Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 157. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I bet other coins cant say that about there founders.

Yes, I also read the book "The Nature of Value" last year and it allowed to me think very differently about situations, investments, and generally about the current world we live in. It's all linking back to the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the system panarchy that we live in. This is something that I had been considering and debating in my mind for about 10 years after studying physics in the 3rd year of engineering and then having arguments with my economics lecturers (they were doing hand waving and didn't prove concepts that they were trying to teach from a mathematical background, I had to drop out of a masters in economics and went on to pursue engineering again). The book gave me needed extra inputs along with some other situations to see it more clearly.  Solarcoin isn't mentioned specifically in the book but you can kind of see how it has progressed. Kind of like a tool set if you will. Excellent book and I highly recommend it. It all made sense and things came together.

Solarcoin and other digital assets are a big thing that we are onto, because we are bringing together individuals across the planet so elegantly through trustless mathematics. These new flows that will be created will change the very fabric of modern civilization for the better.

-lfloorwalker

It's all about relationships. The nature of value is just that. Value derives through networking, building relationships, and incorporating useful functions within the ecosystem. This promotes strength and resilience.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

Yes, I also read the book "The Nature of Value" last year and it allowed to me think very differently about situations, investments, and generally about the current world we live in. It's all linking back to the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the system panarchy that we live in. This is something that I had been considering and debating in my mind for about 10 years after studying physics in the 3rd year of engineering and then having arguments with my economics lecturers (they were doing hand waving and didn't prove concepts that they were trying to teach from a mathematical background, I had to drop out of a masters in economics and went on to pursue engineering again). The book gave me needed extra inputs along with some other situations to see it more clearly.  Solarcoin isn't mentioned specifically in the book but you can kind of see how it has progressed. Kind of like a tool set if you will. Excellent book and I highly recommend it. It all made sense and things came together.

Solarcoin and other digital assets are a big thing that we are onto, because we are bringing together individuals across the planet so elegantly through trustless mathematics. These new flows that will be created will change the very fabric of modern civilization for the better.

-lfloorwalker
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
On a side note.. does anyone have anything to say on the influence of solar power (PV) in other alt coins as the years progress from here on?

Will economics naturally dictate all computing-machines move to solar power without need for regulation?

Will other alt coins implement an SLR-like algorithm in the future if wanting to go green in a PV sense?

Just thoughts Smiley

I don't think alt coins care most are pump and dump or scams anyways. But mostly No since greed is always one letter away from being green.

Not sure what you mean by computing machines without the need for regulation.

I will make a coin that has a better effect than SLR and may use PoST too, so I may be the only exception. I would make the coin for use not for profit though or mild profit to offset fees. I am starting to create the concept right now. I offered the base concept to SolarCoin but most holders of SLR would only get a pass through effect and there are many holders in SLR waiting for the price to go up and sell.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
On a side note.. does anyone have anything to say on the influence of solar power (PV) in other alt coins as the years progress from here on?

Will economics naturally dictate all computing-machines move to solar power without need for regulation?

Will other alt coins implement an SLR-like algorithm in the future if wanting to go green in a PV sense?

Just thoughts Smiley
Activity: 82
long-term is all you really can be as an investor in this coin regardless of what the price does..... not enough volume or coin holders to generate demand yet so lets hope others entering the space will buy up the coins whales are selling.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
here is a good paper on financial transaction consensus based systems. It is a meta look resolving problems of "truth" in transactions.  Pretty cool read for understanding Blockchain tech in a larger context of problems and solutions. http://www.ofnumbers.com/2015/04/06/consensus-as-a-service-a-brief-report-on-the-emergence-of-permissioned-distributed-ledger-systems/

For those interested: the teams are looking out for applications involving solarcoin's blockchain TX message capability to carry more solar and renewable energy info in addition to "currency" in the TX field.  Think of it as "proof of generation" using a proof of existence type approach using industry standard reporting specs. https://www.proofofexistence.com/

the SolarCoin team believes Inverters are a logical addition to the internet of things.  Sun hits panels>Inverter registers generation>API TX put onto SLR blockchain.  On the other side an Affiliate or Foundation API SolarCoin explorer scans TX messages for API verified messages and releases SolarCoins to SLR address associated with inverter. Assumption is this will scale in near real time and provide a potential global record of insolation/conversion ....there is of course a bit work to do to get there but steps are being taken.

If you know of someone in the inverter space, our affiliate teams would be happy to talk about partnerships and inverter certification/verification.

Good progress. keep it up.
I ordered your book ''The Nature of Value''.
Can't wait to read it!

Hope you enjoy the book. If you have questions about the thinking behind it feel free to ask me. I guest lecture on the innovation and macro-economic content at Columbia Universities Executive MBA program (cost $168k).  So "free" advice here is a pretty good deal.  Just FYI, I don't mention bitcoin or solarcoin in the book as they were later pieces of work. I do indicate the role of money and investing allocating across equity types.
legendary
hello,

can i mine solarcoin?

It is cheaper to buy it than it is to Claim it since you can't mine it now, but also would have been cheaper to buy than mine, but only after the initial 33Million were Mined at larger block rewards. SolarCoin now uses PoST Proof of Stake-Time. Claiming means you would have to buy Solar panels or own them and claim your 1MWh output. It is like Air Miles that you buy for a claimers flight into the light. PoST rewards are slim too, but if you are in for the long haul...
legendary
Activity: 132
hello,

can i mine solarcoin?
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

The prohashing article shows a perspective of what is happening inside BTC right now.
So, from my own conclusions, the innovation flow with spill over to Litecoin and transaction volume will increase there?
How does Solarcoin fit into this framework? What are others thoughts on this point?

Happy New Year to all,
Cheers,
lfloorwalker
Activity: 445
here is a good paper on financial transaction consensus based systems. It is a meta look resolving problems of "truth" in transactions.  Pretty cool read for understanding Blockchain tech in a larger context of problems and solutions. http://www.ofnumbers.com/2015/04/06/consensus-as-a-service-a-brief-report-on-the-emergence-of-permissioned-distributed-ledger-systems/

For those interested: the teams are looking out for applications involving solarcoin's blockchain TX message capability to carry more solar and renewable energy info in addition to "currency" in the TX field.  Think of it as "proof of generation" using a proof of existence type approach using industry standard reporting specs. https://www.proofofexistence.com/

the SolarCoin team believes Inverters are a logical addition to the internet of things.  Sun hits panels>Inverter registers generation>API TX put onto SLR blockchain.  On the other side an Affiliate or Foundation API SolarCoin explorer scans TX messages for API verified messages and releases SolarCoins to SLR address associated with inverter. Assumption is this will scale in near real time and provide a potential global record of insolation/conversion ....there is of course a bit work to do to get there but steps are being taken.

If you know of someone in the inverter space, our affiliate teams would be happy to talk about partnerships and inverter certification/verification.

Good progress. keep it up.
I ordered your book ''The Nature of Value''.
Can't wait to read it!
I believe there is a small bug in the wallet. When I try to send more than 100k Solarcoin to another address the wallet either crashes or just it gives me the message: Transaction cannot be broadcasted or something like that. Any chance we can get this fixed?
legendary
My vote is for Drip 2. This is the best route considering that my ideas won't be implemented.

After long debate and hours of consideration by the Devs, we agreed that my ideas in the end may have split the community and that was also my biggest concern. I don't want to create just another alt coin though (mine may be the last alt coin ever made though too). I really despise Alt Coins and Solar coin has the best message behind it so that was why I was so persistent.

The securities is the main concern with my idea though, but it is really a slippery slope since all holders of any Alt Coin can sell for BitCoin and then Trade for FIAT. Doing proof of work to make the coin seem more like BitCoin and the tightrope it tries to walk as if it were not a Security and also in violation of the Security Act, is just a charade.

So until I can make a more solid translation that can skirt the Security Act issue (rather than just Proof of Work) that every alt coin somehow does with impunity, I will hope for the success of SolarCoin.

SunSearly,
CryptoNick
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

legendary
The work going on with this coin is truly impressive.

I like drip 1

We are in on the ground floor people congrats.

Drip 1 does sound intriguing. It would more or less squash peoples fears about the premine since it wouldn't be there anymore, but then there's always people you can't please. Would it keep some people happy all of the time? Yes. That's really all you can ask for.

Drip 2 includes Drip 1, plus it will add the smart contract functionality - IMO this would allow building upon the base functionality and fine tuning on-the-go to meet any current and future specs and requirements of the Generator Pool Security Framework as presented in the layout.

Well that's even better. We're watching the evolution of crypto currency unfold. This is exciting. Smiley

Sounds good! Change my vote to Drip 2
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

I like drip 1

Drip 1 does sound intriguing. It would more or less squash peoples fears about the premine since it wouldn't be there anymore, but then there's always people you can't please. Would it keep some people happy all of the time? Yes. That's really all you can ask for.

Drip 2 includes Drip 1, plus it will add the smart contract functionality - IMO this would allow building upon the base functionality and fine tuning on-the-go to meet any current and future specs and requirements of the Generator Pool Security Framework as presented in the layout.

Well that's even better. We're watching the evolution of crypto currency unfold. This is exciting. Smiley
This all sounds great. I think as long as we make the claiming process secured by an algorithm and automated. So that no trust is needed. If we can make this happen I think the only way is up for Solarcoin
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

I like drip 1

Jump to: