Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 41. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
June 06, 2014, 02:18:09 PM
Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss
And now you're officially named after a random bossmob from Diablo 2

Beats "King of Bitcoin", doesn't it? I mean, talk about lack of imagination...

All I need now is to figure out where to put "Galactic" in there and I'm all set.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 06, 2014, 02:08:36 PM
Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss

And now you're officially named after a random bossmob from Diablo 2
Simcoin Developer
June 06, 2014, 07:17:31 AM
Oh I'm in for the IPO, so I'm not quite remaining up in the canopy. It's dull up there, far more interesting watching you choosing sticks.

Ah, so you're an early adopter of The Huge Stick...

Well, deranged genius is not such a bad title.

"Oh, Tentacle Overlord, The Deranged Genius of The Abyss, we call upon your name!"

Sounds nice.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
June 06, 2014, 07:06:55 AM
So, enjoy your comfort up there. For now.

Oh I'm in for the IPO, so I'm not quite remaining up in the canopy. It's dull up there, far more interesting watching you choosing sticks.

Simcoin Developer
June 06, 2014, 06:55:13 AM
Well given the number of deranged idiots on this forum, I guess a deranged genius will at least make for interesting reading.

Such spirit. I wager fifteen quatloos that he is untrainable.

Uhm... thanks for you support? Undecided

I bet all the monkeys were laughing their asses off, too, at that one who decided to come down.

Right until he picked up a huge stick off the ground and beat the shit out of them.

So, enjoy your comfort up there. For now.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
June 06, 2014, 06:09:09 AM
Well given the number of deranged idiots on this forum, I guess a deranged genius will at least make for interesting reading.

Such spirit. I wager fifteen quatloos that he is untrainable.

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
June 06, 2014, 02:44:53 AM
The site is up, transaction was very fast.

Dev, maybe you have date for coin launch?

aprox?
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 03:32:49 PM
The 17% account held the coins that were not claimed on the day of the launch. Basically investors that were not online and submitted a NXT address to BCnext. Most of them received their NXT in the following days.

That's what I suspected...

I also like it when people quote pictures. What a nice way to say to all your readers: "See how little I care about you? Because I couldn't be bothered to spend 2 seconds to remove that pic, now each and every one of you have to skip over it, suckers!"

Very simple and effective, indeed.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 05, 2014, 02:39:11 PM
Simcoin distribution vs NXT:

REMOVED THAT PICTURE

Anybody knows why the top account owns 17%? Is it a special account or a really big whale? Currently it's more than 3 times off the chart...

With that huge account included the top 10 accounts owned 60.4% of all coins.

The 17% account held the coins that were not claimed on the day of the launch. Basically investors that were not online and submitted a NXT address to BCnext. Most of them received their NXT in the following days.
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 02:35:56 PM
Simcoin distribution vs NXT:

Anybody knows why the top account owns 17%? Is it a special account or a really big whale? Currently it's more than 3 times off the chart...

With that huge account included the top 10 accounts owned 60.4% of all coins.
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 11:36:31 AM
I decided to use Ed25519 instead of the standard Java ECDSA.

More and more interesting... What happened along the way that made him switch to Curve25519 instead?
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 11:24:02 AM
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh NxtChg R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

I do not talk like that!

Well, maybe in my sleep... Wink
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 11:21:17 AM
Wow, one of the first things BCNext released was also an address gen! Smiley

I created a small program for address generation.  https://mega.co.nz/#!94IETDZL!FRbFAnAi4uu4G5dh6HUSvmHfgK5GXKsh4NWdgY2avJ0
While you are waiting for the release you can try to generate a short memorable address Wink

Did not know that...
June 05, 2014, 11:17:18 AM
Here's a bigger picture for you Smiley

I've just copied current consensus mechanism into the simulator and this is the very first, unoptimised result on a rather "bad" network with "slow" nodes.

Look at the time! Under 1 sec, as promised Grin

(Might upload a video later, if I decide this is not too revealing...)

5% packets lost. Is that bad?

I see a node 500 miles south west off the coast of Cape Town. No islands in sight so I think NxtChg just accidentally gave away the location of his hidden subterranean headquarters.

EDIT: OT: As long as this is consistently at such high speeds it could be a thing. I remember a BTC block taking close to 1,5 hours last week which wasn't all that cool since I was in the middle of something.

The tentacle overload lies in eternal slumber beneath the waves.
Ph’nglui mglw’nafh NxtChg R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 10:30:12 AM
I see a node 500 miles south west off the coast of Cape Town. No islands in sight so I think NxtChg just accidentally gave away the location of his hidden subterranean headquarters.

That's where my boat is currently moored Smiley
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
June 05, 2014, 10:26:59 AM

I've just copied current consensus mechanism into the simulator and this is the very first, unoptimised result on a rather "bad" network with "slow" nodes.

EDIT: OT: As long as this is consistently at such high speeds it could be a thing. I remember a BTC block taking close to 1,5 hours last week which wasn't all that cool since I was in the middle of something.
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 09:26:32 AM

This is a network parameter. Considering that we are talking links between servers, I'd say this is a pretty "bad" network. 50 msec jitter is not particularly nice either.

Also here all the nodes are randomly distributed across all continents, in reality they will be clustered much closer, many inside the same data centers with 1 Gbps links between them, so it will be significantly better.

To answer your question: the fact that it performs well under such adverse conditions is good.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
June 05, 2014, 09:08:59 AM

June 05, 2014, 07:14:19 AM
I suspect your game is...

Shhhh! Be smart inside your own head Wink

On a more serious note. You said before that you may be using a consensus system similar to ripple in an effort to achieve instant transaction times. If this is the case why are you worried about other coins?

Well, for one, instant transactions is not such a killer feature in itself. In many cases users are quite alright with waiting 30 sec for confirmations. Besides, NXT might actually make something working, who knows, they have plans for "instant" transactions too. I am skeptical, but that doesn't mean they can't do it.

Copycats take all your work in an instant, so they immediately negate any technological lead you have. And investors don't mind jumping from coin to coin. How many here hold both NXT and NEM?

So with copycats, it's difficult to retain any lead you might have. Our species likes everything new just because it's new.

Yepp, copycats won't have the right developer though. If you actually pull this off, you'll have name, game and a reputation.
Considering the attitude you showed up until now and how you handle the situation you're going to be a serious assett the original simcoin
Simcoin Developer
June 05, 2014, 06:46:09 AM

Pages:
Jump to: