Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 161. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
I've been doing some work here trying to find the best configuration for staking, and I think I found it. You have to open ports 18188, 18181, and 9050 TCP only. If you can do that through your router and computer firewall, your connections should grow into the 30's.

I just forwarded the ports like you said. I used to have around 7-8 connections and now I have 9.
Any chance I did something wrong? Something must have happened because I never saw more than 8 before

No, you did it right. It takes hours to build more connections. I have 29 at the moment. I've seen it as high as 34.

Alright thx Smiley I have 11 now

12 hours later and Im still left with 11 connections? Any ideas why im not getting any more?

Im at 14 now. I guess i'm just too impatient. looks like its working just fine. Hopefully I will have above 25 by tomorrow evening
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
If someone want a bunch of working nodes for speed up sync :

ddnode=101.166.132.150
addnode=106.188.11.78
addnode=108.13.95.67
addnode=109.93.136.79
addnode=118.209.123.199
addnode=118.211.19.205
addnode=118.211.71.121
addnode=121.45.149.80
addnode=121.99.234.213
addnode=122.150.161.233
addnode=124.169.171.245
addnode=124.169.190.159
addnode=124.169.191.51
addnode=141.239.204.197
addnode=142.162.165.252
addnode=146.185.168.142
addnode=162.243.214.120
addnode=174.57.197.124
addnode=174.57.202.216
addnode=176.215.230.231
addnode=188.165.2.147
addnode=188.23.185.105
addnode=190.152.179.167
addnode=191.235.213.193
addnode=197.53.22.225
addnode=2.31.128.152
addnode=213.91.205.134
addnode=221.149.128.187
addnode=222.237.39.100
addnode=24.184.117.70
addnode=31.185.238.14

Guys really love this coin,, i wish 2016 will be the grat year of so nice project
I've been doing some work here trying to find the best configuration for staking, and I think I found it. You have to open ports 18188, 18181, and 9050 TCP only. If you can do that through your router and computer firewall, your connections should grow into the 30's.

I just forwarded the ports like you said. I used to have around 7-8 connections and now I have 9.
Any chance I did something wrong? Something must have happened because I never saw more than 8 before

No, you did it right. It takes hours to build more connections. I have 29 at the moment. I've seen it as high as 34.

12 hours later and Im still left with 11 connections? Any ideas why im not getting any more?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org
Does more nodes equal better chance of more blocks staked?

That I can't say, but I can say it does help secure the blockchain by increasing the bandwidth needed to download blocks in a timely manner.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Does more nodes equal better chance of more blocks staked?
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

Yes Adam was talking about Solarcoin in that article, by what it seems he is going to Shenzen to build a IoT solarcoin node. Reading between the lines...
Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hey,

I downloaded the latest wallet from the Solarcoin website and installed. I left it to catch up on loading the block chain when it got to something like block 780000 and stopped there. My wallet also said it had 17000 coins staking. I left it over night and in the morning it was in the exact same position. So I reloaded the blockchain, my wallet now seems up to date and says it's staking, but I'm missing 17k coins. Does anyone know whats going on? or if I will get these back? do I need to load an older backup again?

Cheers

Edit - ok cancel that I rescanned the wallet and they are now showing up, not sure what happened but seems ok now.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Inverter partners.

Our affiliates are interested in talking with inverter partners.  Anyone know any of these groups or contacts via linkedin etc.

http://www.enfsolar.com/directory/component/inverter

send me a PM.  The idea is speak with inverter partners about API's etc. for direct granting/reporting and monitoring.  Other conversations will be going on in the new year, but smaller companies may be interested in offering a "send to SLR blockchain option in their firmware/software offerings"

Nick
I love how I covered all my shorts just in time.
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

BitCoin prices fell so no real pump that I can see. Price is about the same compared to BitCoin. That wall will get gobbled up easy if BitCoin prices drop to $380. When the price of BitCoin goes up selling occurs when it goes down buying happens. A pendulum effect.

Thats true the USD price is about the same. however someone is buyung up all of the coins. you can chek it out on the block explorer. There is someone out there that now owns 1.5 Million SLR. This address used to hold 1.3 Million like a week ago...
And the 5 BTC order that was at the very bottom of the orderbook moved up all the way to the top. So someone is seriously accumulating a lot of Solarcoins and pumping the price by doing so.

edit: and I have my suspitions when it comes to who is doing this haha

Yeah it is easy to do, anyone can pump a coin. 2 Bittrex accounts open on the same computer even. Use your BitCoin on one account to buy and if you happen to own a bunch of the coin on the Sell side it is a freebie upswing depending on how many positions are in your way. Just the trade fees is all that is paid. If you own enough of the coin you can stabilize the price higher and wait for buys to come up to meet your new price.

Same goes for BitCoin, do you really think someone paid $1200 for a BitCoin lol. They owned the coin they bought.

I am trying to devise a new system for Crypto to stabilize the Digital Assets from further degradation.

You don't even need two bittrex accounts. You can just buy your own sell orders on the same account. Of course some people actually spent over 1000 $ to get Bitcoins back in december 2013. There are bitcoin users who don't care how much one coin is worth. For example for remittances. Will the average consumer really care if he converts say 1000$ into bitcoin and then back into another currency. In this case it doesnt matter if your 1000$ will get you 5 bitcoins or 0.05. I guess what you are trying to say there are probably few serious investors that invested in bitcoin when it was over 1000$. But the hype was very real. The problem is you need to be a way bigger fish to move bitcoin like this.... Solarcoin's scarcity really reflects itself in the price!

In the end it's just simple supply and demand.

Get used to the volatility, I'm afraid we won't se a stable solarcoin price for years... Just start cashing out when you have a decent profit and buy back. I started with 60k and now I have waaay more than that :p
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

BitCoin prices fell so no real pump that I can see. Price is about the same compared to BitCoin. That wall will get gobbled up easy if BitCoin prices drop to $380. When the price of BitCoin goes up selling occurs when it goes down buying happens. A pendulum effect.

Thats true the USD price is about the same. however someone is buyung up all of the coins. you can chek it out on the block explorer. There is someone out there that now owns 1.5 Million SLR. This address used to hold 1.3 Million like a week ago...
And the 5 BTC order that was at the very bottom of the orderbook moved up all the way to the top. So someone is seriously accumulating a lot of Solarcoins and pumping the price by doing so.

Yeah it is easy to do, anyone can pump a coin. 2 Bittrex accounts open on the same computer even. Use your BitCoin on one account to buy and if you happen to own a bunch of the coin on the Sell side it is a freebie upswing depending on how many positions are in your way. Just the trade fees is all that is paid. If you own enough of the coin you can stabilize the price higher and wait for buys to come up to meet your new price.

Same goes for BitCoin, do you really think someone paid $1200 for a BitCoin lol. They owned the coin they bought.

I am trying to devise a new system for Crypto to stabilize the Digital Assets from further degradation.

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

Buckle up your seatlbelts because it looks like solarcoin is getting pumped. To the sun  Grin

Thank you for doing the research necessary to figure this out. I will try this tonight when I get home
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Hi all I managed to get the wallet installed on Lubuntu, but Im having a problem I cant find where its installed.
I looked in usr/share/applications/ where all the other programs are but Solarcoin isnt there, does anyone know where it is?
Asked on the ubuntu help and they said the wallet errored when installing, is there any technical support?

I tried getting the wallet on Ubuntu however I gave up after a few days of trying to get it right. If you have a large stake I would recommend buying one of those intel PC sticks.

It consumes around 3 watts and its just incredible!
I had to give the device a static IP address so that it wont disconnect all the time.
As of now it works like it's supposed to. Have had this for 2 weeks now and i'm amazed

are those intel sticks running on windows 10?

Nope mine is running windows 8. You can get it with windows 10 but I recommend buying the cheaper one with windows 8 Wink

That is the best news. I prefer windows 8 anyway due to the possible back doors on security for windows 10.
Jump to: