Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 74. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
agreed, i have a theory that because there wasn't too many full nodes that many of them got onto the "wrong" chain, this caused stability problems for all main full nodes. Please correct me if I am off here.
I was thinking through and the only way to improve this is to have more full nodes so the probability after each fork of this happening decreases.
I realized yesterday after doing TXID certifications for our solar plant reports, that we were on the wrong fork (possibly for 2 days). So all of our wallets have been repaired now.
The main way to fix it was to "reload blockchain". In general reliability for us is (1. Windows, 2. MAC, 3. Linux...) and I am not sure of the reasons for differences in reliability across platforms.
Has anyone got a stable 2.1.6 Linux full node synced? I am very far behind on block count on ours.

Looks like the wallet occasionally reports the wrong amount of coins available also. After a rescan it works itself out. We need some serious bugs fixes.
Hey, Im going to try and run a fullnode for the first time as I think I have a low power solution Im prepared to leave on 24/7, do I just have to add 'listen=1' to my config file?  EDIT; What ports to forward?
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Yeah I'm back on the wrong fork, I'm about 9 blocks behind the Block explorer so tried restarting the wallet hasn't worked so I'm gona reload blockcahin again. and then rescan wallet. so it makes 4 days so far with no interest being earned.

It seems like alomst everyone is either on a fork or currently resyncing so my question is: Who is still running a node on the correct chain?
On the bittrex wallet it says :  The last block update occurred 2522 minutes ago.

To me it looks like something went wrong with the update.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Yeah I'm back on the wrong fork, I'm about 9 blocks behind the Block explorer so tried restarting the wallet hasn't worked so I'm gona reload blockcahin again. and then rescan wallet. so it makes 4 days so far with no interest being earned.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
My laptop 2.1.6 wallet (Windows 7) has also diverted to the wrong fork so I've closed it and am trying to troubleshoot it again on my PC (Windows 7).

After getting my PC wallet upgraded to 2.1.6, I've managed to get it to eventually resync and start staking again. I had to reload the blockchain a few times and open and close the wallet to get it to finally sync. Once resynced, I double checked the block height with the blockchain explorer to make sure they matched - they did - so I've left it to stake and have been watching it for the last hour.

What I'm finding is that as I gain extra connections to the network I usually end up forking. I can confirm I'm on a different fork as the block height showing on my wallet is higher than the block height in the blockchain explorer. This difference between explorer and wallet block height can also swing the other way. I've seen a difference of five blocks at times in both directions.

This is also not a network latency issue as when I saw my wallet block height reach 1450859 it took the blockchain explorer over five minutes to reach the same block height.

In the time I've been watching my wallet I've also earned one lot of interest. This interest received four confirmations before disappearing when I dropped a connection - from eight down to seven connections.

Hopefully the correct fork starts to take precedence in the network soon.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
agreed, i have a theory that because there wasn't too many full nodes that many of them got onto the "wrong" chain, this caused stability problems for all main full nodes. Please correct me if I am off here.
I was thinking through and the only way to improve this is to have more full nodes so the probability after each fork of this happening decreases.
I realized yesterday after doing TXID certifications for our solar plant reports, that we were on the wrong fork (possibly for 2 days). So all of our wallets have been repaired now.
The main way to fix it was to "reload blockchain". In general reliability for us is (1. Windows, 2. MAC, 3. Linux...) and I am not sure of the reasons for differences in reliability across platforms.
Has anyone got a stable 2.1.6 Linux full node synced? I am very far behind on block count on ours.

Looks like the wallet occasionally reports the wrong amount of coins available also. After a rescan it works itself out. We need some serious bugs fixes.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Generally the wallet for 2.1.6 is almost identical to 2.1.1.  you can check the code diffs in :https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

The big challenge is making sure of 2 things. people are on 2.1.6 and they are on the correct chain.

1. download and install 2.1.6 either from website www.solarcoin.org, or using update feature in application.

2. download and the blockchain using the Reload blockchain command under the file menu.

3. Rescan the wallet:

Ok se here is what im getting:

Im on the correct chain: the block number matches the block height in the block explorer.
However my last 25-40 interest payments are invalid again. I just fixed the wallet yesterday! And it looks like im on the correct chain...
This is really weird because I had fixed the wallet yesterday and i was getting valid payments again but after only 7 valid payments it randomly only generated stale blocks
Its important that people update to V. 2.1.6

I think it would be important to release a new version without all of these bugs. Since I restored my wallet yesterday I got a few valid interest payments and now it forked again..
My friends wallet also forked after the update...

What we need: We need everyone to get off the old version of SLR. Who the f. is still running version 1.01??
I don't have the time to constantly deal with this issue. Maybe next time we can test the wallet for a few days before releasing a corrupted version

Just my thoughts. A lot can be improved, and Im happy to donate. Unless of course you don't want anyone supporting the network. Im switching off my wallets until this gets resolved
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Its important that people update to V. 2.1.6
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Yes, same here, its wildly off, I rescanned and reloaded the blockchain and it still cant add up, it seems to be when coins are staked the maths goes wrong.

My observation is that this happens when the wallet still gets on the wrong blockchain. I had this going on on 2 separate machines and when the blockchain reload, sync & wallet re-scan was eventually done on the correct blockchain, the balances got right & stable with staking enabled and working.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Yes, same here, its wildly off, I rescanned and reloaded the blockchain and it still cant add up, it seems to be when coins are staked the maths goes wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
How can you find out if your on the right Blockchain?

I think my wallet is off the chain and is staking the old blockchain, I tested it sent 1solarcoin to an exchange and the transaction isn't showing up on the block explorer but it has 100+ confirmations. So this has led me to believe I'm on the wrong chain.

It takes 3 days for me to download the whole blockchain again so I'd rather not to that unless I really have to.

So far I've closed it and rescaned the wallet but and now I'm reloading the blockchain.

Is there a way to see if I'm on the right chain.  Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

You can easily check if you are on the correct chain by comparing the block height on the block explorer and the one on the wallet. Simply hover the mouse over the staking symbol at the bottom of your wallet (for about 2 seconds) and it will show you what block you are currently on.
I noticed I was not on the correct chain because my wallet was about 300 blocks behind what it said on the block explorer

You can do all of this in the wallet. Just check what the newest block is under the blockchain tab and then check what block you are at by hovering the mouse over the staking icon

It usually takes like 24h to reload the entire chain but if you try doing it the exact same way as I mentioned above it might also work for you.

It's working on the right chain now, did a rescan and reload. I lost the last 2 days of interest too. Thanks for the reply Smiley hovering over the staking symbol was my first thought but it's not working and still isn't even after I've closed and reloaded the wallet, might have to restart the computer to get it all working fresh again.

e2a: All good now Smiley
Im In the process of moving my Solarcoin directory. Thank you Nomadseif for showing us how to do this  Smiley

Does anyone know if I can delete the bootstrap.zip file? Im pretty sure it's just the file that extracts when you reload the blockchain but im not sure.

I think my wallet is off the chain and is staking the old blockchain, I tested it sent 1solarcoin to an exchange and the transaction isn't showing up on the block explorer but it has 100+ confirmations. So this has led me to believe I'm on the wrong chain.

It takes 3 days for me to download the whole blockchain again so I'd rather not to that unless I really have to.

So far I've closed it and rescaned the wallet but and now I'm reloading the blockchain.

Is there a way to see if I'm on the right chain.  Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

You can easily check if you are on the correct chain by comparing the block height on the block explorer and the one on the wallet. Simply hover the mouse over the staking symbol at the bottom of your wallet (for about 2 seconds) and it will show you what block you are currently on.
I noticed I was not on the correct chain because my wallet was about 300 blocks behind what it said on the block explorer

You can do all of this in the wallet. Just check what the newest block is under the blockchain tab and then check what block you are at by hovering the mouse over the staking icon

It usually takes like 24h to reload the entire chain but if you try doing it the exact same way as I mentioned above it might also work for you.

Is there a way to see if I'm on the right chain.  Thanks in advance for anyhelp.
Back up and running already! Here is what I did (took less than 45 minutes)

Step 1: Close your wallet
First I backed up my Wallet.dat and the peers.dat and then I deleted everything the the Solarcoin except the wallet.dat file.
I then reopened my wallet just to find out that I had 0 connections (probably because I also deleted the peers.dat file)
I the proceeded by pressing reload blockchain and let the wallet restart. (I noticed I still have 0 connections but it says in sync)
Then I closed the wallet again and replaced the peers.dat file I had backed up with the one that has been newly created by the application.
I reopened my wallet and there you go. I was fully synced to the main chain and and already back and staking!

I also had to do a rescan because my coins were not all showing up Smiley

Hope this helps

Edit: I'm missing 2 days of interest payments though  Shocked If only I had seen this sooner (Feels just like back in the days when I came home only to notice all of my miners had randomly turned off or overheated haha)

1446431 for some reason i am stuck at this block with no hope in sight  Undecided

update***
completly uninstalled solarcoin again

Re downloaded fresh wallet and did not import my wallet used the new one that comes with new install everything was good until i got stuck on same block lol

Restoring windows on the notebook maybe this will help

There's definitely some compatibility issues in this release. My little netbook running windows 7 is running great. Can't get it working on my xp build. It was working (the xp machine) for a few days after "tricking" it with 2.1.1 then upgrading with a fully synchronized wallet, but it crashed and went back to not synching up properly again. Looking for a patch soon.

I think it's a forking issue: many of the wallets that are already updated to 2.1.6 are still connecting&staking on the 2.1.1 blockchain, so both forks still go in parallel.
One of my active wallets did it, too, even though it had been on the right blockchain for quite a while. I am now trying to put it back on the 2.1.6 blockchain - reloaded blockchain from the bootstrap, disabled staking, connected only to correctly synced 2.1.6 nodes, now will try to resume staking. We have to be checking our wallets for syncing against the blockchain explorer and manually bring them back on the right blockchain (if needed) to help the 2.1.6 hard fork establish itself faster on the network.

added observation: after a wallet re-scan, when staking resumes balances on the Overview page get completely out of whack - this happens ONLY IF the wallet is STILL on the WRONG blockchain.

Well I just checked one of my wallets and it looks like it also forked..Don't know for how long I was off the main blockchain but im reloading now, maybe my wallet was causing some of the issues regarding those who had problems syncing again. Anyway reloading now and I should be back up in a few hours
Activity: 32
Hi guys. I have been away for a while.
Do we have to update the wallet? Mine seems to be working just fine.
I am contributing 250,000 to Lyke. Is anyone else doing this?
Cheers

I would contribute also, but I never heard back.

hey - I received a reply https://lykke.com/LykkeSLRAgreement.pdf
The Deadline is 11/11
There isn't any particular sign up for it as far as I can see. Just send SLR to the pool contribution address? Seems a bit loose?
Does anyone know how do Lykke generate income? (0% commission)
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Thanks for everyones help i just downloaded 2.1.1 got it up to date then installed 2.1.6 and now it looks like its working!

Grin

I forgot i also had to reinstall windows 10
Pages:
Jump to: