Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 102. (Read 466802 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Listening to the podcast just posted on twitter #solarcoin.

Solar Empire Podcast Episode 1

https://t.co/bF1yHLJxwS
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Good time for the community to check there antivirus programs and firewall settings. As solarcoins go up in value so does the threat of thiefs.

There was one guy in the beginning that got his SLR stolen.  It was from a guy named Renato Mirkovic that was selling SLR before it got on an exchange.  Anyone who crosses this guys should stay far away!!!
No news on poloniex yet about slr being added Undecided

Yea looks like SLR is suffering because of the delay.  I guess it takes time to code it into the exchange.

Edit: Looks like ALT's across the board are down today.. I think SLR is just following the trend because of the Bitcoin price hike

And this doesn't help.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dao-hacked-ethereum-crashing-in-value-tens-of-millions-allegedly-stolen-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

Yes that's probably the same reason. But SLR is not ETH :p

Yea but as of right now SLR is an ALT and pretty much will follow the pattern's of the big players.  Man that is not good about the DAO.  I had such high hopes!!!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Good time for the community to check there antivirus programs and firewall settings. As solarcoins go up in value so does the threat of thiefs.
Activity: 445

Yea looks like SLR is suffering because of the delay.  I guess it takes time to code it into the exchange.

Edit: Looks like ALT's across the board are down today.. I think SLR is just following the trend because of the Bitcoin price hike

And this doesn't help.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dao-hacked-ethereum-crashing-in-value-tens-of-millions-allegedly-stolen-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

Yes that's probably the same reason. But SLR is not ETH :p
legendary

And this doesn't help.

legendary
No news on poloniex yet about slr being added Undecided
Activity: 445

You can drop us in anywhere on the planet and we will build an internet connected SolarCoin node within a few hours depending on local conditions. We also don't need electricity. It is Solar Powered. (A lot of cool local support is necessary though like we had from Scalextrix)

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Truly the guys you want on your side. Its like a mix of a sun powered McGyver and the Solar A-Team. Smiley

+1! Solarcoin team makes me feel like I can sit on my solarcoin for some more years without any issue (which, in cryptokingdom, is fucking damn rare!!)

I think Thats one of the very special things about Solarcoin. I believe most community members feel the same way. Its amazing to see such a small project grow in so many different ways. When I first looked into solarcoin in 2014 I remember telling myself I would keep most of my coins as a 5 Year investment! Can't wait for the next two years  Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

You can drop us in anywhere on the planet and we will build an internet connected SolarCoin node within a few hours depending on local conditions. We also don't need electricity. It is Solar Powered. (A lot of cool local support is necessary though like we had from Scalextrix)

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Truly the guys you want on your side. Its like a mix of a sun powered McGyver and the Solar A-Team. Smiley

+1! Solarcoin team makes me feel like I can sit on my solarcoin for some more years without any issue (which, in cryptokingdom, is fucking damn rare!!)
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

I know it is super embarrassing (of all photos!), they took a photo of me doing work and I had no idea there was a journalist there!

Man, that's a great photo. Luke Floorwalker! Man of action! Smiley

Thanks Corather! Without your help and awesome coding skills we wouldn't have got there!
Cheers,
lfloorwalker

Aww shucks. Smiley I do what I can.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

I know it is super embarrassing (of all photos!), they took a photo of me doing work and I had no idea there was a journalist there!

Man, that's a great photo. Luke Floorwalker! Man of action! Smiley

Thanks Corather! Without your help and awesome coding skills we wouldn't have got there!
Cheers,
lfloorwalker
solcrypto.com
What i like the most is the paperboard Smiley

We were only in England a few hours, went into a hardware store, bought the huge 1.68m x 0.6m board (with SolarCoin converted to Bitcoin charging a Mastercard) and took it down to the facility and immediately built it. Funny story.
Also our hotel "lost" a 22kg lead-acid battery that was delivered to it. I ended up going behind reception myself and pointing to the battery that they had "lost".

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
solcrypto.com

We were only in England a few hours, went into a hardware store, bought the huge 1.68m x 0.6m board (with SolarCoin converted to Bitcoin charging a Mastercard) and took it down to the facility and immediately built it. Funny story.
Also our hotel "lost" a 22kg lead-acid battery that was delivered to it. I ended up going behind reception myself and pointing to the battery that they had "lost".
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I am curious to know how this happened, is it solarangel ? what was the approach ? is there any lessons learned ? how long did the granting process take ? What was the document asked as a proof of production ? thks

The SolarCoin Foundation performed the following Enhanced Due Diligence for one business week verifying the large South African facility:
1) Google maps visibility confirmation
2) Third party confirmation of facility and claimant - http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Major-boost-for-solar-energy-20151005
3) Review of Independent Engineer Commissioning Report
4) Review of Monitoring Portal data showing actual total electricity produced (as well as total irradiance) since the system was connected to the grid
5) Review of Official yield report, showing the realism of the actual generation profile in relation to the simulated results
6) Comparison of actual metered electricity generated to an estimate based on 20% capacity factor for South Africa
7) Affiliate Skype conversation with claimant
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I am curious to know how this happened, is it solarangel ? what was the approach ? is there any lessons learned ? how long did the granting process take ? What was the document asked as a proof of production ? thks
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
legendary

Awesome and it also looks like they are staking i see 2 nodes in that area!
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Jump to: