Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 172. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
OK, here is a 1st and admittedly bad attempt V0.1 at a video to explain solarcoin. 

https://www.powtoon.com/online-presentation/d1RtNtx0hVS/solarcoin/#/

anybody else want to take a shot ?   my V.02 will get better.

Nick
The price didn't crash, BitCoin value went up. The price stayed the same .006

One can also argue that the "value" stayed the same when considering the solarcoin network of holders/claimants/nodes is stable.  Grow the nodes>grow value and price will take care of itself.  Price and Value are 2 different things.
"Price is pictured as a balloon hovering over the goose [who lays golden eggs], connected to it by a stretchy string. As the goose's intrinsic value wanders slowly forward…or backward…the price balloon gets bounced to and fro by gusts of hot air and opinions expressed as traded prices."
more here https://www.pinterest.com/columbiaup/the-nature-of-value/

or better yet.  Benjamin graham and Warren Buffet: http://news.morningstar.com/classroom2/course.asp?docId=142901&page=7
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
The price didn't crash, BitCoin value went up. The price stayed the same .006
Activity: 445
Yes indeed. I believe in Solarcoin and that it will have a bright future!
Although I bought Solarcoin early back a few years ago I am still buying. The more I think about it, the more I want to buy.
There is no doubt in my mind that SLR deserves to be on more popular exchanges and that it has huge potential.
I can't believe people are actually buying into loads of shitty coins on cryptsy and other exchanges. Solarcoin is so much better in every way that most other altcoins out there. It's just a fact.
I really hope people will come to realize that Solar energy is the way to go Wink
And last but not least thank you to whoever has been crashing the price so I can buy some more
Lets spread the word and give Solarcoin the attention it deserves.
To the Sun!  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Great things ahead for solarcoin!   Cool
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
As a domestic claimant I do feel the RoI on this coin is incredibly small, I have a ~4kW array which in the UK is the max for a private person and I will get ~ 6 SLR per year, even if it goes to $20 per SLR, thats a pretty small carrot on the end of a stick that many people just dont understand right now.  I was already experimenting with crypto so for me its not an issue.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

I sound negative, Im really not but the barriers to entry are high.

Thanks for chiming in.  There are some things underway to help with making SolarCoin grow, these will be posted to the site in the coming weeks.  The SolarCoin Foundation is now a US Public Benefit Corporation.

There are conversations ongoing with Affiliates to build out websites and share technology in US, EU and Japan.

The EU team is applying for VC and working on Tech incubator applications.

We are on #slack and setting up a weekly standing call for marketing and outreach. 

There is also some work being done for Simple 2-3 minute cartoon explanations of SolarCoin and Currency dynamics using powtoons by the foundation. 

All of this will be updated and released in the coming weeks. 

If you know of solar developers interested please let me know. I will introduce them to affiliate site builders. If you know of people who would like to set-up affiliate sites or sub-affiliates (sub license) tech under the hood from affiliates PM me and I will introduce you.  There are many countries and territories wide open.  Affiliates get a % of claimants as a referal payment from the foundation.  Our focus is on developer and Claimant outreach. 

This is going to be done with messaging, marketing and biz dev relationships via a country and regional affiliate/ sub affiliate network using web based wallets, direct inverter tie-ins to the blockchain and other tech.  I am happy to put technologists, solar developers and others in touch.

Just FYI a $20 SLR on a 5KW roof over 25 years= 187.5 SLR= $3,750 so it is interesting at the margin.  a 5KW system in the US would cost about $20k. http://www.solar-nation.org/how-much-does-a-solar-system-cost-these-days  As the cost of solar installs goes down that marginal incentive becomes more interesting.  If one assumes each claimant produces $800 in value to the currency network https://www.zapchain.com/a/93TL8NKGHF  a $20/SLR price point  assuming 100m circulating float requires 2.5m participants. A big number but not impossible in the context of global energy and a current 6m solar generators growing 20-30% annually.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Well one thing is certain. Price volatility promotes discussion. That's always a good thing when the cause is just.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

LOVE this idea... how would you have the installers distribute the coin to their customers once done? Would you have them give it out in advance or simply dump them into some kind of online wallet attached to their PV account?

Also I agree that the coin could go to $100 each & that may still not be enough for most people these days ROI-wise, but hopefully if this coin lasts decades then one day it will be so cheap to buy PV you might as well sign up for SLR too as that could help you pay off the system you bought much faster.

My mind is exploding right now.. thanks for the feedback!!
Ha ha glad I could blow your mind. I think the installers could see if clients want the SLR directly, if not it could be set off against maintenance/cleaning costs, thats like a little loyalty programme for the installer.

Another thought I had was about integrating Solarcoin.  I have Enphase inverters and I keep reading that they consider themselves a software company not a hardware company, they are gathering tons of data that must be costing them a fair bit, seems like they could be doing that in the blockchain.  Solarcoin could be a great fit for them in terms of additional revenue/loyalty points.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
SLR and BTC may go hand in hand, but SLR wasn't "designed to work with" any other currency.. it is focused specifically on token distribution for proof of capturing PV.. end of story.

If I can print off 1 SLR and sell it to you for $1, or 3 chickens, or .0005 BTC then the currency wasn't "designed to work that way" its just a commodity we can trade with and for like anything else.   Cheesy

BTW using an online exchange is only ONE way to get coins.. technically there are a vast number of ways any crypto can be acquired and that cannot be overlooked when judging price, adoption rate, and liquidity as we are doing right now.
legendary
I wouldn't state it that way. So delete that. I would state it that you are already doing your best by not selling.

I have put forth my ideas in slack to be determined if it is discussed here. These ideas take care of the price and create an exponential growth immediately without any manipulation at all.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't see any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

That wasn't a dump. Check the price of BitCoin and you will see why you shouldn't leave your buys on an exchange if you don't want to pay extra for your coin. At .000019 it would be .007 per share. So all buys above that got eaten up. It just shows that someone wants the price to stay at around .007 or about a penny. So the price just stayed the same as it was.

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter.

SLR is Pegged to BitCoin so yes they go hand in hand and is used with BitCoin since unless you have Solar to claim you must use BitCoin to buy SLR with and Claimers Value BitCoin since that is what they are Claiming for valuation of. Again if the price goes up you have more claimers selling their claim coin and pushing the price down. But there is such a glut of coin right now vs buyers that it would take pure manipulation to make the price go up. So this is the disparity since no one wants to get dumped on and buy just to get trounced later.

Since there are so few claimants, the price going down is pure manipulation, too. There is no "free market" for SLR yet, so it's up to us, the initial investors, to manipulate the price to a level that will be more attractive for the possible (future) claimants to start claiming their SLR.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Once the fool decides to stop dumping we will move along.

"The fool" uses every chance they have to be able to continue to try to BUY as low as possible as many SLR as possible.
legendary
.011  Grin

And someone has dumped today... Anyway what are the developers doing with the project is my concern? I don't see any activity here or in the official solarcoin forum - the admin there has logged last on september  Huh

That wasn't a dump. Check the price of BitCoin and you will see why you shouldn't leave your buys on an exchange if you don't want to pay extra for your coin. At .000019 it would be .007 per share. So all buys above that got eaten up. It just shows that someone wants the price to stay at around .007 or about a penny. So the price just stayed the same as it was.

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter.

SLR is Pegged to BitCoin so yes they go hand in hand and is used with BitCoin since unless you have Solar to claim you must use BitCoin to buy SLR with and Claimers Value BitCoin since that is what they are Claiming for valuation of. Again if the price goes up you have more claimers selling their claim coin and pushing the price down. But there is such a glut of coin right now vs buyers that it would take pure manipulation to make the price go up. So this is the disparity since no one wants to get dumped on and buy just to get trounced later.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

LOVE this idea... how would you have the installers distribute the coin to their customers once done? Would you have them give it out in advance or simply dump them into some kind of online wallet attached to their PV account?

Also I agree that the coin could go to $100 each & that may still not be enough for most people these days ROI-wise, but hopefully if this coin lasts decades then one day it will be so cheap to buy PV you might as well sign up for SLR too as that could help you pay off the system you bought much faster.

My mind is exploding right now.. thanks for the feedback!!
As a domestic claimant I do feel the RoI on this coin is incredibly small, I have a ~4kW array which in the UK is the max for a private person and I will get ~ 6 SLR per year, even if it goes to $20 per SLR, thats a pretty small carrot on the end of a stick that many people just dont understand right now.  I was already experimenting with crypto so for me its not an issue.

You need to get solar installers to claim on behalf of their clients or to use it as support for the industry.  Ill be talking to my installer about it, especially in the UK as FiT is being cut from .12 to .02 per kWh and they are gonna need all the help they can get.

I sound negative, Im really not but the barriers to entry are high.
Can we bring the coin to another exchanges? If it get to Cryptsy I think more people will know about it and be interested in to buy. And now since there is no more mining, the price must skyrocket - that last week was an example about how a small amount of BTC can drive the price UP, the problem is that more people need to know about the coin and more exchanges need to accept it. Once more people buy it, the price will go UP and eventually companies that produce solar energy will be more interested to claim their coins. What do you guys think?

I hear you there, but honestly at this point SLR (& all other cryptos) really need a more centralized exchange, rather than trying to convince ALL of them to add the coin which is just a waste of time since most exchanges will likely merge/fail/ect in the next few years...

Even if we did somehow get all other exchanges to add the coin, the next question investors in those exchanges will ask is "Where are the claimants?" just like we all did.. so until you fix that issue you can have this coin on all the exchanges you want but that will only lead to more speculation and less intrinsic value overall.

What we need:   More funding> More devs > better GUI's > a Live & active Claims process that is easy to use

We can spread the word all we want, but until SLR is actually backed by those creating PV energy this will all just be one massively volatile coin that will never see north of .05c   Shocked

SLR does need more claimants that's right. But you're wrong about the price.
Things are looking pretty good again for Bitcoin. Whoever is selling right now either has too much invested in SLR or has no idea what he is doing.
Anyway Im happy with my coins and I will continuously be staking. Buckle up your seatbelts because crypto madness 3.0 might be right around the corner Wink

Remember SLR is meant to be used with Bitcoin, so upwards movement in Bitcoin is also good for Solarcoin. even if it's not showing in the price right now

Agree to disagree.. also SLR wasn't "meant to be used with Bitcoin" or anything else for that matter. It like any other crypto or fiat is it's own system and can be speculated upon and invested in from any # of ways.

Other crypto holders can trade around to inc/dec price as they try to cash in on huge % swings, but until SLR gets Claimants to increase drastically those shifts in price will always be pumps and dumps, NOT a real display of value from the energy being represented in SLR as Claimants capture pure PV energy.

Maybe the price will go above 5c, but until there is real energy-value added to the network it will purely be speculation and therefore a giant crock of S#% if you ask me.. the question is, is that speculation needed initially to (pump) price & bring in more PV users.. or will they sign up because they want to push the ideology?
Activity: 445
Can we bring the coin to another exchanges? If it get to Cryptsy I think more people will know about it and be interested in to buy. And now since there is no more mining, the price must skyrocket - that last week was an example about how a small amount of BTC can drive the price UP, the problem is that more people need to know about the coin and more exchanges need to accept it. Once more people buy it, the price will go UP and eventually companies that produce solar energy will be more interested to claim their coins. What do you guys think?

I hear you there, but honestly at this point SLR (& all other cryptos) really need a more centralized exchange, rather than trying to convince ALL of them to add the coin which is just a waste of time since most exchanges will likely merge/fail/ect in the next few years...

Even if we did somehow get all other exchanges to add the coin, the next question investors in those exchanges will ask is "Where are the claimants?" just like we all did.. so until you fix that issue you can have this coin on all the exchanges you want but that will only lead to more speculation and less intrinsic value overall.

What we need:   More funding> More devs > better GUI's > a Live & active Claims process that is easy to use

We can spread the word all we want, but until SLR is actually backed by those creating PV energy this will all just be one massively volatile coin that will never see north of .05c   Shocked

SLR does need more claimants that's right. But you're wrong about the price.
Things are looking pretty good again for Bitcoin. Whoever is selling right now either has too much invested in SLR or has no idea what he is doing.
Anyway Im happy with my coins and I will continuously be staking. Buckle up your seatbelts because crypto madness 3.0 might be right around the corner Wink

Remember SLR is meant to be used with Bitcoin, so upwards movement in Bitcoin is also good for Solarcoin. even if it's not showing in the price right now

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Once the fool decides to stop dumping we will move along.
Jump to: