Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 168. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
https://www.indiegogo.com/

Maybe we should get Solarcoin on here not only would it raise awareness but also raise $ for the cause.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
We are creating a series of coins that will be used for various things, including one that will be used as a trade instrument to facilitate the trade of Photovoltaic and ASIC materials and parts, I thought I would share it with people who use a coin that is Solar based. We will also be making things like Medical Technologies/Machines, but the coin will also be focused on a lot of Solar Technologies.

Photovoltaic Sub-Project:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1220483

ASIC Development Sub-Project:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1262101

And I am going to start using Solar coin because what you guys are doing is accomplished in the course of what we are doing, so we are pretty much doing the same thing. But we will have a few coins that are used for other things, but still similar to how Solar Coin is used.

Japa... I seriously think the 2 links provided above were enough not the other 3 posts of spam that followed. Just my 2 cents though.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Someone is selling ~184 000 solarcoins at ~3000 satoshis in Bittrex  Shocked Why dump so low? dafuq  Huh

Imagine you had over 1 Million SLR? What would you do? I would most definitely sell a few 100k and get a few bitcoins just incase. Because at this point I don't think it's really worth it owning more than 340 000 SLR which is 1% of the coins in circulation

If you look on the Bittrex top wallet list there are a number of people that have over 500k. Right now 1 mil is about 10k but you really can't do anything. The volume is so low that you can't unload it. I know a couple of people on this forum have 1mil or more. I would say about half of all the SLR in circulation is in the hands of only about 10 people.
legendary
Its a great opportunity to get some solar thats all
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
I don't understand what you mean by he must hold?
Well what I'm trying to say is - better to sell a small amount of coins every now and then. The only logic behind that wall (I know ~5 BTC cannot be considered wall, but lets call it that way Cheesy ) is like u said - to make people put an order below it and eventually that guy buying more cheaper. Anyway i'm not that worried either - I just wanted to figure out what is behind his head, but the time will tell I guess Smiley
legendary
Activity: 445
Imagine you had over 1 Million SLR?

Well there are not many people that have ~1 million SLR. In fact those which have more than 20 000 are ~200 people - a really small number if u ask me. Even if someone has more than 100 000 right now it means that he is an early adopter and he must hold, because he must know the idea of the coin at the first place and that this project is a long term investment. By saying that I mean that those 184 000 solarcoins at bittrex are really a big number in my perspective and are not worth to sell them at that price. If this person wants to PUMP the coin, better to sell a small amounts like 2000 or 5000 with a different price each time going UP rather than putting a wall of 184 000 at 3000 satoshi. For me that doesn't make sense. And if someone wants to buy right now he may not be so convinced since at any point someone with a big wallet may dump 100 000+ just like that. I know that those coins which are in our hands by mining or to say buying right now are a small percent of the all coins ever to exist, but the large wallets imo need to sell only a small amounts every now and then and pumping the price up - not just set a wall whenever they feel like it. Just my opinion.

That's true. Maybe the 1 Million SLR example was exaggerated.
I don't understand what you mean by he must hold? Most large holders like me bought in between 0.00000200 and 0.00000600.
Doest that mean they have to hold? Or would the more responsible move be to sell some at at over 1000% profit and still have some incase it continues rising. I guess whoever has put up this sell wall has a lot more Solarcoins, and has been buying most of the coins below 0.00003000.
And if he really wants to dump he can go ahead and fill my bags  Grin
We also don't know if he wants to dump. It might be a cheap attempt to get more people to place sell orders so that he can buy them all up and cancel his sell order... Either way, I wouldn't worry about a 180k sell wall.
Solarcoin.org
Imagine you had over 1 Million SLR?

Well there are not many people that have ~1 million SLR. In fact those which have more than 20 000 are ~200 people - a really small number if u ask me. Even if someone has more than 100 000 right now it means that he is an early adopter and he must hold, because he must know the idea of the coin at the first place and that this project is a long term investment. By saying that I mean that those 184 000 solarcoins at bittrex are really a big number in my perspective and are not worth to sell them at that price. If this person wants to PUMP the coin, better to sell a small amounts like 2000 or 5000 with a different price each time going UP rather than putting a wall of 184 000 at 3000 satoshi. For me that doesn't make sense. And if someone wants to buy right now he may not be so convinced since at any point someone with a big wallet may dump 100 000+ just like that. I know that those coins which are in our hands by mining or to say buying right now are a small percent of the all coins ever to exist, but the large wallets imo need to sell only a small amounts every now and then and pumping the price up - not just set a wall whenever they feel like it. Just my opinion.
Someone is selling ~184 000 solarcoins at ~3000 satoshis in Bittrex  Shocked Why dump so low? dafuq  Huh

Imagine you had over 1 Million SLR? What would you do? I would most definitely sell a few 100k and get a few bitcoins just incase. Because at this point I don't think it's really worth it owning more than 340 000 SLR which is 1% of the coins in circulation
Someone is selling ~184 000 solarcoins at ~3000 satoshis in Bittrex  Shocked Why dump so low? dafuq  Huh

He's dumping everything for BTC no matter how low it is.

He's not really dumping, rather pumping if you ask me. A dump is when someone sells into limit buys and makes the price fall... Yes someone is selling a lot of solarcoins but it's not a dump just yet :p
Activity: 406
Someone is selling ~184 000 solarcoins at ~3000 satoshis in Bittrex  Shocked Why dump so low? dafuq  Huh

He's dumping everything for BTC no matter how low it is.
legendary
Any update on the video that has SolarCoin in it that is suppose to be featured at the UN Climate conference 11-30-15?

To my knowledge that was scheduled for filming in Sept. and the reporter backed out at the last minute.

Nick

Bummer.
Solarcoin.org
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Any update on the video that has SolarCoin in it that is suppose to be featured at the UN Climate conference 11-30-15?

To my knowledge that was scheduled for filming in Sept. and the reporter backed out at the last minute.

Nick
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
honestly if you want to stake and don't have enough coins, I would just periodically buy the # of coins from the exchange that you would've gotten in a 3,6, or 12 month time-frame rather than trying to keep you wallet running 24/7 looking for blocks.

For example I just buy a few dozen SLR every few months to represent what I would've gotten from staking, its easy since the coin is still so cheap & staking at this point isn't worth it unless you have a spare computer or just really want to support the network out of good will.

Staking and supporting the network 24/7 isn't a problem for me and as you suggested buying what I would've gotten from staking sounds like a good idea.

Both good ideas!!
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
honestly if you want to stake and don't have enough coins, I would just periodically buy the # of coins from the exchange that you would've gotten in a 3,6, or 12 month time-frame rather than trying to keep you wallet running 24/7 looking for blocks.

For example I just buy a few dozen SLR every few months to represent what I would've gotten from staking, its easy since the coin is still so cheap & staking at this point isn't worth it unless you have a spare computer or just really want to support the network out of good will.

Staking and supporting the network 24/7 isn't a problem for me and as you suggested buying what I would've gotten from staking sounds like a good idea.
legendary
Jump to: