Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 59. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Shift Coins from roughly July 2016

I admit, I have not been keep tracking of this coin.  I did mine it during the July time period of 2016.  Recently I wanted to do an inventory of my alt coins, and I found a folder called Phantom-bundle... looked a little deeper and oh ya, I have some Shift coins.

I noticed on page 1 that there was a manual coin swap but I'm afraid I have missed the transfer window by roughly a year.  I do not see my address on the shift block explorer, I am assuming this is because of the manual swap.

So, is there any chance I can salvage my older Shift coins?

Thanks

Hello,

You should go on the Shiftnrg Ryver forum and ask one of the devs. Hopefully they can help you out.

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Shift Coins from roughly July 2016

I admit, I have not been keep tracking of this coin.  I did mine it during the July time period of 2016.  Recently I wanted to do an inventory of my alt coins, and I found a folder called Phantom-bundle... looked a little deeper and oh ya, I have some Shift coins.

I noticed on page 1 that there was a manual coin swap but I'm afraid I have missed the transfer window by roughly a year.  I do not see my address on the shift block explorer, I am assuming this is because of the manual swap.

So, is there any chance I can salvage my older Shift coins?

Thanks
Activity: 143
In Shift's  DPoS system if you are a delegate you get the same reward as the rest of 100 delegates no matter how many coins u have in your wallet ? How many coins / month maked a delegate at the moment ?
Activity: 308
You keep saying no one is answering your questions, but Ralph did.

Umm what? When did I ever say that? I already asked the devs about the wallet security hole at Ryver and the response I got in return has already been posted here. Then I asked another question regarding when the new version of the wallet will be released and there was no response to that. Some people want to know this specific bit. I don't know why you are posting the original response everywhere which everyone already knows about.

Not everyone knows what the devs are saying on Ryder. I just don't want the impression floating around that the wallet update is not being worked on.

Ok cool. I hope they drop everything and work on this first. With all the hacks going on, plugging the security hole asap is of utmost importance.

Umm what? When did I ever say that? I already asked the devs about the wallet security hole at Ryver and the response I got in return has already been posted here. Then I asked another question regarding when the new version of the wallet will be released and there was no response to that. Some people want to know this specific bit. I don't know why you are posting the original response everywhere which everyone already knows about.

Not everyone knows what the devs are saying on Ryder. I just don't want the impression floating around that the wallet update is not being worked on.

You keep saying no one is answering your questions, but Ralph did. The wallet is being updated and will be released soon. Do you want a time and date? These things take some time and testing. I am sure it will be released soon.
This doesn't look good. Still time to fix this, but I'm surprised there was no urgency even when they knew about it

After getting the above response, I asked the devs when the new version of the web wallet will be released. No response so far. I'll post here if I get any.

This needs to be fixed on an urgent basis. After what happened with Parity hack, I don't think I can sleep easy until this is fixed.

Shift also needs a desktop lite client. Web wallets cannot be trusted.

No answer about it yet ?

Nope.

This is the response a dev named Ralph S gave the Ryder forum a few days ago.

Some of you mentioned this post about a warning for LSK, SHIFT, RISE.
    https://boards.4chan.org/biz/thread/2836956

There is no reason to panic, we are aware of that API endpoint and the security risk this could cause. They do have a point, and it is important to repeat: ALWAYS use the OFFICIAL https wallet, if you are not running your own node!
    No need to say that we NEVER log input. Some users who lost their keys wish we would though.

We do have a fix for this, to be released in the next wallet update. Where we don't use this endpoint at all, and sign transactions at the client side to broadcast to our main nodes.
    That way your private keys are safe, because they aren't sent at all. You can compare it to the way MyEtherWallet works.

We hope this explains the case and answers your questions.

Why are you copy pasting Ralph's response everywhere? Your answer is not relevant to the question asked.
This doesn't look good. Still time to fix this, but I'm surprised there was no urgency even when they knew about it

After getting the above response, I asked the devs when the new version of the web wallet will be released. No response so far. I'll post here if I get any.

This needs to be fixed on an urgent basis. After what happened with Parity hack, I don't think I can sleep easy until this is fixed.

No answer about it yet ?

Nope.

This is the response a dev named Ralph S gave the Ryder forum a few days ago.

There is no reason to panic, we are aware of that API endpoint and the security risk this could cause. They do have a point, and it is important to repeat: ALWAYS use the OFFICIAL https wallet, if you are not running your own node!
    No need to say that we NEVER log input. Some users who lost their keys wish we would though.

We do have a fix for this, to be released in the next wallet update. Where we don't use this endpoint at all, and sign transactions at the client side to broadcast to our main nodes.
    That way your private keys are safe, because they aren't sent at all. You can compare it to the way MyEtherWallet works.

No answer about it yet ?

Nope.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Crypto connoisseur.
Aha!!! Great!!! Now i get it! Thx realstarlord!
So do we vote for more than one pool? Or if we vote for more than one does that mess up forging?

Hello,

Vote for a many delegates and delegate pools as you like! Smiley

You can vote for 33 at a time and up to 101 total.

It costs 1 shift to vote, so try to vote for as many pools and delegates in one vote as possible.

So then which pool would pay out to me that i voted for?

All of the pools you vote for will payout. So you can vote for every pool that is forging (top 101) if you like.
Crypto connoisseur.
So do we vote for more than one pool? Or if we vote for more than one does that mess up forging?

Hello,

It costs 1 shift to vote, so try to vote for as many pools and delegates in one vote as possible.

So then which pool would pay out to me that i voted for?

Hello,

No answer about it yet ?

Hello,

One of the Shift devs responded on Ryver. I would like to share his response with you: 

Crypto connoisseur.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

No answer about it yet ?
Crypto connoisseur.
Thanks for in depth answers realstarlord. Ill get on wallet in a bit and see if i can understand everything clearly!!
Also, how do ppl know who they are voting for?

You need to open a webwallet first https://wallet.shiftnrg.org. Send your Shift to your webwallet and make sure to create a secondary passphrase. This is important. Once you have control of your Shift, you can vote from your wallet for the pools and delegates of your choosing. At that point, you will be staking through the pools. In your wallet you can see who you are voting for. Join the Ryver group, you will get faster support there. Feel free to vote for "starlord" if you like Wink

I voted for a few delegates. Do I need to take any additional steps to confirm the votes so that they know where to send the forging share rewards?

Once you vote for a pool, the pool operator has software to manage payouts. Keep in mind each pool operator has his own policy for min payout amount, payout frequency and what percentage of payouts will go to those who voted for the pool. We have a member of the Shift community called Vekexasia who created a very nice tool for optimizing your pool portfolio. You can message him directly on the Ryver chat group.

I used Vekexasia's awesome website to choose a few delegates. I voted for him as well since he is doing such good work to help the community.

Thanks for all the information provided here guys. You have been a big help Smiley
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: