Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 59. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 08:43:04 AM
It's a question of getting less, people have calculated their investment without realising that the IPO is, essentially, open-ended. Ok, fair enough.

How is it my or other investors fault? It was said so right from the start!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
April 25, 2014, 08:31:48 AM
Your arguments also make little sense.

Your proposal makes little sense too.

I see absolutely no reason why you should be entitled to more.

It's a question of getting less, people have calculated their investment without realising that the IPO is, essentially, open-ended. Ok, fair enough.

Thankyou for helping me with my decision.
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 08:30:46 AM
Your arguments also make little sense.

Your proposal makes little sense too.

I see absolutely no reason why you should be entitled to more.
April 25, 2014, 08:17:08 AM
Perhaps now is the time to reconsider the IPO, with this and other news in the near future, people investing today can risk their money with significantly more confidence than those who invested a week ago. I'm not suggesting to close the IPO, but the reward should be looked at.

So you honestly think that one week advance entitles you to more? For what?

Yes, you might perceive the risk to be lower now, but nobody forced you to invest a week earlier, you could have waited till now, that's what I was recommending anyway - invest small and gradually increase as you see things develop.

Also keep in mind, that you have invested during the safe period, where you knew the IPO won't be closed.

Now people have to gamble every day.

Hmmmmmm.........

One week ago there was nothing other than your post here, today there is actually some software. That's a big step, as evidenced by the sudden rash of investment since you released the test software.

To be honest, I'm not that impressed with your reply, it's quite defensive - I made a simple, polite proposal - that is all. Your arguments also make little sense and it is quite normal for IPOs to be operated in stages.
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 07:54:23 AM
Perhaps now is the time to reconsider the IPO, with this and other news in the near future, people investing today can risk their money with significantly more confidence than those who invested a week ago. I'm not suggesting to close the IPO, but the reward should be looked at.

So you honestly think that one week advance entitles you to more? For what?

Yes, you might perceive the risk to be lower now, but nobody forced you to invest a week earlier, you could have waited till now, that's what I was recommending anyway - invest small and gradually increase as you see things develop.

Also keep in mind, that you have invested during the safe period, where you knew the IPO won't be closed.

Now people have to gamble every day.
April 25, 2014, 07:48:31 AM
So, for the client I've decided to use an embedded browser instead of native interface.

This approach has many advantages:

• easy to program
  • dynamic interface, much more flexible than native
  • easily skinnable and can be made to look pretty
  • clear separation of UI code and core functions
  • portable: html/js code is cross-platform
  • looks the same on all platforms
  • native hyperlinking, useful for the built-in "blockchain explorer"
  • localization is much easier

I considered embedding Google Chrome or Firefox, but they are huge - tens of megabytes!

So for Windows client I've decided to go with IE. Yes, it's not particularly fast or smart, but it does the job and is included in every version of Windows, so the client will be small.

Currently, the exe file is just 86 Kb and the icon takes 32 of them Smiley

So here's a test version:

https://simcoin.info/simcoin_v01.zip

please run it and tell me if everything is Ok.

The logo is a transparent PNG, it shouldn't have any white borders (unless you are still using IE6 Smiley ).

Click on buttons. The last one sends a packet to simcoin.info server and waits for reply. This is to test firewalls and other networking issues.

Activity: 464
Merit: 260
April 25, 2014, 07:39:22 AM
The test browser worked fine on my Windows 7 laptop.
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 05:15:20 AM
[2014-05-25 09:11:51.723][ ] o: 5 bytes to 81.17.19.136:7811
[2014-05-25 09:11:51.882][ ] 25,33,59 vs 25,33,59
[2014-05-25 09:11:51.882][ ] i: 5 bytes from 81.17.19.136:7811

Thanks. Seems to be working.
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 05:03:38 AM
So, for the client I've decided to use an embedded browser instead of native interface.

This approach has many advantages:

• easy to program
  • dynamic interface, much more flexible than native
  • easily skinnable and can be made to look pretty
  • clear separation of UI code and core functions
  • portable: html/js code is cross-platform
  • looks the same on all platforms
  • native hyperlinking, useful for the built-in "blockchain explorer"
  • localization is much easier

I considered embedding Google Chrome or Firefox, but they are huge - tens of megabytes!

So for Windows client I've decided to go with IE. Yes, it's not particularly fast or smart, but it does the job and is included in every version of Windows, so the client will be small.

Currently, the exe file is just 86 Kb and the icon takes 32 of them Smiley

So here's a test version:

https://simcoin.info/simcoin_v01.zip

please run it and tell me if everything is Ok.

The logo is a transparent PNG, it shouldn't have any white borders (unless you are still using IE6 Smiley ).

Click on buttons. The last one sends a packet to simcoin.info server and waits for reply. This is to test firewalls and other networking issues.
Simcoin Developer
April 25, 2014, 03:57:40 AM
I remember Linus Torvalds said on August 25, 1991:
“I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since april, and is starting to get ready”,

Because NxtChg is an absolutist!    Wink Cheesy Grin

Serious answer:  Because NxtChg is absolute.

Embarrassed
Activity: 574
April 24, 2014, 11:30:45 PM
why too many people look forward the project?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 24, 2014, 08:56:54 PM
I remember Linus Torvalds said on August 25, 1991:
“I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since april, and is starting to get ready”,

Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 05:03:26 PM
Started a high-level to-do list:

https://simcoin.info/wiki/Features
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 11:17:12 AM
Thinking about the simple characteristic of this coin, do you think it could be possible to make a one click install client from the beginning and add an auto-update button so there won't be a need to uninstall and reinstall clients as things progress?

Of course, this goes without saying.

Great. Can't wait to see the client and find out more details about everything.

Jeepers - if you do that, you'll have a real leg up on virtually all the cryptos out there. I'm glad I got in. Smiley
Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 10:33:09 AM

Don't get your hopes up - it won't be soon. The first client will be an ugly test client for Test Net, probably with just 10 recent transactions and a "Send Money" button. The real client will come later.
Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
April 24, 2014, 09:27:43 AM
Thinking about the simple characteristic of this coin, do you think it could be possible to make a one click install client from the beginning and add an auto-update button so there won't be a need to uninstall and reinstall clients as things progress?

Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 08:16:45 AM

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.
April 24, 2014, 07:44:26 AM
Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 07:09:42 AM
Edit:  I can't wait until some troll says it's Photoshopped!    Grin

Well, in a sense, it was - spent 2 hours on that icon Smiley
Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 06:14:08 AM
Pages:
Jump to: