Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 39. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
June 08, 2014, 06:46:56 AM
Oh he plans to solve it by makiejw{} dii ing sure thar paiejd%^jjpjjfs is always fsef jgog$&*1
Sorry $Tkjjt$^j going thr4"%^&^& tunnel%^J%gjpidj
Will cal$%gjj backRrTOLsd fnnrrr [piiiiiii later.

Yeah, it's always weird to hear:

"can't make it... OPENING CURLY BRACKET ...night... CLOSING CURLY BRACKET... because PERCENT... my boss... AMPERSAND... son of a ...DOLLAR... maybe later CARET PERCENT CARET CARET beeep..."

when connection goes bad...
Simcoin Developer
June 08, 2014, 06:35:58 AM
Is the Nothing at Stake attack relevant for Simcoin? If yes, how do you plan to solve it?

I don't follow n@s arguments too closely, but from what I can tell the problem stems from the same BCNext blunder I've already pointed out: using PoW atavism - the blockchain - for a PoS coin. Sure, it's much easier to program, but, as we can see, gives you a lot of problems down the road.

People worry that since the blockchain is not protected with PoW, an attacker could generate an alternative chain by buying old private keys and then present this chain to the network as a better alternative.

Information about how exactly NXT forging works is very confusing and scattered across multiple forum posts, so I can't tell whether such attack is viable, but seeing this new talk about Economic Clustering (Huh), the threat might be real.

In Simcoin there will be no blockchain, so old private keys are useless. To make any changes you need to own the majority of stake in the present.
Simcoin Developer
June 08, 2014, 06:11:18 AM
What about Angelfire?

Actually, I have used Nearly Free Speech Dot Net in the past which I liked, but at the time they didn't have SSL.  Apparently they do support that now, but I never tried it. 

Regular hosting companies won't do.

I need a Windows VPS or a cheap dedicated from a company that accepts bitcoins and doesn't ask too many questions.
Simcoin Developer
June 08, 2014, 06:08:01 AM
To all the people who are sending me PM's with requests no invest - just stop.

The rules are for everyone.

You will now have to buy from the exchange.
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
Iota and JINN
June 08, 2014, 05:22:26 AM
hours ago I was thinking to invest a little more,but I felt sleepy so ... When I get up,the ipo closed:(
Ok,at least I am on the train,good luck everyone.

Same with me, just got back from vacation, was in my mind to invest more all the time, funny it closed just hours ago

All people will have time to invest more. In a couple of weeks the exchange will be ready, so until the official launch there is plenty of time.

Did I catch it right, that it's going to be exchange for Simcoins(stakes)-BTC and back, like asset exchange for NEM ?

Regards
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2014, 04:27:23 AM
Yay.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
June 08, 2014, 04:05:23 AM
Very good news! This project may change a lot of things in the cryptoworld. Glad i invested, should have invested even more!
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
June 08, 2014, 03:56:17 AM
[WTB]

If anyone else wants to unlock some amount of invested BTCs, I want to buy ~0.5BTC worth of someone's stake. I offer 115% BTCs for it (e.g. 0.575BTC for 0.5BTC of stake). I speculated that the IPO would last much longer (at least 6 months) and deliberated the amount to invest and managed to not invest at all.  Angry

EDIT: alternatively, I offer NEM stake via NXT asset exchange in exchange for SIM stake at 100% rate.

Please, PM me with offers. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
June 08, 2014, 03:43:39 AM
Oh he plans to solve it by makiejw{} dii ing sure thar paiejd%^jjpjjfs is always fsef jgog$&*1
Sorry $Tkjjt$^j going thr4"%^&^& tunnel%^J%gjpidj
Will cal$%gjj backRrTOLsd fnnrrr [piiiiiii later.

legendary
Activity: 1498
June 08, 2014, 03:37:10 AM
Congrats!

Is the Nothing at Stake attack relevant for Simcoin? If yes, how do you plan to solve it?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
June 08, 2014, 03:27:52 AM
Anyone wanting to unlock their BTC can pm me, ill buy your stake

Even if you payed double, I still wouldn't sell my stake now.  Wink

I also think it will be great once the exchange will up and running.

I am paying IPO prices only Grin
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
June 08, 2014, 03:16:09 AM

Even if you payed double, I still wouldn't sell my stake now.  Wink

I also think it will be great once the exchange will up and running.
legendary
Stagnation is Death
June 08, 2014, 02:10:58 AM
June 08, 2014, 01:29:53 AM
hours ago I was thinking to invest a little more,but I felt sleepy so ... When I get up,the ipo closed:(

Same with me, just got back from vacation, was in my mind to invest more all the time, funny it closed just hours ago

All people will have time to invest more. In a couple of weeks the exchange will be ready, so until the official launch there is plenty of time.
legendary
Stagnation is Death
June 08, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
June 08, 2014, 01:12:16 AM
June 08, 2014, 12:54:13 AM

THE IPO IS CLOSED

Great!

What are some important things you think the community/investors could contribute with?
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
I don't really come from outer space.
June 07, 2014, 07:36:19 PM
It looks like the IPO has closed itself, so let’s make it official:

THE IPO IS CLOSED

Went to the site and saw.  I was just about to throw more bitcoin at you, too.  Wink

My offer of helping you to make your code multi-platform using MingGW for Windows and plain vanilla GCC for GNU/Linux still stands, BTW.
Simcoin Developer
June 07, 2014, 07:14:40 PM
Of course I did. I just wanted to throw some more fresh earned BTC at nothing.

Yeah, well, I was "earning" 2.4 BTC per day while the IPO was open, so...

You can't allow greed to guide your actions Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 07, 2014, 07:12:04 PM
Oh I hate you, couldn't you have it opened up a little longer
You started to actually convince me ^^

You mean, you haven't invested yet?! Grin

Of course I did. I just wanted to throw some more fresh earned BTC at nothing.
Pages:
Jump to: