Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 160. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Well said! Daniobg

Agreed however potential volatility is still too high here, & even though people can claim it will still take a LONG TIME for coin distribution to even out among the public ... the average claimant will get like 5 SLR/yr max, they wont be catching up to even a 5k wallet in their lifetimes, so we know it will take a HUGE amount of claimants to wash out (and add real energy-based value) to all these mined coins since we see many wallets that number well over 100k SLR

BTC is a good parallel, but it is a billion dollar market we don't have so it can correct those issues.. we are trying to get people to see SLR as legitimate first & IMO so long as you have such huge whales there will be issues with people taking this coin seriously from an investment perspective since all it takes is literally ONE person to wake up and hit a sell button to crash the market dramatically..

Even if you could stake, the temptations if an instant pay-day are too great for some  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
the price is 100% controlled by less than 50 people at this point.

Well what about Bitcoin? Satoshi has 1 000 000 of them and many of the other early adopters have enough to make a big drop and play with the market and it is happening right NOW if you pay attention on the Coinmarketcap and the bitcoin market is HUGE comparing to ours.
Solarcoins had a fair launch at the beginning so I don't see the problem here. The beauty of the solarcoins is that they must be CLAIMED and the total solarcoins that people like me and others have around the world at the moment is less than 1% of the total amount of coins that will ever exist. In every coin there are big whales, but here if the IDEA of the coin and the POS system works exactly like it is supposed to be, I don't think someone will be that stupid to sell off just like that, because he can easily make money only from STAKING. Lets say that at some point the price of 1 Solarcoin go over 10$ - a person with a fair amount of coins can make 50$ or more a day and every other day just by staking his coins and do nothing. Even then if someone of those 50 people that you mentioned decides to sell out and make a big buck, he will probably sell ~0.1% of the total number of the coins that will ever exist, so even then, he WONT make a big difference since by that time, many new people will be interested in the coins and the market will expand, just like the bitcoin one did. Speculations will always be a part of our market or even ANY market in the world - it is just how it is and no one can change it.
SO my advice is - BUY THEM WHILE THEY ARE CHEAP Smiley
legendary
The coin launch was fair. Did you want them to also buy you a mining rig?
I love whales in real life, but we need to kill them all in the SLR world because there are still WAY too many (and they are WAY too big)... until that happens don't expect myself or any other investor to put much time, money, ect into this since the price is 100% controlled by less than 50 people at this point.

This scares a lot of people off who would otherwise be here had this been a fairly distributed coin from day 1.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-giant-btcc-donates-100-full-nodes-help-maintain-network-1534926

Now that we know the Intel PC sticks do the job with a staking SolarCoin wallet, we could be doing this, too. Why not incentivize new claimants with a ready-to-go (let's say) 1000 SLR wallet on a Win8.1 PC stick?

SLR has to be earned. Over the long run we'll see more people supporting the chain.

Yes!
Prospect claimants' attention has to be earned, too. That's our job right now.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Hmm, only 197k SLR available on Bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-giant-btcc-donates-100-full-nodes-help-maintain-network-1534926

Now that we know the Intel PC sticks do the job with a staking SolarCoin wallet, we could be doing this, too. Why not incentivize new claimants with a ready-to-go (let's say) 1000 SLR wallet on a Win8.1 PC stick?

SLR has to be earned. Over the long run we'll see more people supporting the chain.

legendary
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
At the moment ~ 7000$ buy investment in the coin will send us to the moon literally - we will get to the top 10 at coinmarketcap and from there more people interested in the coin and the idea behind it = more people will buy for sure, and if those of us (~300 people) which have big amounts of the coin are not greedy enough to dump them, but instead sell some buy some to make the price stable and if all of that happens in 2016 when the bitcoin block reward will go from 25 Bitcoins per block to 12.5 Bitcoins per block...well gentleman, I think the next step will be - from the moon to the SUN. Happy holidays everyone Smiley
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
I love how I covered all my shorts just in time.
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

BitCoin prices fell so no real pump that I can see. Price is about the same compared to BitCoin. That wall will get gobbled up easy if BitCoin prices drop to $380. When the price of BitCoin goes up selling occurs when it goes down buying happens. A pendulum effect.

can you still not see the pump? Bitcoin is rising and so is solarcoin Wink this pump has been going of for like two weeks now and im starting to like where it's headed

Yeah anyone holding a ton of SolarCoin can pump the price up so I would be very careful...

Yeah obviously. But it's still nice to see some movement Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Merry Christmas everyone.
Hope the holidays go well and we see more good progress for 2016 in Solarcoin. It has been fun to watch so far.
Activity: 493
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

BitCoin prices fell so no real pump that I can see. Price is about the same compared to BitCoin. That wall will get gobbled up easy if BitCoin prices drop to $380. When the price of BitCoin goes up selling occurs when it goes down buying happens. A pendulum effect.

can you still not see the pump? Bitcoin is rising and so is solarcoin Wink this pump has been going of for like two weeks now and im starting to like where it's headed

Yeah anyone holding a ton of SolarCoin can pump the price up so I would be very careful...

You would also need a Ton of BitCoin to prevent a big dump.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

More than 3 weeks, more than 600K SLR "taken out"... now actively staking. Cheers  Wink

Haha good job! I knew it was you haha who pumped. I assume you bought back with the bitcoins I gave you when we traded slr for 0.00003580  Cheesy

Now remove the rest of your sell orders and we will start to see some proper movement upwards  Wink

Sell orders is what I haven't had or put for quite some time now...
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

More than 3 weeks, more than 600K SLR "taken out"... now actively staking. Cheers  Wink

Haha good job! I knew it was you haha who pumped. I assume you bought back with the bitcoins I gave you when we traded slr for 0.00003580  Cheesy

Now remove the rest of your sell orders and we will start to see some proper movement upwards  Wink

http://solarcoin.org/en/news/

A little bright news for the northern hemisphere which is seeing the darkest day of the year Dec 21. Today.

The SolarCoin foundation has entered into a formal memorandum of understanding with Solcrypto and Global SolarChange to aid in the support and facilitation of generator claims.

The teams at Solcrypto and Global SolarChange will have exclusive rights to process retail, commercial and residential SolarCoin claims in Asia, Europe, North and South America.

What this means for claimants:

Global SolarChange and SolCrypto are developing automated systems for integrating directly with the SolarCoin generator pool granting process.  For new claimants this should mean faster claims, a web-hosted account with online log-in and in the future mobile access to your SolarCoins.

For existing claimants who are receiving § SolarCoin you will still get your grants, we are just transferring part of the back-end verification process to the party representing your respective geography.

The new affiliate program will mean a stronger registration platform, more localized language and the development of sub-affiliates who can white label or share the new platform technologies built out.

When will this happen

These development programs are under way and more information will be forthcoming in the weeks and months ahead from SolarCoin.org and Global SolarChange and Solcrypto.

In the meantime if you or someone you know is interested in setting up a claims processing business, enrolling claimants and developers in the SolarCoin program for a specific country or region, don't hesitate to contact us and we will direct you to the correct affiliate.

excellent news, please keep up the good work as the claims process is SO important I feel it is the main driver that could hold the coin back at this point so I am happy to read this

happy holidays to all and keep it sunny.. make sure you invest in solar in 2016... PV or otherwise!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Jump to: