Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 246. (Read 466799 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Best thing to do with solarcoin is buy it and cold storage it.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
You don't understand what I mean when I say worth. If you have a cost to mine a coin that is the real worth, period. Speculation of that coin worth is where you desire the coin to be. Like SLR is worth .00001400 of BitCoin and is worth more than it cost to mine, but if people don't buy then the price doesn't move. Since people can Claim the coin it will move out and dump down the buy list. Yet at its base it is only worth what it cost to mine period, but may be worth less as time goes on and merchants blast the buys down to get out.

No lie there at all, your perception will always be that the coins you hold must be worth more than what you paid to mine them. When you see Alt Coins at 1 satoshi then how can you say that coin was worth more than it cost to mine? It is worthless now, but you would call me a liar when there are coins out there like this, yet it can't be true in your book since you are a miner of only profitable coins! So I lie because you don't mine coins that went to 1 satoshi. I get your logic now.

All it takes is some constructive acknowledgement and a better plan to head off the problems I write about and SLR could be the best alt coin ever made. Nothing will change though.

You were not saying "worth", you were saying "cost". Here:
"And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter."

I did read it right, right? I just explained you how that is just not right. From what you are saying all the time, though, I see you read wrong whatever I say. So this whole discussion is pointless for me - why should I even read anything else you may be claiming as knowledge? I've had just enough. Period.

Oh, yeah, I do feel I have to repeat this - one straight forward practical thing you (and everybody else) can do right now to increase the SLR worth is this - vote to make it easier to be accepted for online payments. I didn't see you vote so far...

Cheers!
You don't understand what I mean when I say worth. If you have a cost to mine a coin that is the real worth, period. Speculation of that coin worth is where you desire the coin to be. Like SLR is worth .00001400 of BitCoin and is worth more than it cost to mine, but if people don't buy then the price doesn't move. Since people can Claim the coin it will move out and dump down the buy list. Yet at its base it is only worth what it cost to mine period, but may be worth less as time goes on and merchants blast the buys down to get out.

No lie there at all, your perception will always be that the coins you hold must be worth more than what you paid to mine them. When you see Alt Coins at 1 satoshi then how can you say that coin was worth more than it cost to mine? It is worthless now, but you would call me a liar when there are coins out there like this, yet it can't be true in your book since you are a miner of only profitable coins! So I lie because you don't mine coins that went to 1 satoshi. I get your logic now.

All it takes is some constructive acknowledgement and a better plan to head off the problems I write about and SLR could be the best alt coin ever made. Nothing will change though.

You were not saying "worth", you were saying "cost". Here:
"And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter."

I did read it right, right? I just explained you how that is just not right. From what you are saying all the time, though, I see you read wrong whatever I say. So this whole discussion is pointless for me - why should I even read anything else you may be claiming as knowledge? I've had just enough. Period.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time trying to come up with anything to rebut what you've been saying. Thank you for the frank discussion and for making me think, I am finding value in it!  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

I understand mining, it only costs so much to mine a coin. So you are saying that a coin is worth more because you mined it? I am saying whatever the costs were or "are" to Mine a coin, are what the base cost would be in reality, no more and no less.

I read only that part of your post. 4 false statements there. Actually, the 4th could be interpreted as true, if the first 3 were true and/or you had them right. That's where I stop reading your posts altogether - you've thus rendered irrelevant to me any (possible) truths you might have in them.

A hint for you, if you decide to begin to understand crypto: for PoW, in the ideal case (which practically does not exist), the cost stays a constant only for the time the mining difficulty (which is, ideally, a function of the mining hash power involved at that moment) stays the same.

Also if you now ask me about mining, it will cost you more to get the answers from me than if you ask another miner Wink Sorry about that. Take your time.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Hi, how is going the pos implementationn?
some eta?
legendary
One word: Solarfarm. worth more than 10 timer the current market cap of SLR. In just a few days. A Thailandese guy who cannot even speak or write English.
And yet, he has achieved in a few days what this pretentious project hasn't been able to even remotely achieve in over a year. Food for thought, isn't it?

barabbas, have you thought about contacting the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I could go ahead and do it.

Thanks!

FYI: Here is the Solarfarm forum:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cell-nxtburst-asset-917737
legendary

This post just made me realize how doomed this project is. You are going to go explain this door to door? Wow dedicated but misguided. I just realized something too while trying to figure out a way to make this coin work again, what I realized is that BitCoin will always be worth something since it takes power/electricity to create it along with the costs of ASIC Miners. Whatever the costs are and were, makes the floor, whatever it is worth as profit or speculative is the motive. Something that took nothing to create just to make a better BitCoin model will never be adopted, since no one will be driven to buy Solar just to create a coin. Even if they are, or just want to claim credits, then they will wring out any profit they can and pay off their systems with it. So you need people buying in at that point and perpetually to sustain it.

Think about it, you own a Solar rig, you hear about Solar Coin, lets say you even hold your credited coin for a few months. What else is there to do with the coin but wait for the price to go up? So you see a bump in price, you take your coin to market, I guess that is all you can really do since you already bought your SolarCoin T-Shirt in USD and can get it for free by selling off the credited coin.

The only ability of this coin to make progress will be those who think it is worth investing in who buy in. Anyone who gets credits will automatically sell them at market for BitCoin. So you have a constant sell off. People who buy these sells can use the coin of course, but on what? Even if there is something to use it on the Merchant must go back to Fiat and sells, perpetual downtrend. So you have a repeating cycle and downward trend. No stability since there is too much coin, then you have profiteers, but it will soon be proven you can not make a profit so even they will go away.

Hope you guys figure this out somehow...

Just in case you missed this real-life answer to your concerns - came out a week or so ago:
http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/

You just illustrated my point, they are accepting BitCoin payments. As they accept BitCoin now they do not need another source of coin. Why would they? So they can go from SolarCoin back into BitCoin? So what happens now when a huge company starts to accept BitCoin for energy they produce now turns BitCoin into a shell game. Example: The company accepts Thousands of BitCoin for the payment of their Power. The company then can choose to either Speculate that people are buying the BitCoin to pay their bills with and there may be plenty of buyers of BitCoin so they may hold and wait for the price to climb. Or they just sell out immediately to FIAT. The Power Company must pay its employees, must do preventative maintenance on their infrastructure. They must get Money for the BitCoin Payments, in order to fulfill their economic liabilities.

So this power is generated now by the power company at a fraction of the cost of what they charge, and bears its brunt of Consumer COST or the companies Revenue into BitCoin. BitCoin is volitile mainly because these companies are accepting it now only to sell it out. Creating no economic worth other than a transaction. Repeat this over and over and see how the price of BitCoin will decline, this is the same issue facing SolarCoin and staring it right in the face. Since everyone KNOWS companies who accept any Crypto Currency have to get out in order to be economically stable.

Do you expect this Green Company to live in a BitCoin bubble and pay its workers in BitCoin and pay all of its contractors and suppliers in BitCoin? If you say yes to this now you have to also realize that every worker/employee, contractor or supplier who accepts the Power Company payment in BitCoin must also not break the bubble and leave for FIAT. Otherwise the selling alone will be its own depreciation. Again you may have people buying in to pay their power bill over and over but why? The people using BitCoin are most likely the ones who got in early and hoarded it and sold off only to buy in lower. So they love using BitCoin it is a great deal.

Now why would I take $400 a month to go to an exchange and buy $400 worth of BitCoin just to pay my utility bill? If the price goes up or down the Utility will PEG to FIAT so it won't take away money from my $400, but I just created an extra step where I didn't need to just to pay my bill. So this shows a sell off is more likely in the long run rather than a buy in. People who Buy in are either Speculating or buying Alt Coins in hope they sky-rocket, kind of like SolarCoin. When you should be understanding more by now that the prices will not sky-rocket and make you Rich, they will just be swapped out for FIAT when companies need liquidity.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Has anyone designed the pamphlet yet that nick asked for help with? I wish i was better at photoshop.

This post just made me realize how doomed this project is. You are going to go explain this door to door? Wow dedicated but misguided. I just realized something too while trying to figure out a way to make this coin work again, what I realized is that BitCoin will always be worth something since it takes power/electricity to create it along with the costs of ASIC Miners. Whatever the costs are and were, makes the floor, whatever it is worth as profit or speculative is the motive. Something that took nothing to create just to make a better BitCoin model will never be adopted, since no one will be driven to buy Solar just to create a coin. Even if they are, or just want to claim credits, then they will wring out any profit they can and pay off their systems with it. So you need people buying in at that point and perpetually to sustain it.

Think about it, you own a Solar rig, you hear about Solar Coin, lets say you even hold your credited coin for a few months. What else is there to do with the coin but wait for the price to go up? So you see a bump in price, you take your coin to market, I guess that is all you can really do since you already bought your SolarCoin T-Shirt in USD and can get it for free by selling off the credited coin.

The only ability of this coin to make progress will be those who think it is worth investing in who buy in. Anyone who gets credits will automatically sell them at market for BitCoin. So you have a constant sell off. People who buy these sells can use the coin of course, but on what? Even if there is something to use it on the Merchant must go back to Fiat and sells, perpetual downtrend. So you have a repeating cycle and downward trend. No stability since there is too much coin, then you have profiteers, but it will soon be proven you can not make a profit so even they will go away.

Hope you guys figure this out somehow...

Just in case you missed this real-life answer to your concerns - came out a week or so ago:
http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/
I'm not worried at all about the progress of Solarcoin. There is plenty of action going on in the background, like progress on the PoS wallet, and the inflation problem has been cut to almost zero. This isn't a short term project, it will take many months for things to really take off, but when they do it will be self evident the need for this technology.

+10

Right on spot. All the talk is just that - talk. Anyone who actually wants to work on the project to further the progress can begin/continue putting their efforts at any time.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I'm not worried at all about the progress of Solarcoin. There is plenty of action going on in the background, like progress on the PoS wallet, and the inflation problem has been cut to almost zero. This isn't a short term project, it will take many months for things to really take off, but when they do it will be self evident the need for this technology.
Jump to: