Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 54. (Read 157733 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2014, 02:27:27 AM
Seems someone is developing something similar.

https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/basiccoin

What do you think of the project? Is there anything useful we can take away?

It's not that similar. Basic Coin's source code is much smaller than Bitcoin's, and it's function-centric so as to make adding new features more straightforward. It's deliberately trying to make things "simple" for developers. Simcoin, on the other hand, aims at making things simple for end users.

The two goals are more different than you may think. Back in tha day when GUIs were first being developed, programmers took this fatalistic rule of thumb to heart: "The easier to use, the harder to program."
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
May 09, 2014, 12:51:54 AM
Seems someone is developing something similar.

https://github.com/zack-bitcoin/basiccoin

What do you think of the project? Is there anything useful we can take away?
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
May 08, 2014, 11:35:20 AM
Oh, turns out today is 1-month birthday of this topic Smiley

So, the top 10 investors own 24.17%, a slight decrease from 25.54% on April, 28.

Good.
Simcoin Developer
May 08, 2014, 03:53:25 AM
(there must be a reason why nobody done it before)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
May 07, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
<1 sec confirmation is an awesome idea. I've no idea if it's even possible (there must be a reason why nobody done it before) but it would be great.
Activity: 18
May 06, 2014, 09:39:37 AM
August 11, 2038
August 12, 2038

LOL.... meanwhile sussex in the other room is decorating his thread  with quotes Smiley

A sense of humor is highly correlated with intelligence.

I wonder if negatives correlate too Smiley

You're doing the right thing, it's better to have everything said and done before closing the IPO than closing it and having nothing done but collection of btc's.
You have the opportunity to finish what you have to and then surprise everyone with rolling out what you've been working on when you say you will vs. rushing to get things done.
I have faith in this one. Glad I put up some coin.
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 07:20:29 PM
August 11, 2038
August 12, 2038

LOL.... meanwhile sussex in the other room is decorating his thread  with quotes Smiley

A sense of humor is highly correlated with intelligence.

I wonder if negatives correlate too Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 05, 2014, 07:13:47 PM
So close the IPO, dammit!! Grin

August 11, 2038
August 12, 2038

LOL.... meanwhile sussex in the other room is decorating his thread  with quotes Smiley
Activity: 312
Merit: 254
May 05, 2014, 05:21:43 PM
I agree with nxtchg in this... this forum is fucking full of speculators, I will make them wait forever too, really few people see the innovation behind new coins and only see old fiat currency.... Angry if people really care about innovation, nxt should be number one, followed by mastercoin, ripple, counterparty and similars, but instead of this, people continues with speculation like nxtchg says, If I were a dev I will make a test to all the investors and see if they really understand in which they are investing, and if not, I will take their money anyway without giving them anything... Really hate this system in which more stupid and more rich becomes richer and richer as they fatten their ass.

Sayd that, only hope nxtchg isn't a scamer, seems like he understand crypto situation and see them like the future and not a quick way for make some bucks, if he is, I will feel pretty bad Sad
The ideas behind simplecoin are good, althoug I have some different opinions in some points. I will wait one, two or how many years become neccesary, but hope he addapts the technology by the time course and learn of every new projects Wink
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 03:45:34 PM

August 11, 2038
August 12, 2038
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2014, 03:42:46 PM
Do you mean the 3.201 BTC investment is yours?    Undecided

Oh, I doubt that. He looks like a sussex sockpuppet.

Edit:   @NxtChg    Keep the IPO open AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...  make him/her/them suffer!    Wink

Yeah, every complaint about closing the IPO moves the actual date of closing one day into the future Smiley

Alright, I'm waiting on some BTC that hasn't arrived yet.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
May 05, 2014, 05:57:59 AM
It was a good idea to make self-moderated topic. One of not many threads on the forum you can breath easily without all those trolls.

That is one thing that upsets me about bitcointalk.org - lack of strong moderation.

I believe Bitcoin would have much better image if more effort was put into this forum.

Right now it's just a giant garbage dump, no sane people would hang around here, only us, cryptomaniacs Smiley

I like it here. Lack of moderation means more freedom. For scammers also, but it educates people. I lost some money and I suppose I will lose more but it feels like you're on your own, nobody is going mentoring and protecting you. Such atmosphere makes it possible to grow people like Anon136 and others. We wouldn't need them if the forum has strong moderation. It would be a jailhouse with strong rules. Not it's a healthy self-organizing community and it's awesome.
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 05:54:37 AM
To return us back on track, let me remind you that 4 bounties are still available for a simple task:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6456980
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 05:30:00 AM
It was a good idea to make self-moderated topic. One of not many threads on the forum you can breath easily without all those trolls.

That is one thing that upsets me about bitcointalk.org - lack of strong moderation.

I believe Bitcoin would have much better image if more effort was put into this forum.

Right now it's just a giant garbage dump, no sane people would hang around here, only us, cryptomaniacs Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
May 05, 2014, 05:21:00 AM
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 04:59:57 AM

Hm, whaddya know, he is our biggest investor Smiley

So the leader is at 3.211 now.
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 04:25:17 AM
Simcoin Developer
May 05, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

Edit:   @NxtChg    Keep the IPO open AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...  make him/her/them suffer!    Wink

Yeah, every complaint about closing the IPO moves the actual date of closing one day into the future Smiley

--

It's amusing to watch all these posters who are very upset now that this turned out to be not just another quick pump-n-dump scheme.

You know what? If you can't wait for a year, you're not an investor, you're a speculator, i.e. a parasite without any real economic value, so I have no obligation to respect your opinions.

My job here is a long-term success of this project. Since it's not a PoW coin, which can be mined by anybody for a long time, the initial distribution becomes vital.

So shut up. The IPO will stay open for as long as needed.

Activity: 22
May 05, 2014, 02:26:02 AM
I'm shocked at how many people are sending this person btc without escrow.
Trust or not, we shouldn't be encouraging this kind of situation on the forums.
As well, the fact that the deposit address is not posted makes me uneasy.
To the person who said "can you prove that investments HAVEN'T been made" it is not up to us to prove the negative.
God, I can't believe I had to say that.
This person wants everyones money, but isn't willing to provide any proof or security to those who invest?

You've got $45,000 of peoples money here.
You should respect them enough to provide security for their investments.

I hope for everyones sake this is legit.

I remember dev by Nxt thread. Don't have anything to invest atm, but I'd send him coins directly without any doubts.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
May 05, 2014, 02:14:03 AM
I'm shocked at how many people are sending this person btc without escrow.
Trust or not, we shouldn't be encouraging this kind of situation on the forums.
As well, the fact that the deposit address is not posted makes me uneasy.
To the person who said "can you prove that investments HAVEN'T been made" it is not up to us to prove the negative.
God, I can't believe I had to say that.
This person wants everyones money, but isn't willing to provide any proof or security to those who invest?

You've got $45,000 of peoples money here.
You should respect them enough to provide security for their investments.

I hope for everyones sake this is legit.
Actually, you can see all the btc in this address: 1FDFXtD64ijowg8tzvk8BsEuGUeZpK5MeC
It's not difficult to trace all the investors' address
Pages:
Jump to: