Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 225. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
I'm not reading very often the thread, can someone update shortly about what's going on?
Pow is going to finish? when? thank you

No one has invented PoS for Ethereum based coins yet. It might be 1 year or more away.

I would suspect there will be a PoS test net for Ethereum set up way before they officially release it on Ethereum. There is a chance SHF could go PoS within 6 months.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I love to trade
I'm not reading very often the thread, can someone update shortly about what's going on?
Pow is going to finish? when? thank you
Activity: 458
And so, it's not planned to use SHIFT as the ticker any more?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

It's only the PoW that is holding down price. Once this goes PoS we will a top 20 coin. Collect cheap coins if you have the money.

Is there anything set date on when the switch will take place?
legendary

It's only the PoW that is holding down price. Once this goes PoS we will a top 20 coin. Collect cheap coins if you have the money.

legendary
Mining shift not profitable at the moment, better to mine eth or exp.

no really

EXP - block are about every 2 min or more  (diff is still too high - target meant to be 60 sec) . Current Diff is 550Ghs ? about 4 EXP mine per 1 min
SHIFT  block have been avg around 25-35  . Diff is 50 ghs get about 4 block a min = 3 shift X 4 block = 12 SHIFT a min

So If the Difficulty is around 10X more then Shift .... you earn less then half ..... so the EXP price need to be close to 20X the price of shift

SHF = BTC0.00005000
EXP = BTC0.00016000

EXP need to be closer to BTC0.00100000

Eth is easy to calculate http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

Mining 1 x 280x  per day

Ether = 2.051402 ETHER = BTC0.0050
EXP =Get about 3.5 block X 8 EXP =  28 EXP = BTC0.00448
Shift = about 40 -45 block depends how lucky you are X 3 = 120 SHIFT = BTC0.0060

EXP also releases 1% of 11 million coins every month. So 110,000 coins to developers every month. You could call these coins proof-of-dev mined coins... If developers don't do enough work then they sell the coins for cheaper then PoW miners. If developers do tons of work then they can't sell their coins cheaper then PoW miners.

SHIFT is by far the best to mine. I'm holding my coins for a long time so I don't really see them as worth 0.0060 BTC. I see them worth 120 SHF or 120/2,200,000 of all the coins. Compared to the other you get 2/72,000,000 ETH or 28/14,000,000 EXP. You are getting 10,000x and 100x odds against the other choices.

The SHIFT community is really good so far. This coin is the best buy in all of crypto right now. All the community and devs would have to do is switch to PoS as soon as it's available and tested, make a few of the coolest open source DApps, get 10,000+ or more users and then the coin should be worth over a few million $ marketcap.

We need volume on exchanges, otherwise miners will go away and shift will die with natural death.

And we dont care. We will still continue do develop. How about that mr expert. Now, lead, follow or get out of the way..

Kind regards

I don't know what's your point (I only described a certain rule in cryptos), but if your attitude to members of community is like you wrote above, so good luck.

really we only need 1 miner to keep the block going and 1 node ( or one solo miner ) I am glad the price is falling  it driving away large miner that have no interest in the coin and only want to mine and dump

have to remember that if you have more GPU power , you only get larger piece of the pie ... you dont get more coin.
It would be better if the 10 or so member that care about this coin could all mine with 1 gpu card each or CPU .... save power and still get the same ammount of coin

Your comment is a bit messed up, but nevermind.

Remeber, that in the end of the day someone has to buy your coins, otherwise you'll become a loser.

This is the first time i say this to anyone in this thread, and i always try to treat people with respect. But you are amongst the most ignorant person on bitcointalk, jesus fucking christ.

You can say what you want about me, but please don't mix Jesus with bitcontalk and your project (you can hurt someone's feelings).

Yeah, im sorry. Its just that we put alot of work into this... its kind of provoking to believe that we only do this for the money..

Kind regards

Keep working away and the price will determine itself  Grin  This coin is super cheap right now so if you are in it for the money you may be waiting a while! Also I don't believe this cause nobody is hitting my buy orders  Sad
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
We need volume on exchanges, otherwise miners will go away and shift will die with natural death.

And we dont care. We will still continue do develop. How about that mr expert. Now, lead, follow or get out of the way..

Kind regards

I don't know what's your point (I only described a certain rule in cryptos), but if your attitude to members of community is like you wrote above, so good luck.

really we only need 1 miner to keep the block going and 1 node ( or one solo miner ) I am glad the price is falling  it driving away large miner that have no interest in the coin and only want to mine and dump

have to remember that if you have more GPU power , you only get larger piece of the pie ... you dont get more coin.
It would be better if the 10 or so member that care about this coin could all mine with 1 gpu card each or CPU .... save power and still get the same ammount of coin

Remeber, that in the end of the day someone has to buy your coins, otherwise you'll become a loser.

This is the first time i say this to anyone in this thread, and i always try to treat people with respect. But you are amongst the most ignorant person on bitcointalk, jesus fucking christ.

You can say what you want about me, but please don't mix Jesus with bitcontalk and your project (you can hurt someone's feelings).

Yeah, im sorry. Its just that we put alot of work into this... its kind of provoking to believe that we only do this for the money..

Kind regards
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Don't they require a website for adding a coin?

Pretty much done, http://46.101.129.58/#home

Did EXP had a website or a block explorer when they got added, the answer is NO. This is just absurd.

Cool, the font is hard to read in the FAQ section though.

I believed EXP had a website when added. I read EXP team have their entries at Polo, so that would explain it. Now, that makes me question Poloniex's impartiality...

Yes, Im waiting for the questions to be done and then I will work on the FAQ section. Aside from that its all done.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Kind regards

Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team

Kind regards

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
I can't understand why miners are selling at these low prices. I don't know what are the prices for electricity around the world, but here kW/h is about $0,10. PC with R280X (which was given as example) will have power consumption of about 400-450W/h. If we assume that power consumption is 400W, and the price is $0.10/kWh, then your monthly electricity bill will be ~$29. The "profit" for mining SHIFT is about $1,17/day per GPU (at 0.00004 BTC price). It's better to mine it like 2-3 months, gather some 10k coins, pay $90 for electricity and just wait. Otherwise your "profit" is like $2/month and for those $2 your PC must run 24/7, raping your GPU. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
EXP dev's are also well know and respected amongst the crypto community...
Activity: 458
Don't they require a website for adding a coin?

Pretty much done, http://46.101.129.58/#home

Did EXP had a website or a block explorer when they got added, the answer is NO. This is just absurd.

Cool, the font is hard to read in the FAQ section though.

I believed EXP had a website when added. I read EXP team have their entries at Polo, so that would explain it. Now, that makes me question Poloniex's impartiality...
Activity: 599
Mining shift not profitable at the moment, better to mine eth or exp.

no really

EXP - block are about every 2 min or more  (diff is still too high - target meant to be 60 sec) . Current Diff is 550Ghs ? about 4 EXP mine per 1 min
SHIFT  block have been avg around 25-35  . Diff is 50 ghs get about 4 block a min = 3 shift X 4 block = 12 SHIFT a min

So If the Difficulty is around 10X more then Shift .... you earn less then half ..... so the EXP price need to be close to 20X the price of shift

SHF = BTC0.00005000
EXP = BTC0.00016000

EXP need to be closer to BTC0.00100000

Eth is easy to calculate http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/

Mining 1 x 280x  per day

Ether = 2.051402 ETHER = BTC0.0050
EXP =Get about 3.5 block X 8 EXP =  28 EXP = BTC0.00448
Shift = about 40 -45 block depends how lucky you are X 3 = 120 SHIFT = BTC0.0060
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Kind regards

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I downloaded Shift 0.9.3 but does not work on Win-7 64 (no synchronization). Win-8 is OK.
The same problem as Geth (Ethereum).
legendary
Activity: 1008

Kind regards

That's what I like to hear.  Keep it coming guys, nice work. 

Volume isn't everything, and honestly, either are exchanges.

Hard work will pay off, a natural grow scenario would be the best solid foundation we could have plus a solid development.
Activity: 756

Kind regards

That's what I like to hear.  Keep it coming guys, nice work. 

Volume isn't everything, and honestly, either are exchanges.

Here is a chance for some promotion. Retweet this and maybe it will be on the coinigy show:
https://twitter.com/jessecouch/status/651829343434375168

Looks like you got yourself a couple retweets  Grin    Getting as much cheap shift right now as I can
Jump to: