Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 169. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
honestly if you want to stake and don't have enough coins, I would just periodically buy the # of coins from the exchange that you would've gotten in a 3,6, or 12 month time-frame rather than trying to keep you wallet running 24/7 looking for blocks.

For example I just buy a few dozen SLR every few months to represent what I would've gotten from staking, its easy since the coin is still so cheap & staking at this point isn't worth it unless you have a spare computer or just really want to support the network out of good will.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

If anyone could spare some coins so I can start staking it'd be appreciated 8ZaxzKRPx9fdpTJYQ8H4LddXSKgb6cR6X2

1k on the way.. welcome to the team  Cheesy

I sent another 500,2 Wink
Welcome to the community!

Thankyou...  Smiley

What would be a good amount of Solarcoin to have in my wallet for staking?

A couple hundred thousand will get you a decent amount of blocks a day. However the sell order book on bittrex is very thin, so it might be impossible to buy that many coins without making the price go through the roof...

Guess I'll just sit on what I have then T don't have the coinage for a few 100k... Thanks again.
I bought about 5k SLR and Im staking blocks every other day, you should try and buy in a bit
Activity: 190
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

If anyone could spare some coins so I can start staking it'd be appreciated 8ZaxzKRPx9fdpTJYQ8H4LddXSKgb6cR6X2

Thankyou...  Smiley

A couple hundred thousand will get you a decent amount of blocks a day. However the sell order book on bittrex is very thin, so it might be impossible to buy that many coins without making the price go through the roof...

Guess I'll just sit on what I have then T don't have the coinage for a few 100k... Thanks again.
Activity: 445
Merit: 250

Thankyou...  Smiley

Thankyou...  Smiley

Cheers... coins received Smiley

Only just heard about SolarCoin and I liked the idea behind the coin from the start. Anything to encourage the use a solar power is definitely a good idea in my books.

Installed the wallet and submitted my SolarCoin Generator Registration last night so now I just wait I guess.

Activity: 128
Quote from: mattwj44 on Today at 01:40:13 AM
sell off on Bittrex is obviously happening.. have patience and get your SLR below 1500 Satoshis  (.000015 btc) each because it CAN go that low & you can benefit from that  Cool

Looks like you are wrong. The sell off already happened Wink I put my money where my mouth is and almost bought 100K SLR under 0.00001800.  Cool 

Well done that was a good price, I was a bit late to the party there!
sell off on Bittrex is obviously happening.. have patience and get your SLR below 1500 Satoshis  (.000015 btc) each because it CAN go that low & you can benefit from that  Cool

Looks like you are wrong. The sell off already happened Wink I put my money where my mouth is and almost bought 100K SLR under 0.00001800.  Cool 

How is SLR's difficulty adjusted with POST?

Is it the more coins are staking the more difficult it gets? How is the difficulty calculated otherwise?
I assume it's like that because of bitcoin where the more the difficulty rises the harder it becomes to mine bitcoins...

The white paper explains it: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoinPoSTWhitePaper10May2015.pdf  My crude understanding is that basically diff targets a 1 minute block based on historical submitters capacity to discover the block. however consensus on who's solution is "true" is determined by stake weight, so applying more power to be earlier in solution space or distributing computer power to have the most "solutions" submitted doesn't have a direct impact on the reward space outcome. 

Thank you , I have not had the time to read all of it yet.

Nope  Grin No more cheap SLR  Wink

Haha n00bs. I bought all your slr below 0.00001800
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

Nope  Grin No more cheap SLR  Wink
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
sell off on Bittrex is obviously happening.. have patience and get your SLR below 1500 Satoshis  (.000015 btc) each because it CAN go that low & you can benefit from that  Cool

I posted on the SolarCoin Slack #Random channel a way that everyone in the world can benefit from SolarCoin but most coin holders may not get the big picture. Notice how most of the buys on Bittrex are at 1 satoshi. It could work this way too but my idea makes FIAT work hand in hand without any exchanges. Which is the ideal use for Crypto, and the fact that it uses FIAT the Coin is actually considered a Coupon or Airmile as initially stated. But there are other facets to it that are deeper since it could just become the actual money if all participants agree to use it in that capacity. Some may actually agree and others won't but still accept the coin and make merchandising happen easily.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Climate conference coming up 11/30/15   Got Solar?
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Is it the more coins are staking the more difficult it gets? How is the difficulty calculated otherwise?
I assume it's like that because of bitcoin where the more the difficulty rises the harder it becomes to mine bitcoins...

The white paper explains it: http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoinPoSTWhitePaper10May2015.pdf  My crude understanding is that basically diff targets a 1 minute block based on historical submitters capacity to discover the block. however consensus on who's solution is "true" is determined by stake weight, so applying more power to be earlier in solution space or distributing computer power to have the most "solutions" submitted doesn't have a direct impact on the reward space outcome. 
Activity: 185
Would it actually be possible to run a full Solarcoin client on a Raspberry Pi and stake?

I am currently running my node using a 400 Watt PC, and it's starting to show in my power bill :p

I purchased a mini pc which runs at virtually nothing and I leave it on 24/7 and it's ticking along nicely generating those coins.

You can pick up the new VivoMini UN42 for around £199 UK and this runs at only 6.5w

Here is the link https://www.asus.com/uk/Mini-PCs/VivoMini_UN42/

That is a REALLY cool PC for long term use, but its pricey, is way too powerful for just an SLR Wallet program, & it doesn't even have a monitor that I can see.. here is an HP made laptop that has all you need and arguably runs at an even lower power consumption rate when the screen and all other programs are disabled >>

http://www.amazon.com/HP-11-r010nr-11-6-Inch-Notebook-Processor/dp/B015CQ8SGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1447958738&sr=1-1&keywords=laptop

Not as cheap as a Pi, but getting there...As notebooks get cheaper and more power efficient I bet we will even see some sold WITH solar panels right out of the box  Smiley

Thank you guys! I might just try and run the wallet on a raspberry pi Smiley still a lot cheaper than buying a noteook or a mini pc!
Im waiting for my PiGrid to arrive I hope when it does I will be able to get SLR on there too which can then stake 24/7

Jump to: