Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 185. (Read 298777 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This is a calculation I use to estimate the value of a coin based on the mining difficulty alone:

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

A decent day of mining yields around $75 at 5 Mh/s.

Current BTC price: $785

$75/ $785 = 0.09554 BTC / 600 SMC = 0.0001592 BTC / SMC

So roughly 6280 SMC / 1 BTC

This of course excludes what future coin prices could be, but it does give you a look at current mining profitability and where the coin is trading at.

Let me know what you guys think!

Mining a new untested coin and one which is not on an exchange is riskier than mining a coin that is on an established exchange, therefore it should command a premium price for the extra risk involved, as in more than .0001592

False. It is much risk for buyer, not for miner. That is why price should be less.

BTW, how can I receive my 60 SMC bonus?

Miner has the risk at wasted opportunity cost.  Buyers and miners have risk, that's why there is potential for greater reward for both (at the time).

Yes, but miner loses only electricity and buyers loses electricity+miners margin. If miners believe in coin they shoudln't sell, but if they sell, then they don't believe in it, then why buyers should believe and buy? If you sell, you think that it is weak, then put lower price thats all.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
This is a calculation I use to estimate the value of a coin based on the mining difficulty alone:

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

This of course excludes what future coin prices could be, but it does give you a look at current mining profitability and where the coin is trading at.

Mining a new untested coin and one which is not on an exchange is riskier than mining a coin that is on an established exchange, therefore it should command a premium price for the extra risk involved, as in more than .0001592

False. It is much risk for buyer, not for miner. That is why price should be less.

Miner has the risk at wasted opportunity cost.  Buyers and miners have risk, that's why there is potential for greater reward for both (at the time).
Activity: 182

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

Activity: 277

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

As a miner I am pleased with the ~$180 / day rate my rig is turning out right now. However, from a trader perspective, the current market price of .00038 seems a little high to buy in at and is only propped up by that 4.5BTC order at .00035. I'll wait he pulls out before entering any money into the market.   
Activity: 130

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
Is there any way I can +1, bump, vote or something similar for your rep?

I guess you could click the Trust link next to my name? :-) And spread the word on P2Pool, it needs more nodes :-)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

Activity: 277

5 Mh/s ~ 600 SMC / day

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
http://smc.bitcrush.info/
Down, is that coming back up anymore?

Lets wait and see if the owner responds with an update. The pool may be down for the night or  It may be another pool heist.

Activity: 219
Merit: 102
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

North American Pool
http://smartcoin.cryptotycoons.com is up and Running!!!
0% Fees
0.0001 SMC Tx Fee
Come join now!!!
DDOS protection
over 3.0 Ths bandwidth!
Enterprise Hardware!
Currently sitting at over 80 MH/s
Come Join us over at CryptoTycoons!!!

SmartCoin.CryptoTycoons.com is ready for your hash!! =D

CryptoTycoons Coin Giveaway:
Beginning Tomorrow, 10 SMC will be rewarded to a block finder every hour!!!

Come to CryptoTycoons and win some extra SMC!!!
legendary
Invest in your knowledge
i'm to late.. if u can, give some smc to start... SXV6FddXGBVJts4fXhZx4rpsWQZmbY4W1c thanks!

Please don't post your address in the thread. The offical giveaway has ended, and they are in the progress of sending out everyone who entered before the launch.

If you want to be involved in a smartcoin giveaway, please go to the offical forums. There is a giveaway in progress for supporting a cryptsy vote.

http://smartcoinforum.com/viewforum.php?f=4
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
will wait for cryptsy if people keeps on selling below .0005  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
i hope cryptsy stops taking premined coins.

There is greedy pre-mine then there is a good pre-mine. If the devs are willing to work and promote their coin, then i have no problem with it. If there is no pre-mine, there is no incentive to really keep the coin updated, healthy and promote a fruitful community to support the coin.

Everyone has their own opinion on pre-mined coins anyways.

+1
legendary
Invest in your knowledge
i hope cryptsy stops taking premined coins.

There is greedy pre-mine then there is a good pre-mine. If the devs are willing to work and promote their coin, then i have no problem with it. If there is no pre-mine, there is no incentive to really keep the coin updated, healthy and promote a fruitful community to support the coin.

Everyone has their own opinion on pre-mined coins anyways.
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary
Invest in your knowledge
Activity: 910
Has anyone been able to get into contact with the dev? i've PM'd him 3 days in a row now, and have not received a response...  Huh

dev is sleeping. Hopefully a eTOK relapse won't happen with this.
I see he posted 2 hours ago; which means he saw 2 of my 3 PMs.

He has replied to a few of mine, I am assuming he is getting hundreds of PM's though. Must be rather taxing just give him time im sure it will all work out Smiley

On a side note, seems that dumpers have slowly got rid of their coins and prices are rising Smiley
I'm available on the IRC almost 24/7. I normally check PMs and deem whether their urgent based on what I'm doing at the moment. After that I get flooded with more PMs asking "whers da coins?" and it gets lost. I'm looking at them right now. I now have to look at 2 forums, 2 IRC channels, and manage an email account. It's pretty hectic.

Understood =)
i'll go over to the IRC and hit you up.
Or you could just message me here; whichever works. I am trying to collect my bounty for setting up a pool prelaunch.
Jump to: