find any shortcut or link for the wallet.
Appreciate for any help.
Thank You.

Hi Thorjeus,

do you mean the Phantom wallet or the GShift CLI client? What exactly did you download?

I see you're on Slack already so let us know when you're around and we'll walk you through it!

Hi everyone,

we're seeing a lot of interest from miners and hashrate is constantly growing.

Currently the nethash is concentrating on MinersZone and ShiftPool so I'd like to advise any newcomers to check out BitCause and 4Miners, both currently running at 0% pool fees.

Would websites like Kickass Torrents benefit a lot from this technology?

Yes, because website will be copied across the network and you cannot take it down unless you switch off all the computers on the network.

Even if someone would try to use police against all of the users lets say 'participating in criminal activity', as far as I'm aware technology used in Phantom allows to use it with Tor.
If that is true then you would have let's say 100 hosts running via Tor with the same copy of all the websites. Try to take down that Wink

bbcoin's explanation is correct. Phantom provides fully meshed, distributed serving of sites and content,
meaning there is no centralized webspace provider that could be censored in order to remove content
from the network.

We don't endorse any unlawful activity, but in many cases, e.g. freedom of speech, users will move in a
grey area so they have to be aware that Phantom will not provide any anonymity better than TOR.

Please explain how exactly your decentralized hosting work? Do miners host content and earn fees for serving? Where exactly sites are stored? in SHF blockchain? How can i guatrantee that my site won't be deleted? Is your solution similar to SiaCoin hosting idea but build on top of SHF network?

Miners do not host data by default, they "only" secure the blockchain and validate transactions. They participate in
Phantom when they mine contracts, e.g. for domains.

In principal every user of Phantom can contribute to the network by opening a specific port and serving data. The
content is located in a file on a peer's computer. Phantom is currently not intended to be a solution for storing large
quantities of data like SIA or IPFS.
We focus on user generated content like blogs, forums or personal websites of any kind, combined with the ability
to integrate blockchain specific features like direct payments or decentralized applications, all with the benefit of
an immutable server network.

As development progresses, we will introduce a distributed node system allowing users to participate in a reward
based program that is, in essence, similar to SIA or DASH: if you set up a node on our network and do certain jobs
(for example serve content to peers) we will reward you with a payment.

You can guarantee your site will not be deleted by the very nature of Phantom, your site is everywhere and nowhere
(fully meshed). In a very basic way you could say everyone hosts everything (with exceptions like filters or flags
that will be introduced at some point). If one, two or a hundred hosts fail the remaining hosts will still have a backup
of your site and spread that to new visitors and other nodes. Your site will stay online until the last peer serving it is
gone.

When you publish a site it is tied to your private key, which means only you can modify the content or reset it by
publishing an empty site.

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

Yes, because website will be copied across the network and you cannot take it down unless you switch off all the computers on the network.

Even if someone would try to use police against all of the users lets say 'participating in criminal activity', as far as I'm aware technology used in Phantom allows to use it with Tor.
If that is true then you would have let's say 100 hosts running via Tor with the same copy of all the websites. Try to take down that Wink

bbcoin's explanation is correct. Phantom provides fully meshed, distributed serving of sites and content,
meaning there is no centralized webspace provider that could be censored in order to remove content
from the network.

We don't endorse any unlawful activity, but in many cases, e.g. freedom of speech, users will move in a
grey area so they have to be aware that Phantom will not provide any anonymity better than TOR.

Please explain how exactly your decentralized hosting work? Do miners host content and earn fees for serving? Where exactly sites are stored? in SHF blockchain? How can i guatrantee that my site won't be deleted? Is your solution similar to SiaCoin hosting idea but build on top of SHF network?

from the network.

Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Crypto enthusiast for years.
Active DEV, price is very low atm. This can be promising project.
Activity: 304
Poloniex purging 24 shitcoins 5th Sept. It's a chance for SHIFT.
Activity: 55

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Jump to: