Pages:
Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 2. (Read 298754 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

About the premine, the dev should sell them to cut his losses, whats another 100k going to do to this coin?
Dev should sell the premine? Are you mental or are you the dev himself?

Its worth so little now, like 0.2 BTC. Let him take what is left from his 6 BTC investment. He did put time into this coin and can no longer continue due to his REAL life job. Shit happens but wouldn't be nice to leave with something?

You could buy a million SMC for 2 BTC at the current rate. Our market cap is almost 10,000$!!!

With 25 BTC you could buy all SMC that exists. Your worried about the 100k premin worth less than a 100$? If the Dev is telling the truth and invested 6 BTC he leaves with nothing?
I don't care if he invested 100 BTC, it was his risk and honestly he didn't do a good job at all plus he was lying to us. And to anyone saying we were sitting on our arses doing nothing, I can just laugh about that, you obviously havent been in the IRC channel. Several people were working on different projects for SMC including new websites etc, one of them actually looked really good but dev refused it for whatever reason, even though his own site looked like shit.

Besides, I don't believe him anyway.

The only reason he actually winded up here again after having disappeared is probably because these internet kids were threatening him and he actually got scared because his profile was here. It's clearly wrong to threaten somebody but on the other side I can understand their anger. It's not about this coin failing or you quitting, it's about HOW you quit. You caused a mess by changing the reward, not compiling a windows wallet and then left without saying a word. That's fucked up...
Activity: 952
Merit: 500

About the premine, the dev should sell them to cut his losses, whats another 100k going to do to this coin?

Its worth so little now, like 0.2 BTC. Let him take what is left from his 6 BTC investment. He did put time into this coin and can no longer continue due to his REAL life job. Shit happens but wouldn't be nice to leave with something?

You could buy a million SMC for 2 BTC at the current rate. Our market cap is almost 10,000$!!!

With 25 BTC you could buy all SMC that exists. Your worried about the 100k premin worth less than a 100$? If the Dev is telling the truth and invested 6 BTC he leaves with nothing?
Activity: 68

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 34
It seems to me that WE ALL are in SmartCoin for the WRONG reasons.

The reason bitcoin, or dogecoin, or litecoin succeeded was because there was real passion and motive behind it, which was to change the world and the financial system to a fairer and more transparent system.

Just by reading the posts here and the vibe that the majority of the posters on here are is the opposite of "smart". In fact, it seems like the only people who bought into SmartCoin are degenerates, gamblers, and just people looking for a quick buck... This is the same attitude as people who are on government welfare programs. Look at how far these type of people get in life.. Not far at all.

If you all want SmartCoin to get back in the game, we ALL as a whole must change the way and the reason why we spend our time and energy on SmartCoin. Whether it be for a special interests groups, or to try to change the cryptocurrency scene for the better, or just to make real world transactions.... at least these reasons have real passion behind it.

I suggest we take small steps to get this back in the game:
1) Find a motivated and passionate Dev to fix the wallets and decide which fork we will choose (I recommend the old fork)
2) Let's start approaching public figures or celebrities to endorse this coin. (One person that comes up to mind is Peter Schiff. He is an economic genious who strongly believes in the gold standard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff or even Jeremy Lin, NBA Player and Harvard grad)
3) We must develop sites or ecommerce businesses that support SmartCoin because that is what will really give SmartCoin its value.
4) And lastly NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

If we all as a whole come together and follow these steps, I PROMISE you all that SmartCoin will survive and eventually make its way back to it's original price and more. The key is to be PERSISTENT.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
This is a huge mess, some people are on the old fork, others on the new fork. Some pools still didn't change to the new fork. Cryptsy still on the old fork and not responding or changing to the new fork.

Its not their fault nor the dev fault well alittle since he's been busy with work but I this is caused by the appearance of a shitload of new coins in the past month. I mean I haven't been following the crypto scene lately and I was just taking a look at coinmarketcap and noticed there's so many new coins now.

Pool owners keep creating new pools for each coin, exchanges adding coins non-stop. Now when a pool owner has 50 pools for different coins how the hell are they suppose to follow each coin's development like wallet updates or forks? This goes to exchanges too.

This reminds of the paid-to-click scene a few years back. Same thing is happening but in a different form: cryptocurrencies.

I invested in SMC about 2 BTC~1600$ at the time and my investment is currently sitting at about 30$.

Investing in cryptos especially alt cryptos besides litecoin is the worst and riskiest investment there is. Gambling is considered a safer investment compared to crpytos.

I've already written off my losses but still holding my SMC, in my eyes my investment is gone. If SMC manages to come back I'll be happy with the free cash I make.

No one should complain or flame the dev, when you investment into cryptos you knew the risks.

Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
The ex-Dev is right. Everyone must understand that investments of any kind are risky, especially with cryptocurrencies even more so. Profits are NEVER guaranteed so stop blaming the ex-Dev. Making threats won't solve anything. At the same time, these threats should not be responded with inaction just to get back at the hecklers.

I think a fair solution for everyone involved is to get SmartCoin back on track with an official fork and a working wallet, and after that the ex-Dev should not be responsible for anything. After that, at least the SmartCoin has a chance to go through free market fluctuations that anyone can take a risk buying in with.

Let's go back to the old Logo and fork if we have to. The logo wasn't that bad to begin with. The problem was the ineffective marketing. That can change with the right people getting involved.

Does that sound fair to everyone?

Even though most of what you say are true, the dev. does have a responsibility to find someone to replace him when he quits... he can't just stand up and walk out when he feels like it. That's very irresponsible. At the same time, I feel for the dev. because he does have a lot of responsibilities. But he shouldn't start what he can't finish.

Indeed. To the ex-Dev, please don't take any threats too seriously and just get SMC back on track. You were smart enough to know how launch SMC, but surely you were not ready for the hard times/turbulence as any job or product or journey will entail. This is a good learning experience to give you a taste for the real world. Just understand at times you have to be persistent and have thick skin to make it anywhere in life. Don't give up so easily. Remember the time Bitcoin collapsed a few times in its early years.... Look at where it is now. Surely no one gave up. Giving up is the worse option!

I'm trying my best, so far no one has stepped up to try to take over. I'm willing to transfer the domain, twitter, github, and the premine to anyone who is willing to take over.
I wrote to ahmedbodi
I hope he answer soon

I got an email from the old marketer that he is getting death threats and you and metsjtwhatever are talking about hiring hitmen.

I am not treating this as fun. If you think you can just throw that word around and our personal information and threaten to kill us I won't hesitate to call the appropriate authorities. I suggest you and metsjstl stop right now. Sure, you know our names, but stop there before it gets even worse.

Bad investments happen, I never made a promise of any potential price. I realize now I was unfit for this commitment and expectations. You guys "investing" in the coin did not invest in me, so don't call it that. You invested in the free market, some held less time and won, and some didn't including me. I have not made a single penny from SMC. In fact I'm out about 6 BTC later trying to support the price. I am a victim too, but instead I am q victim of myself.

Hahahahah
I pooped my pants a lil.
I'm offering 1000 euro for the personal information of ag or smartcoin.
I know some sick dudes on silkroad in usa and the uk.

Leave him alone, Met.

This type of behaviour isn't helping anyone.

If you want better advice, I advise you to invest that 1000 Euros on finding a new Dev who is willing to put in the time to do a good job for the long haul.
The ex-Dev is right. Everyone must understand that investments of any kind are risky, especially with cryptocurrencies even more so. Profits are NEVER guaranteed so stop blaming the ex-Dev. Making threats won't solve anything. At the same time, these threats should not be responded with inaction just to get back at the hecklers.

I think a fair solution for everyone involved is to get SmartCoin back on track with an official fork and a working wallet, and after that the ex-Dev should not be responsible for anything. After that, at least the SmartCoin has a chance to go through free market fluctuations that anyone can take a risk buying in with.

Let's go back to the old Logo and fork if we have to. The logo wasn't that bad to begin with. The problem was the ineffective marketing. That can change with the right people getting involved.

Even though most of what you say are true, the dev. does have a responsibility to find someone to replace him when he quits... he can't just stand up and walk out when he feels like it. That's very irresponsible. At the same time, I feel for the dev. because he does have a lot of responsibilities. But he shouldn't start what he can't finish.

Indeed. To the ex-Dev, please don't take any threats too seriously and just get SMC back on track. You were smart enough to know how launch SMC, but surely you were not ready for the hard times/turbulence as any job or product or journey will entail. This is a good learning experience to give you a taste for the real world. Just understand at times you have to be persistent and have thick skin to make it anywhere in life. Don't give up so easily. Remember the time Bitcoin collapsed a few times in its early years.... Look at where it is now. Surely no one gave up. Giving up is the worse option!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.

+++++++++++++++++++++111111111111111111111111111111111
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

Activity: 490
I wrote to ahmedbodi
I hope he answer soon

I got an email from the old marketer that he is getting death threats and you and metsjtwhatever are talking about hiring hitmen.

I am not treating this as fun. If you think you can just throw that word around and our personal information and threaten to kill us I won't hesitate to call the appropriate authorities. I suggest you and metsjstl stop right now. Sure, you know our names, but stop there before it gets even worse.

Bad investments happen, I never made a promise of any potential price. I realize now I was unfit for this commitment and expectations. You guys "investing" in the coin did not invest in me, so don't call it that. You invested in the free market, some held less time and won, and some didn't including me. I have not made a single penny from SMC. In fact I'm out about 6 BTC later trying to support the price. I am a victim too, but instead I am q victim of myself.

guys please get a life and grow up... There is no need to speak/threaten like this!                                    Will you please find the time and work hard in finding us a new dev so this coin can be revived!! That will sort a lot of this out!!
Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
I wrote to ahmedbodi
I hope he answer soon

legendary
Activity: 1120
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
We need to come up with something big to make this even above 750 satos. again  Undecided goddamit i put a little bit to much money into this coin ...

that would mean an over 300% increase from the current highest buy order on Poloniex (even tho the last trade there as 03/29, the coin is dead over there). On cryptsy, there is at least a little trading, but it's next to nothing, and the value is also crashing. The main problem is: Noone really knows if the coins will be on the correct fork. There was a rushed decision to create a fork with lowered block reward. But the code was just submitted, and thats it.

Before the 16 coin block reward, it was not worth mining this coin because you would lose money due to the power costs. With the reward only beeing 25% of the original reward (and price lost another 50% in the meantime)...well...you do the math.

I think the only hope for the bagholders is, that someone decides to make a quick pump & dump with this coin. That would give you the chance to give the bag to another person Tongue But I highly doubt that this coin has any future. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will soon be delisted from the exchanges because of the risk beeing on the wrong fork (which is bad for your customers), and the next to none trading volume.
Activity: 13
We need to come up with something big to make this even above 750 satos. again  Undecided goddamit i put a little bit to much money into this coin ...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Hi
Anyone knows something about this github repo https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/smartcoin
someone has got busy and fix something in the code, but why did not share with us ....
Maybe soon we will have new great news?
see this
https://github.com/CryptoRepairCrew/smartcoin/commits/master
It would appear that we are going back to the old wallet fork and then forking to 16 coins/block at block 150,000.  Am I reading this correctly?  Or are these just suggested changes?

this person /ahmedbodi / should be post here, why would someone change the code and not reported it anywhere
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Guys, I have just posted a new topic seeking a new dev... Pls help and post your support.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552816.new#new

It is a shame that SMC came to this point ! It is a shame of the dev, too !
smartcoin is already happy coz he already made his money and get away with it !
Activity: 490
Guys, I have just posted a new topic seeking a new dev... Pls help and post your support.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552816.new#new
Pages:
Jump to: