Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 223. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Hello SolarCoin Community!

If you are running any 2.0 betas at the moment, please shut them down and wipe clean your data directory - including wallet.dat.  If you were using a "live" wallet.dat, replace it with a backup 1.5 version.  This is in preparation for the new 2.0 RC.  I will be posting it very soon, after I get a full sync of the blockchain and verify that my 1.5 transactions are upgraded intact. (Just 800k more blocks to go!)

Thanks again for your patience, it has been invaluable to me to have the time to test all aspects of the conversion from PoW to PoST.  There were many "gotchas" uncovered which would have been show stoppers.  The current testnet models mainnet as closely as possible, and has been running for over three days now.  The interest rate and inflation are reaching equilibrium:

"networkweight" : 8616628.79636594,
    "inflationrate" : 2.20549027,
    "interestrate" : 8.74068381,
    "coinsupply" : 34148973,
    "blocksperhour" : 66,

-Steve

Thanks!!!
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Are we still on track for block 825,000 ?

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

Yes, things are looking very good in testnet.  We are currently targeting 2.0% - 2.5% inflation with the addition of 710,000 granted coins/year.  The one remaining bug in the wallet upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 has been identified and will be fixed in the next beta release.  I expect the next beta to be a GA candidate.  Like I mentioned earlier, every iteration of a testnet takes at least 2 days to complete, so the old idiom "patience is a virtue" has really been testing my patience. Wink  Thank-you for your patience!

-Steve

Just posted some issues observed in b12 (excluding the wallet update and send/receive/balance issues):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwysiXK9sflUNFZIpNT18zc6nIOdivSpa1uYlUlSVpY/edit?pli=1

thanks for the post and update in the bug tracking document. I will forward to dev.
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
Hello SolarCoin Community!

If you are running any 2.0 betas at the moment, please shut them down and wipe clean your data directory - including wallet.dat.  If you were using a "live" wallet.dat, replace it with a backup 1.5 version.  This is in preparation for the new 2.0 RC.  I will be posting it very soon, after I get a full sync of the blockchain and verify that my 1.5 transactions are upgraded intact. (Just 800k more blocks to go!)

Thanks again for your patience, it has been invaluable to me to have the time to test all aspects of the conversion from PoW to PoST.  There were many "gotchas" uncovered which would have been show stoppers.  The current testnet models mainnet as closely as possible, and has been running for over three days now.  The interest rate and inflation are reaching equilibrium:

"networkweight" : 8616628.79636594,
    "inflationrate" : 2.20549027,
    "interestrate" : 8.74068381,
    "coinsupply" : 34148973,
    "blocksperhour" : 66,

-Steve
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

Yes, things are looking very good in testnet.  We are currently targeting 2.0% - 2.5% inflation with the addition of 710,000 granted coins/year.  The one remaining bug in the wallet upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 has been identified and will be fixed in the next beta release.  I expect the next beta to be a GA candidate.  Like I mentioned earlier, every iteration of a testnet takes at least 2 days to complete, so the old idiom "patience is a virtue" has really been testing my patience. Wink  Thank-you for your patience!

-Steve

Just posted some issues observed in b12 (excluding the wallet update and send/receive/balance issues):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwysiXK9sflUNFZIpNT18zc6nIOdivSpa1uYlUlSVpY/edit?pli=1
legendary
We are getting very close to PosT
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Do you mean that they get to re-stock their panels? Sounds good, what type of roof space or land space will they have to buy or will they rent roof space?

Very smart I think.
I can already see the ecosystem changing and larger global events pointing to the direction of a mathematically backed financial system.
Even PWC came out in a positive light in their recent report.

"In our view, cryptocurrency represents the beginning of a new phase of technology-driven markets that have the potential to disrupt conventional market strategies, longstanding business practices, and established regulatory perspectives—" PWC, 2015.

This is so awesome.  I have a good amount of SLR. I'm going to hold on through out the years and see what this goes to. I thought about selling many times but with the amount I have it will take way to long to off load and it will drive down the price. This looks like it will be a 5 to 10 year investment for me.

Just wait until I am allowed to put up some of the new concepts I have been thinking up to let the community decide "WATT" direction the coin goes in.

It is crazy how the worth of BitCoin is based on how much energy is wasted to create it. Now think about how much money is spent on the equipment to create it. Do we know where the convergence of Price is right now between power and money in creation vs majority holders and exchanges boosting prices? Will people be left holding the bag with BitCoin? Well my philosophy is to find a new home for BitCoin so it no longer diminishes in value but will no longer be the PEG for Crypto vs Fiat.

I have figured out a way that merchants will lose no money by accepting SLR ever. This will drive the economy since we all want to use the coin instead of just letting it sit in an Exchange waiting to pounce on the uptrends and buy back in on the low trends. Or miners sapping the value out of a coin like Alao states Alao won't do which is commendable. This is why Crypto gets idiotic to me and plays like a fake stock with seeming demand driving a value intertwined with behind the scenes majority shareholders manipulating the price by buying their own coins and trapping real buyers. If merchants sell in this type of environment they will always lose or flatten the coin out to nil as profit takers usurp the merchants. Since there are always more costs of goods to be taken than there is demand for a coin when Fiat is needed to restock the shelves.

So instead of restocking shelves, merchants could restock their roofs! With Solar Panels! The concept at arms length is very simplistic, but as we all know accomplishing any real feats of imagination in Crypto takes time and money.

We are going to turn Crypto on its ear! Put on your Shades it is gonna be bright future!
legendary
legendary
Very smart I think.
I can already see the ecosystem changing and larger global events pointing to the direction of a mathematically backed financial system.

"In our view, cryptocurrency represents the beginning of a new phase of technology-driven markets that have the potential to disrupt conventional market strategies, longstanding business practices, and established regulatory perspectives—" PWC, 2015.

This is so awesome.  I have a good amount of SLR. I'm going to hold on through out the years and see what this goes to. I thought about selling many times but with the amount I have it will take way to long to off load and it will drive down the price. This looks like it will be a 5 to 10 year investment for me.

Just wait until I am allowed to put up some of the new concepts I have been thinking up to let the community decide "WATT" direction the coin goes in.

It is crazy how the worth of BitCoin is based on how much energy is wasted to create it. Now think about how much money is spent on the equipment to create it. Do we know where the convergence of Price is right now between power and money in creation vs majority holders and exchanges boosting prices? Will people be left holding the bag with BitCoin? Well my philosophy is to find a new home for BitCoin so it no longer diminishes in value but will no longer be the PEG for Crypto vs Fiat.

I have figured out a way that merchants will lose no money by accepting SLR ever. This will drive the economy since we all want to use the coin instead of just letting it sit in an Exchange waiting to pounce on the uptrends and buy back in on the low trends. Or miners sapping the value out of a coin like Alao states Alao won't do which is commendable. This is why Crypto gets idiotic to me and plays like a fake stock with seeming demand driving a value intertwined with behind the scenes majority shareholders manipulating the price by buying their own coins and trapping real buyers. If merchants sell in this type of environment they will always lose or flatten the coin out to nil as profit takers usurp the merchants. Since there are always more costs of goods to be taken than there is demand for a coin when Fiat is needed to restock the shelves.

So instead of restocking shelves, merchants could restock their roofs! With Solar Panels! The concept at arms length is very simplistic, but as we all know accomplishing any real feats of imagination in Crypto takes time and money.

We are going to turn Crypto on its ear! Put on your Shades it is gonna be bright future!
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Very smart I think.

Activity: 493
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

-Steve
legendary

TIA
Can't verify the validity of this marketplace, but you can buy things etc. using solarcoin here:  https://cointopay.com/
legendary
Will we be able to keep our slr in our wallet during the upgrade or will we have to move it to an exchange and then to the new POST wallet?

It can stay in the current wallet, when the upgrade happens you will need to install the new wallet and I am sure a guide will be implemented. You just can't transact using the old wallet. The old wallet will always contain the amount of coins addressed on the ledger where it left off at and the new wallet picks up where everything left off. Then when you transact on the new wallet the address will reflect the new changes. Since your address would be stale until you update so it is like cold storage. Not sure about coin age but it most likely picks up the date of the new wallet to start with since all coins are equal at that point in POST.

But to address your question better... If you send to the Exchange and just install a new wallet when all is finished, you can let the Exchange to the work for you. But if the Exchange has problems with POST your coins will be in Limbo. But after the dust clears then you send back out to the new wallet once POST is rolled out.
Activity: 493
Will we be able to keep our slr in our wallet during the upgrade or will we have to move it to an exchange and then to the new POST wallet?
legendary
Thanks for the info, hopefully we get PoST before that date.
onsightit are we still on track for PoST at block 800,000?

We are now targeting block 825,000. But steve will let you know as he is coding it into the beta.  Again focus is on reliability and stability of blockchain more than on speed of release.  All of those running beta 2.00 with versions 12 and earlier should stop running those versions and wait for next release from onsightit. 

Nick
legendary
onsightit are we still on track for PoST at block 800,000?
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Jump to: