Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin | Next generation currency | continued development - page 73. (Read 157102 times)

Activity: 465
Merit: 254
psionin

wallet link on OP is for older wallet, I have 1.3.2. from you, which should we have?

The version iteration at the beginning was done kind of incorrectly, so I decided to switch back to the original pattern. Also it's easier to keep track since it's based on Litecoin 0.8.6.9.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
psionin

wallet link on OP is for older wallet, I have 1.3.2. from you, which should we have?
What is the smart grid? - by Scientific American

Something to think about - what kind of "smart" features can be implemented in a crypto currency?

Edit: I think my proposal was a bit short and I try to sum it up a bit better:

When I think about Smart, it's needed to make Cryptocurrencies easier to use for "regular" users. I remember having a talk with my sister some days ago explaining her how Ccs work etc and she was confused about having to download a wallet etc. Having an official webwallet would make things way easier for regular users, since it's more comfortable, hdd/ssd space disk saving and accessible from everywhere.
A second awesome thing would be the possibility to give your adresses unique names, which are way easier to handle.
But still and this is important, preserve the option of choice for these kind of features.

ps: still begging for an IRC channel  Cry

What do you think?

I was thinking more along the lines of the core technology, but yes, it would be good to have an online wallet service like https://blockchain.info/wallet.
Hi all,

We would like to inform you about adding SMC coin to the Voting List on modern exchange AskCoin.Net:

Make sure to follow us on Twitter,

AskCoin.Net Team

Awesome, thanks. Registered and voted.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Something to think about - what kind of "smart" features can be implemented in a crypto currency?

Edit: I think my proposal was a bit short and I try to sum it up a bit better:

When I think about Smart, it's needed to make Cryptocurrencies easier to use for "regular" users. I remember having a talk with my sister some days ago explaining her how Ccs work etc and she was confused about having to download a wallet etc. Having an official webwallet would make things way easier for regular users, since it's more comfortable, hdd/ssd space disk saving and accessible from everywhere.
A second awesome thing would be the possibility to give your adresses unique names, which are way easier to handle.
But still and this is important, preserve the option of choice for these kind of features.

ps: still begging for an IRC channel  Cry

What do you think?

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Just a reminder: vote on mintpal, we are now @ 70th position.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Still here, and still own 100k+ SMC as well. haven't sold one since launch. thanks for taking this on psionin.
Any ideas about what made the SmartCoin search term spike after launch? Couldn't have been just the announcement thread, could it?

At that time, were were active on IRC, reddit. twitter etc.. not just on here
Activity: 658
Merit: 1003
Any ideas about what made the SmartCoin search term spike after launch? Couldn't have been just the announcement thread, could it?

No official ETA, but probably August.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
when will the X11 fork come?

Yes please any kind of timetable?
when will the X11 fork come?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
MAKE ME RICH PSioniN!
Activity: 182
Alright guys, some progress. I set up a dedicated node on a VPS server, set up a DNS seeder, and updated the client code with the address, so the reported sync issues should not occur any longer.

The new release can be downloaded here: https://github.com/psionin/smartcoin/releases/tag/0.8.6.9

Additionally, the ECSDA keys I posted earlier should be okay to use for the Android version, as they are in the new release without issues.

The changes merged from Litecoin should also be good to have, as the previous code was quite outdated, and there have been numerous bug fixes and improvements, and this should give us a stable code base for the upcoming X11 fork.

If you have a chance, please update your client and let me know if there are any issues.

Excellent work!  The wallet syncs with no issues.
you are going to be happy you got 'stuck' with those coins. Its obvious that we have a skilled Dev that is now dedicating serious time to this project. The community is growing again. 

Is this crap ever going to rise? I got stuck with 14,200 when coinex got 'hacked'/scammed w/e....... T_T I'm sad.....

I have a feeling it might, SMC has always had a fairly strong community it seemed like.  Thats why I kept buying even when the price fell.  Hopefully it will be a good thing coinex went down and I was lucky enough to even get them out of there hahaha.   I am hesitant to dump because I feel like iif I wait it could be worth at least 1 BTC.......
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
you are going to be happy you got 'stuck' with those coins. Its obvious that we have a skilled Dev that is now dedicating serious time to this project. The community is growing again. 

Is this crap ever going to rise? I got stuck with 14,200 when coinex got 'hacked'/scammed w/e....... T_T I'm sad.....
Psio do you have a vector or psd verison of the logo?

Edit: just made one myself, well at least the best I could do:
http://i.cubeupload.com/Vq2X6w.png
Pages:
Jump to: