Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 245. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 510
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

The reason why BitCoin keeps going down is that it can not support the purchases made that must leave in FIAT and based on demand people can place low buys and just churn out profits. Also people Mining Alt-Coins (like you) and selling them for BitCoin only to allow those coins to Plummet creating no worth. Think about how much BitCoin has dissolved into LiteCoin and DarkCoin etc. the big players only to get stuck at the bottom never to return. Miners have to pay their power bill right? So the BitCoin leaves as FIAT. Like I attempted to explain before. The same thing will happen with SLR but in a bigger way since there is 98 Billion claimable SLR and already twice as much SLR than BitCoin. The only people making money are the Exchanges and their fees always leave to FIAT. They won't be holding the bag at the end for sure!
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
legendary
Anyone with 3 bucks could buy up the total mining supply of slr coins every day  Grin

Slr is very tight supply coin in terms of litecoin/bitcoins there is only 750 a day made

in litecoins case 1200 are minted an hour.

You forget about the Claims that could come in every day. Millions of SLR can hit the market...

I hope the claims start pouring in. That's the goal of the project. Every claim increases users/value.

How does it increase value if Claiming it creates more coin? These claims can sell out to BitCoin and the volume never comes back in? These Claims may be large and also create future coin to be sold off. You have an open door for all claimants to leave, how does that create value by creating more volume selling? They have nothing to buy with their coin either, but even if they did, that buying would create a sell off since the product sold to the claimants must be paid for by selling SLR to BitCoin.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Anyone with 3 bucks could buy up the total mining supply of slr coins every day  Grin

Slr is very tight supply coin in terms of litecoin/bitcoins there is only 750 a day made

You forget about the Claims that could come in every day. Millions of SLR can hit the market...

I hope the claims start pouring in. That's the goal of the project. Every claim increases users/value.

In reality, if we can get those large farms to start making claims, the value will snowball. Eventually things will work out.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

legendary

Yeah, exactly!

I bet if those large low bids get genuinely(!) filled, the ask wall will evaporate Wink
But who knows... looks like it's addictive...  Sad
legendary

wow... someone's getting really desperate to still fill in those bids cheap Wink good luck with that
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
hello friend i found a way to propagate this coin and i need big amount of solar and about 5000 miror i have 3 btc

Sounds like quite a project.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
hello friend i found a way to propagate this coin and i need big amount of solar and about 5000 miror i have 3 btc
I am not sure where Solarcoin is going. I don't know what is happening to earlier plans for it. As I wrote earlier, I thought that it was to stop being mineable in November last year, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. The supplier of my PV panels doesn't seem interested in promoting Solarcoin to its customers, and presumably other suppliers aren't either.

Maybe the answer is for suppliers of PV panels to encourage people to register for SLR and to offer customers of their goods and services discounts in exchange for SLR, rather than actually use SLR as a currency on its own. That would encourage people to register their renewable technology. It woudl also encourage people to upgrade or expand their renewable systems.

The next big thing, and likely upgrade path, seems to be PV systems that work during the night -- by incorporating storage batteries to store excess energy during daylight hours. Remember that most people are out during all daylight hours in winter, and most of them in summer.

If SLR became part of the "carbon economy" and incorporated into solar inverters it could be very useful in cutting out bureaucracy.

Just in case you missed latest update from Nick:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10728334

Of course we are expecting info on the current state of development and if any beta testing help is needed.

The following article suggests that it is more likely that SLR claimants will eventually prompt PV suppliers to start accepting SLR as a form of payment or for discounts:
http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/

Thanks!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I am not sure where Solarcoin is going. I don't know what is happening to earlier plans for it. As I wrote earlier, I thought that it was to stop being mineable in November last year, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet. The supplier of my PV panels doesn't seem interested in promoting Solarcoin to its customers, and presumably other suppliers aren't either.

Maybe the answer is for suppliers of PV panels to encourage people to register for SLR and to offer customers of their goods and services discounts in exchange for SLR, rather than actually use SLR as a currency on its own. That would encourage people to register their renewable technology. It woudl also encourage people to upgrade or expand their renewable systems.

The next big thing, and likely upgrade path, seems to be PV systems that work during the night -- by incorporating storage batteries to store excess energy during daylight hours. Remember that most people are out during all daylight hours in winter, and most of them in summer.

If SLR became part of the "carbon economy" and incorporated into solar inverters it could be very useful in cutting out bureaucracy.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
 as well as i know about SLR wonderful expectation have.. Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
You don't understand what I mean when I say worth. If you have a cost to mine a coin that is the real worth, period. Speculation of that coin worth is where you desire the coin to be. Like SLR is worth .00001400 of BitCoin and is worth more than it cost to mine, but if people don't buy then the price doesn't move. Since people can Claim the coin it will move out and dump down the buy list. Yet at its base it is only worth what it cost to mine period, but may be worth less as time goes on and merchants blast the buys down to get out.

No lie there at all, your perception will always be that the coins you hold must be worth more than what you paid to mine them. When you see Alt Coins at 1 satoshi then how can you say that coin was worth more than it cost to mine? It is worthless now, but you would call me a liar when there are coins out there like this, yet it can't be true in your book since you are a miner of only profitable coins! So I lie because you don't mine coins that went to 1 satoshi. I get your logic now.

All it takes is some constructive acknowledgement and a better plan to head off the problems I write about and SLR could be the best alt coin ever made. Nothing will change though.

You were not saying "worth", you were saying "cost". Here:
"And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter."

I did read it right, right? I just explained you how that is just not right. From what you are saying all the time, though, I see you read wrong whatever I say. So this whole discussion is pointless for me - why should I even read anything else you may be claiming as knowledge? I've had just enough. Period.

Oh, yeah, I do feel I have to repeat this - one straight forward practical thing you (and everybody else) can do right now to increase the SLR worth is this - vote to make it easier to be accepted for online payments. I didn't see you vote so far...

Cheers!

That's ok you don't get it, Crypto will eventually teach you what I mean, since it is based on math and physical demand. Coins have gone to .00000001 Satoshi but you are a Miner and if you mined this coin then it was worth it, and cost is different but still if you mined a .00000001 coin it cost you everything but is still worth something, yeppers. Coins are delisted all the time they could still be worth more than BitCoin later though right! I get it now... Buy up as much SLR as you can and cold store it in order to sell it and make millions later! Get rich off of it yep!

Questions for you to ponder:
Do merchants who accept SLR coin have to spend their FIAT on the products they sell in SLR? Or do their products like Groceries, or T-Shirts just get Mined out of thin air?
If the Green Power Company were to accept SLR do they still have to pay their employees?
If so, how will they pay their employees? In SLR?
If so, how will their employees pay for their Groceries and Power even? In SLR?
If so, how does the Grocery provider pay for its expenses and deliveries? In SLR?
How will SLR substantiate this economy? Does it just keep generating more SLR and just give it to people for their goods and services?
If so, why would anyone need money at this point? If we can just Mine a coin and solve the worlds problems it would be too good to be true!
legendary
Best thing to do with solarcoin is buy it and cold storage it.

Do you consider trading it too risky?

I am holding so i can have 1 year tax breaks if it does take off. Pointless for me to daytrade it. But to each there own Smiley

You can read my previous posts about the current state of the SLR "market" (please note the quotation marks). This state represents the current state of the project - which is slowly getting out of the "yet just another crypto" and moving into the next project phase. I really don't want to return to this subject here anymore, you can PM me and I will give you the few (well... many) details I know from experience from my active mining and trading SLR on all exchanges from almost day 1. The fact is, things are quite simple, logical, and there are very few "market-makers" right now, with their specific narrow or broader interests.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

Jump to: