Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 223. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 102
I'll be joining the mining today, good thing i still have my old rigs even tho i haven't mined ETH can someone point me of a mining guide please.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
Bittrex has over 62.5% of the coins, that without ever forging. People need to start withdrawing their balances to the wallets in order to prevent centralization + an accident such as wallet being robbed.
Meanwhile, suprnova has over 68.2% of the mining network. So if we switch to PoS bittrex centralizes the coin, and if we continue on pure pow suprnova centralizes it. We are way beyond the 51% limit on both fronts.

If you have over 1mh/s there is no reason for you not to solo mine. You will run a node which will help everyone and mining at a pool needlessly is the same as donating your money to the pool owner. I don't think any 2012 and onwards graphic card will give you less than 1 mh/s. That's enough for 1-2 blocks per day, everyday, at current difficulty! Stop giving money to pool owner for nothing!
We also need more pools.

If you have money on bittrex take it away before it's too late. Countless times exchanges have stolen and have been stolen. Why are you trusting them so much?
We also need more exchanges.

I've not been mining anything since last year. I just invest here and there when I have a good feeling. For now, I keep the coins on Bittrex because I don't want to install new wallets over and over again. As soon as PoS starts, I will be retrieving the coins.
Activity: 484
Merit: 251
I see lots and lots of chit-chat about technical stuff, yet you forgot to pump the coin, which equaled in it's death.

Too bad man, really looked like a potential pumpcoin. Maybe create a bit more hype next time.

Kthxbye.

This a long term project, if you're looking for a pump and dump then there a plenty out there.
+1

Someone is accumulating on Bittrex. Almost 50,000 in their balance. That's true for the top 3 actually. I'm in the top 10! Yay!
Bittrex has over 62.5% of the coins, that without ever forging. People need to start withdrawing their balances to the wallets in order to prevent centralization + an accident such as wallet being robbed.
Meanwhile, suprnova has over 68.2% of the mining network. So if we switch to PoS bittrex centralizes the coin, and if we continue on pure pow suprnova centralizes it. We are way beyond the 51% limit on both fronts.

If you have over 1mh/s there is no reason for you not to solo mine. You will run a node which will help everyone and mining at a pool needlessly is the same as donating your money to the pool owner. I don't think any 2012 and onwards graphic card will give you less than 1 mh/s. That's enough for 1-2 blocks per day, everyday, at current difficulty! Stop giving money to pool owner for nothing!
We also need more pools.

If you have money on bittrex take it away before it's too late. Countless times exchanges have stolen and have been stolen. Why are you trusting them so much?
We also need more exchanges.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I see lots and lots of chit-chat about technical stuff, yet you forgot to pump the coin, which equaled in it's death.

Too bad man, really looked like a potential pumpcoin. Maybe create a bit more hype next time.

Kthxbye.

This a long term project, if you're looking for a pump and dump then there a plenty out there.
Activity: 458
Someone is accumulating on Bittrex. Almost 50,000 in their balance. That's true for the top 3 actually. I'm in the top 10! Yay!
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
My transaction from Suprnova pool not found:
TX: 0xdd16b9d3a317fdfad13c7154f01b0d7e066c09388398ca9edf3f1588f8f3c343
TX: 0xb6ba8698ab9748390c7bcab18dc6842bbecea66a9cc181a0cf75334646ac9713

https://shift.etherchain.org/

You are posting some random TXs that you claim exist, but blockchain does not. And you want ocminer or or us to do....? Sorry man

OK, what should I do? Some transactions have disappeared.
legendary
Activity: 840

Kthxbye.
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

https://shift.etherchain.org/

You are posting some random TXs that you claim exist, but blockchain does not. And you want ocminer or or us to do....? Sorry man
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1008
The Shift Team

There is an idea of two different nodes. Regular with minimal amount of stakes and a SST node.. super staking nodes which have ten times more than the minimal stake amount

yep! and x (ten?) times more PoS % then the regular node PoS %!

Sorry, what i ment was, you have to have ten times more funds than the minimal amount of funds you have to have before you can stake. In other words, regular staking node: 2000shf, supernode: 20000.

This is just an example, the numbers can be fine tuned. 5x might be good. Its not any problem to fine tune this stuff later. This is no PoS though, its node staking, PoW will still confirm blocks and will earn more funds than node staking.

This type of example will bring to live a brand new type of reward system then, using some what of the reward system of PoS and Nodes with the strength of PoW.

Yes, there will be some changes to the devp2p protocol that shift uses. But we are getting there. We have an 80% done PoC code in python (which will be converted into golang) that handles the staking node winner. It actually uses live data from network in some extent. The miner who mines a block will be the one who pays out the stake to the node winner. How this will be done is in planning stage.. but the PoC is soon done and we will now start with p2p protocol changes.

Some facts though,

Node stake reward is dynamic and is calculated by the actual amount of SHF in the system. This due to the inflation. Rewards must be aware of inflation.
Only a certain % of the nodes in the network will get a rewards, every node is randomly selected. In theory a node could receive a reward two blocks after each others (opinions about this?).

(Block: 196872) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'108.61.218.27:53900']), reward each: 0.279558
(Block: 196873) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'108.61.218.27:53900']), reward each: 0.279560
(Block: 196874) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'104.238.191.83:53900']), reward each: 0.279561
(Block: 196875) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'45.32.241.124:53900']), reward each: 0.279562
(Block: 196876) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'104.238.191.83:53900']), reward each: 0.279564
(Block: 196877) Number of nodes: 9, number of nodes that gets a reward: 1([u'104.238.146.111:53900']), reward each: 0.279565

Remember, the above is a centralized, but will be fully decentralized. What this node sees is far from every node in the network. Every node in the network must be aware of every other node. This needs to be propagated to each nodes by them talking with each other. That is what we must accomplish with changes in the p2p protocol. Also we need to ship the coinbase address of a staking nodes IP-address.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!

There is an idea of two different nodes. Regular with minimal amount of stakes and a SST node.. super staking nodes which have ten times more than the minimal stake amount

Sorry, what i ment was, you have to have ten times more funds than the minimal amount of funds you have to have before you can stake. In other words, regular staking node: 2000shf, supernode: 20000.

This is just an example, the numbers can be fine tuned. 5x might be good. Its not any problem to fine tune this stuff later. This is no PoS though, its node staking, PoW will still confirm blocks and will earn more funds than node staking.

This type of example will bring to live a brand new type of reward system then, using some what of the reward system of PoS and Nodes with the strength of PoW.
Activity: 311
Hi DEV

i have problem with gui client 0.9.3. OS win7x64 and win 8x64. shift-windows-amd64 synchronization is ok, new account, new DAGs, but gui client don't work. What's happened and how can i win this, dev?

Will be forwarding this to almindor.
I have same problem on same OS (Win7 x64) Wink
The Shift Team
Hi DEV

i have problem with gui client 0.9.3. OS win7x64 and win 8x64. shift-windows-amd64 synchronization is ok, new account, new DAGs, but gui client don't work. What's happened and how can i win this, dev?

Will be forwarding this to almindor.
The Shift Team

Activity: 278
Hi DEV

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

10x staking amount seems a bit extreme. maybe 5x more stake.
Activity: 425

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
If someone will fill my order I will be very glad, so buy high sell low to me. thank you  Tongue Tongue

haha gotta love them buy high sell low people but I don't know how much you will get done here..I tried  Grin

there not that much money to be made in this type of accumulation period, just some small .1 to .3 dumps most likely miner getting btc to pay for the light bill.

Each time someone wants coins the price gets driven up. Low supply low market cap I wonder how this will play out  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1008
If someone will fill my order I will be very glad, so buy high sell low to me. thank you  Tongue Tongue

haha gotta love them buy high sell low people but I don't know how much you will get done here..I tried  Grin

there not that much money to be made in this type of accumulation period, just some small .1 to .3 dumps most likely miner getting btc to pay for the light bill.
Jump to: