Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SIM] Simcoin - A Simple Coin - page 60. (Read 157733 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 04:18:41 AM
Well, it seems IPO dries out by itself - in the last 2 days there were no deposits from new investors, only old ones increasing their stake...
Simcoin Developer
April 24, 2014, 03:56:43 AM
How is the general progress of the coin? Any date?

Guys, you have to be more patient.

I know you got used to other coins' quick "results", but building a coin from scratch is not the same as copying Bitcoin source code and replacing the name and app's icon.

It takes time to be thorough.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 24, 2014, 03:25:12 AM
Now, I don't mean you personally, but in general people are hypocrites: when they miss an IPO they scream bloody "unfair distribution" and "premature closure", but when it's their money on the line - "to hell with fairness, close it down now!!!"

P.S. If it sounds like an angry post, it's not Grin  I don't have any negative emotions at the moment. I did a day's worth of good work and I am happy Kiss

I really appreciated the "soft" deadline for the IPO. Now no one can complain the IPO wasn't long enough, because they can still invest today.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
April 24, 2014, 02:47:38 AM
How is the general progress of the coin? Any date?
legendary
Activity: 924
April 23, 2014, 06:16:52 PM
Now, I don't mean you personally, but in general people are hypocrites: when they miss an IPO they scream bloody "unfair distribution" and "premature closure", but when it's their money on the line - "to hell with fairness, close it down now!!!"

Just think...if ye'd a'said that three weeks earlier, you could credit yourself for predicting why the "free and fair" fad would turn into the trollstorm fustercluck I'm living through now. Grin Grin
Simcoin Developer
April 23, 2014, 06:01:34 PM
Bye the way, today (April 23) is exactly 1 month since I've started writing first code for Simcoin Smiley
Simcoin Developer
April 23, 2014, 05:37:04 PM
...who got into crypto at the end of 2013...

Actually, I was here on and off since the time Satoshi was still around, but, of course, can't prove it without revealing my previous account Smiley

and has admittedly never tried to write cryptocoin code before

How many people in the world at this point can claim they wrote a cryptocoin before?

yet claims to write one from scratch that solves problems that very smart people have tried and failed to solve for a long time.

It never ceases to amaze me how folks seem to be so confident that "very smart" people are little green aliens living on Mars and a random stranger on the Internet can't possibly be one...

but there is NOTHING that would stop you from sending coins back to your own IPO to show interest and a good "distribution" and dilute real investors

You can watch my main wallet, can't you? Or do you think I had 80 BTC laying around to spend on pretending? I would be sailing my boat instead then...

I encourage you to keep investors in mind and not bank IPO profits that are out of proportion to your potential to deliver something of value in a very crowded space.

I keep in mind those investors, who would miss the chance to get a nice ROI if I closed the IPO early.

----

P.S. If it sounds like an angry post, it's not Grin  I don't have any negative emotions at the moment. I did a day's worth of good work and I am happy Kiss

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 23, 2014, 05:09:04 PM

I gotta say, people seem a little crazy considering this already has a $100k market cap based on the promise of an anonymous person who got into crypto at the end of 2013 and has admittedly never tried to write cryptocoin code before, and yet claims to write one from scratch that solves problems that very smart people have tried and failed to solve for a long time.

BTW, I trust you NxtChg, but there is NOTHING that would stop you from sending coins back to your own IPO to show interest and a good "distribution" and dilute real investors; There would be no way for anyone to ever find out about it or know.

It confirms in one second?  How do I trust the server that confirmed it?

I totally agree with you about a lot of problems with NXT and others had similar concerns, but I can't say I expect an ROI on this, but who knows?

I encourage you to keep investors in mind and not bank IPO profits that are out of proportion to your potential to deliver something of value in a very crowded space.
Simcoin Developer
April 23, 2014, 09:31:15 AM
It is weapon (like the coin) and round - we will be hoplites!
In modern Greek hoplon means weapon...

Google gave me this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplon

Shield is good, it's indeed round and promotes security. Weapon, not so much...
legendary
Activity: 1498
April 23, 2014, 09:08:34 AM
hoplon

Now that's thinking outside the box Smiley

Had to google it...
It is weapon (like the coin) and round - we will be hoplites!
In modern Greek hoplon means weapon...
Simcoin Developer
April 23, 2014, 09:01:51 AM
hoplon

Now that's thinking outside the box Smiley

Had to google it...
legendary
Activity: 1498
April 23, 2014, 08:52:53 AM
hoplon
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
April 23, 2014, 08:39:45 AM
KOIN
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
April 23, 2014, 02:16:54 AM
TheCoin (COIN)
MachCoin (MACH)
Activity: 17
April 23, 2014, 01:54:48 AM
flashcoin
legendary
Activity: 1148
April 22, 2014, 10:35:34 PM
supercoin
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 22, 2014, 09:31:16 PM
elemental
Activity: 18
April 22, 2014, 09:26:39 PM
Three-S-coin  SSS or 3S (Simple, Secure, Speed)

EZ coin (Easy)

Basic Coin?

Simcoin Developer
April 22, 2014, 01:54:41 PM
Three-S-coin  SSS or 3S (Simple, Secure, Speed)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100
April 22, 2014, 12:05:20 PM
Three-S-coin  SSS or 3S (Simple, Secure, Speed)

Core Coin (CC)

Nuclear Coin (NUKE)
Pages:
Jump to: