Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 250. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Let's have some fun, shall we? A little thought exercise to see just how clever all of our "traders" really are!

Guidelines:

1. Anyone can participate and share thoughts and ideas.
2. Discuss differing opinions in a constructive way but try and stick to the premise.
3. Differentiate trade ideas based on both theoretical AND practical.
4. Only play along if it excites you. Cheesy

Premise: The following chart shows, from a purely technical/graphical perspective, what appears to be a widened spread (red circle). Typically this is viewed as an indicator that there is a potential trade to be made.

Questions up for discussion:

1. What is that trade? (theoretical)
2. How can it be executed? (practical)

IMPORTANT: I will not be trading or participating because I just decided to offer a §20,000 bounty for the post I deem to be the most thoughtful by Sunday (February 8 ) at say 8:00 PM EST.
You guys are making this so incredibly and unnecessary complicated that it is ultimately, sadly, quite off-putting. No one, no one sane, let alone even slightly interested in understanding what SolarCoin is and wants to achieve, would even remotely attempt to go through the incredible amount of blabber  posted just in this last page. What a pity.

If you can't make your pits in 15 seconds or less, you don't have anything worth pitching.  

Chances are pretty good you've never read this book then...  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
You guys are making this so incredibly and unnecessary complicated that it is ultimately, sadly, quite off-putting. No one, no one sane, let alone even slightly interested in understanding what SolarCoin is and wants to achieve, would even remotely attempt to go through the incredible amount of blabber  posted just in this last page. What a pity.

If you can't make your pitchs in 15 seconds or less, you don't have anything worth pitching.  
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Ok, so we have a new dev on the scene for POSv.  Here is the proposal. I am curious what people's feedback is in terms of technical risk and implementation.  Once this looks good we will execute ASAP.  Also would be happy for people to sign up for testing.

Here is the new dev's proposal:

1. We will use new blockchain. Current one will not be used after migration to POSV anymore. The new one will keep all the balances from an old one. Question: do you also want to re-send transactions with messages which were on old blockchain? This is doable however complicates things.

2. Such setup gives us several bonuses:
- freedom to perform tests for a week or two so people will be able to download new POSV wallets and check if their money is still there.
- we will check if messaging works
- and check how staking works
- you will also have shorter blockchain which speeds up future client installations

3. After tests are finished we will let external parties (exchanges, pools etc) know they need to proceed with wallet update.

Does this mean the CCN folks are not doing the POSV coding? If not, who is doing the coding? What code base will be used? Do they have experience doing this type of blockchain conversion? Will the source be public? What other decisions have been made?

+1

We are working out the details. The code may be based on Noblecoin.  Again we want POSV as the intention is then to contact more solar industry journalists etc. and accelerate grants.  that being said, we want to make sure that PSOV is implement safely so please be patient. If it comes to a trade off of quality & security versus time, it may take more time. 

Hi Nick,

I think, time is not a problem for Solarcoin investors  Wink

We are not daily coin traders. Solarcoin is the only altcoin has a real purpose and plan. There are dozens of scammers and dishonest people around. So you can continue as you like, we will support you  Smiley

SolarCoin is subjected to daily traders there is nothing you can do about it. When the coin is sold out to BitCoin that amount of BitCoin may never return... Repeat this over and over again and watch the graph continue gradually downward. Only those risking to buy in lower will have their money taken again. It doesn't have to be a scam to lose money, it is just the nature of Exchanges and Profiteers.
Activity: 368
Hi all,

We've added the "SolarCoin Balance" tab onto each users login.
This is like the users "wallet".
Solcrypto interfaces with the SCF to process claims for real world SolarCoin mining from PV plants, houses and commercial rooftop.
If you want more information, please check out the twitter feed.

We would like the community's feedback on the POS staking policy for Solcrypto. Then after submissions we will add it to the sites TAC.

All coins are held offline with a clear two human sheild offline security policy.

Our aim is to grow the real world SolarCoin community. We will exhibit at PV shows and events in 2015 to raise awareness in the Asia Pacific Region.

Thanking you,
Best,
lfloorwalker
www.solcrypto.com

Nice!   Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Hi all,

We've added the "SolarCoin Balance" tab onto each users login.
This is like the users "wallet".
Solcrypto interfaces with the SCF to process claims for real world SolarCoin mining from PV plants, houses and commercial rooftop.
If you want more information, please check out the twitter feed.

We would like the community's feedback on the POS staking policy for Solcrypto. Then after submissions we will add it to the sites TAC.

All coins are held offline with a clear two human sheild offline security policy.

Our aim is to grow the real world SolarCoin community. We will exhibit at PV shows and events in 2015 to raise awareness in the Asia Pacific Region.

Thanking you,
Best,
lfloorwalker
www.solcrypto.com
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Ok, so we have a new dev on the scene for POSv.  Here is the proposal. I am curious what people's feedback is in terms of technical risk and implementation.  Once this looks good we will execute ASAP.  Also would be happy for people to sign up for testing.

1. We will use new blockchain. Current one will not be used after migration to POSV anymore. The new one will keep all the balances from an old one. Question: do you also want to re-send transactions with messages which were on old blockchain? This is doable however complicates things.

- freedom to perform tests for a week or two so people will be able to download new POSV wallets and check if their money is still there.
- you will also have shorter blockchain which speeds up future client installations

3. After tests are finished we will let external parties (exchanges, pools etc) know they need to proceed with wallet update.

Does this mean the CCN folks are not doing the POSV coding? If not, who is doing the coding? What code base will be used? Do they have experience doing this type of blockchain conversion? Will the source be public? What other decisions have been made?

+1

We are working out the details. The code may be based on Noblecoin.  Again we want POSV as the intention is then to contact more solar industry journalists etc. and accelerate grants.  that being said, we want to make sure that PSOV is implement safely so please be patient. If it comes to a trade off of quality & security versus time, it may take more time. 

Hi Nick,

I think, time is not a problem for Solarcoin investors  Wink

We are not daily coin traders. Solarcoin is the only altcoin has a real purpose and plan. There are dozens of scammers and dishonest people around. So you can continue as you like, we will support you  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org
Have you given some thought to adding a premium onto grant payouts adding extra Solarcoin from donations? Is this something that can be easily implemented?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Sounds good take all the time you need.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

+1

Activity: 368

Excellent news.  Grin
Activity: 300

Sign me up for testing, just let me know what to do.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1708
Solarcoin.org

As long as the old blockchain can be accessed via the new wallet there should be no issue. I'm sure that's possible, a sort of "soft" fork.

Keep things simple. Please. Smiley
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

Please sign me up for testing.
Thank you!
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Are there any working pools other than http://solarcoin.miningpoolhub.com ?

My asics don't seem to want to stay connected to this pool.  I have tried all 3 of their servers (europe, north america, asia) and my asics will not keep hashing on their servers for some reason.  After a couple minutes I quit getting any response from their server.

That's a driver issue with your mining software. What version of what mining software are you using? Also what hardware are you running?

bfgminer 3.99.0 Gridseeds
bfgminer 4.2.1 Furys/Blizzards

However, I can't locate that pool anymore, website doesn't seem to resolve.

http://coinmine.pw is on, switch to SLR there.

Looks like miningpoolhub website is off temporarily, since stratum server is still on.
Thank you for the important information!

An update:
Stratum at miningpoolhub is now down, too.
Pointing all hashers to http://coinmine.pw

A new update:
miningpoolhub is back up. Stratum server is on, too.

Thanks!

My asics don't seem to want to stay connected to this pool.  I have tried all 3 of their servers (europe, north america, asia) and my asics will not keep hashing on their servers for some reason.  After a couple minutes I quit getting any response from their server.

That's a driver issue with your mining software. What version of what mining software are you using? Also what hardware are you running?

http://coinmine.pw is on, switch to SLR there.

Looks like miningpoolhub website is off temporarily, since stratum server is still on.
Thank you for the important information!

An update:
Stratum at miningpoolhub is now down, too.
Pointing all hashers to http://coinmine.pw

A new update:
miningpoolhub is back up. Stratum server is on, too.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

So, the xxx.12312313 is now the non-for-profit (10-15 points), project-direction-oriented, bid-wall-supporting & PoW mining supporting (craving for PoS), all-HUMAN (and completely vulnerable) bot. All ideas/suggestions are VERY welcome. Anyone willing to participate - go ahead  Smiley All the other bots - well... take a note.

Oh..OH!
Such a loveLy exposure! The perfect line-up!
Looks like these jumping bots (++) are here to stay, while someone can/is willing to feed them...
Oh..see! They have ears! And... name(s)! Hi there! I do have something to tell you, you know.

Many of us do have enough SLR coins already ("more than enough"). It turns out we can put any excess coins to use to increase SLR value by SELLING them... Yes, selling them, but not exiting after the sell (buying more always helps anyways) - with a very specific "pledge" offer attached to every sell offer.

Here is how (in my opinion) the proposed "human-bot" idea can work to increase SLR value (remember, increased value is what leads to a higher price naturally, so it is NOT the price we care about, it is the value) and that is what this project is all about until it goes to the true market (when project community participants are owners of the minority of the SLR in circulation) and is able to take care of itself from there on (with the market's and ours help):

1. Potential investors will have some level of guarantee that they can sell back at 10-15 points lower than they bought. It is not anywhere near 100% guaranteed (may be not even 5%) since we can not account for someone's decision to cash out all at once, also non of the trades of the currently available coins were part of this, neither are part of it any new trades which do not participate as "human-bot" trades. But we can guarantee that in such a case we take steps to bring back the bid wall and thus maintain the level of buy-back guarantee. Since this is NOT the market yet, we still need this effort on our task list - to make it look and feel and work market-like as much as possible. Any offer belonging to the "human-bot"  (thus backed up buy the "human-bot" participant's pledge) will automatically increase the perception of the buy-back guarantee thus increase the value of SLR. Of course there can never be a guarantee that a "human-bot" looking like offer is actually a "human-bot" offer (yeah... a fake).

2. The "human-bot" does NOT guarantee that once you sell to it's bids, a corresponding offer will appear. Actually, its quite the opposite - it works as a "one-time" offer. You like the offer, you buy, a bid appears to guarantee your buy-back option (as much as possible, as explained in 1), you decide to cash out - there you go, then you decide to buy again - well, there is NO matching offer popping up for that particular SLR sell. Of course if you are lucky, you can still get SLRs at that price, or may be even lower, but these options are NOT guaranteed in any way. This is a major difference from the way auto-trading software (bots) is set up to operate, usually only within a limited offer price range since the profit-loss stop flags do not let it self-adjust to a price fluctuation trend.

3. To a certain extent, the guarantee in point 1 also increases the chances for a better price for whoever is willing (or has the necessity) to cash out in bulk; that is why the perception of some more security built into the "human-bot" offer itself increases the value of SLR in various scenarios for any one of the community members. Moreover, "human-bot" offers showing up as such are usually good for better decision-making because of increased level of predictability (when more patience is not missing).

4. I a case of a bid wall dump (bid wall maintenance will not be necessary in market conditions) , the human factor decides on if/how to most efficiently rebuild the wall (by lower promo offers to lock out limited (flat) price range offers of non-self-adjusting bots, by buy-ups, etc).

5. Trust is built upon the efforts of every one of the voluntary participants in the "human-bot" idea. Every BTC bid on a position with a human-bot" bid works for the same results, too.

6. A great chance is given to margin traders using auto-trading software to become professionals with fine-tuning their bots.

Hopefully this makes it more clear now. Yes, it's all open for discussion Smiley

Jump to: