Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 56. (Read 157733 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
May 04, 2014, 08:52:22 AM
To test, modify the ini to look like this:
[main]
data_folder=%APPDATA%\Simcoin\data\
Then run the program again, it will now work with that folder.

It worked, folder created.

So just doesn't work in IE then. It's x64 btw.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
May 04, 2014, 08:46:06 AM
Btw there's no Simcoin folder in my Roaming folder.
---------
Opened main.htm in Firefox 28.0 and  IE 9.0.8112.16421 and nothing happenes, I can't create a vault. I enter a password, click Enter, window closes and that's it.

You have no Simcoin in your Roaming because the default data_folder is empty, so the program uses its current location as its data folder.

To test, modify the ini to look like this:

[main]
data_folder=%APPDATA%\Simcoin\data\

Then run the program again, it will now work with that folder.

Vaults won't be created in other browsers, JS relies on the core executable to do some operations.
legendary
May 04, 2014, 08:42:47 AM
I ran Simcoin.exe, it works alright. Created a couple of vaults with Russian keyboard, everything looks ok.
---------
I didn't understand how to check ini file. If I click it I've got a document opened in notepad:
[main]
data_folder=
;data_folder=%APPDATA%\Simcoin\data\

Btw there's no Simcoin folder in my Roaming folder.
---------
Opened main.htm in Firefox 28.0 and  IE 9.0.8112.16421 and nothing happenes, I can't create a vault. I enter a password, click Enter, window closes and that's it.
legendary
Simcoin Developer
May 04, 2014, 07:35:20 AM
OK...  I got IE 11.0.9600.17105 installed and the on-screen keyboard works fine when I run Simcoin.exe...   I also opened main.htm with Chrome & Firefox/Tor and the on-screen keyboard works with those as well.

After enabling the data_folder INI option (with the values given)...  a folder named Simcoin was created in AppData -> Roaming...  and the folder named data within it includes the .log & .vlt files.

Great! Thanks for the detailed report.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 04, 2014, 06:43:11 AM

Hah, that's actually pretty funny Grin

Keep up the good work!

Pandaisftw
Simcoin Developer
May 04, 2014, 06:24:32 AM
Distribution update

154 investors with 99.12 BTC. Not bad.

Weekly progress report

Another slow week. Decided that the 3rd draft of the Vault specification is probably the final and I should start writing code for it. The code took surprisingly longer than expected.

Actually, this is a perfect motto for the software industry in general: "It took longer than expected!"  Grin

One of the reasons is that when you are developing a system that deals with people's money and has the potential to be used by tens of thousands, if not millions of users, you become so paranoid you can't even see where you can safely cut corners anymore!

To give you a peek into my evergrowing paranoia: at first I was writing the Vault class in such a way as to keep 2 identical copies of its contents in memory, repeat all operations for each copy and then, on each access, verify that both copies are the same! And I already had 2 other ways to verify each record's integrity!

Fortunately, I had a moment of clarity where I realized that this is most certainly a retarded overkill and scraped the whole idea, replacing it with a single copy and simplifying a lot in the process.

---

• So, you've seen the utf-8 password console test – correct input processing plus replacing it with '*' as you type took a bit of the time.
  • Started coding the Vault. Rewrote my File class to use Windows native file functions instead of C runtime, because Vault requires additional features, like proper file buffer flushing or preserving file creation time.
  • Wrote a simple Vault Creator tool to help node owners create vaults without the need for a client.
  • Did some experiments with Windows On-Screen Keyboard (OSK). Wrote a trivial keylogger to test it and the keyboard didn't help at all Sad So had to abandon the idea and replace it with JavaScript OSK.
  • Investigated several JS OSK available, picked one and then tweaked and simplified it a bit.
  • Ability to disable/enable all IE addons via the registry. Unfortunately, it alarms the antivirus, so disabled it for now. Maybe it will be an option later.
  • Added "data_folder" variable into INI to tell the client where its data folder is located. Correctly expands paths like "%APPDATA%\Simcoin\data\". Correctly creates sub-folders recursively, if needed. Started "Client Configuration" article in the wiki, documented it.
  • Rest of the time was spent on the test client: Vault integration (two JS API functions: new_vault() and enum_vaults()), simple navigation, password popup, OSK integration, etc.

Hm, I guess the week wasn't so slow after all Smiley

Another test client release (v0.2)

So, things are slowly starting to shape. This is not how it will look, but navigation will probably be similar.

Please download and test it:

https://simcoin.info/simcoin_v02.zip

Mostly, I'd like to test the on-screen keyboard and make sure it works correctly in different IE versions. If you also know any of the languages it currently supports, please make sure everything is correct.

You can also test the "data_folder" INI option if you have time.

---

That is all for this week.

Simcoin Developer
May 04, 2014, 06:07:35 AM
As far as I remember you needed something to automate Nxt deposits and secure them and CfB couldn't provide you with that. I might be wrong since I'm neither programmer nor native English speaker.

Ah, that. Well, now I can fix everything I was so upset about in NXT Wink

Go, Simcoin!
legendary
May 04, 2014, 06:03:02 AM
you were really pissed about something when you were working on your own exchange Smiley

Either your English or your memory fails you.

If I ever was pissed about something it was when I had to leave NXT community, not when I was working on my exchange.

As far as I remember you needed something to automate Nxt deposits and secure them and CfB couldn't provide you with that. I might be wrong since I'm neither programmer nor native English speaker.
Simcoin Developer
May 04, 2014, 03:26:23 AM
you were really pissed about something when you were working on your own exchange Smiley

Either your English or your memory fails you.

If I ever was pissed about something it was when I had to leave NXT community, not when I was working on my exchange.
legendary
May 04, 2014, 12:28:19 AM
I remember you by Nxt thread, you were really pissed about something when you were working on your own exchange Smiley You definitely got my trust. I hope it won't be to late to invest a couple of weeks from now.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
May 03, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
I'm gonna invest in this!! I like your ideas.

Thank you Cheesy

Invested!! My deposit is shown in the simcoin.info website, but it doesn't have any confirmations yet.

When/where can I see my SIM balance?

EDIT: ok, i see it under HOME page Smiley

I invested again. It's nice that the webpage shows the transaction immediately!!  Cool
Simcoin Developer
May 03, 2014, 12:17:46 PM

Thank you Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
May 03, 2014, 12:14:22 PM
Activity: 155
May 03, 2014, 04:13:51 AM
man, u started it lol
Come on, enough of that Smiley

There are almost 150 investors, each can say that, so it's 150 posts of useless noise.
Simcoin Developer
May 03, 2014, 03:58:28 AM
Come on, enough of that Smiley

There are almost 150 investors, each can say that, so it's 150 posts of useless noise.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
May 03, 2014, 03:56:40 AM
3 Cheesy
I hope you will not disappoint those who invested and believed in you

That makes two of us Smiley
Count us four Smiley Trusting is a really hard thing to achieve nowadays !
BR,
Gondel
Activity: 155
May 03, 2014, 03:52:03 AM
3 Cheesy
I hope you will not disappoint those who invested and believed in you

That makes two of us Smiley
Simcoin Developer
May 02, 2014, 01:44:21 PM