Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 11. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Is it really true that this is the best stealth/anonymous coin? And what advantages does it have against zencash and monero (both of them have been said to be the best at their job)?

I'm asking because price's been really stubborn past few days, honestly, people should be aware of this by now, dev team looks good, software looks good, when will this get the attention it deserves?

You can't really say something like "the best" in this context. There are different approaches that each come with their own advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately I am not expert enough to tell the advantages/disadvantages of the ring signature implementations used in Monero vs. here. An advantage of Spectre is that all nodes run on the Tor network, so there is some advantage in network privacy (finding out which IPs are running nodes on the network).
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Spectre should take some notes from sumokoin. Painless gui install on linux, no cutouts while syncing. Extreme quality Id like to see with spectrecoin
Activity: 98
Thanks for the updated Cheesy Have a nice day Wink
Activity: 56
Thanks Gandalf
Coin Mage
Hi,
do anybody know what "Generated but not accepted" means when Stake transaction is marked by such text? Of course I didn't get staked XSPECs. It happened twice to me so far.
I'm running the client on a computer connected by wifi, couldn't it play some role (network latency)?
I'm just not happy of this happening.

Thanks.

It's a general phenomenon of Proof-of-Stake. See the last paragraph here: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake#why-is-my-stake-conflicted-or-not-accepted

It doesn't have anything to do with your computer or network, there is nothing you can do about it. It just happens.
Activity: 18
I 'll follow Gandalf anywhere.

Love what Spectre has to offer... once the comparisons of this privacy coin vs others become known it will surely gain steam!
Activity: 56
Hi,
do anybody know what "Generated but not accepted" means when Stake transaction is marked by such text? Of course I didn't get staked XSPECs. It happened twice to me so far.
I'm running the client on a computer connected by wifi, couldn't it play some role (network latency)?
I'm just not happy of this happening.

Thanks.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
Doubts about the fork?

I am answering questions on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/8dr3am/all_about_the_fork_xspec_wisp/

Also in the XSPEC Discord:

https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m

Cool, thanks for transparency. Openness helps to create confidence in this project.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
WISP is just an exit scam for JBG and his croonies. As they are no longer funded by the free XSPEC staking donations, they and WISP will disappear along with other lame excuses for not delivering on the WISP project as well. For example, just look at the shite xspec website they gave us!

I can't say you are wrong. But The time will tell us what is right. Let's wait for the final truth. Anyway, glad to see at least "Old" XSPEC will continue.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
WISP is just an exit scam for JBG and his croonies. As they are no longer funded by the free XSPEC staking donations, they and WISP will disappear along with other lame excuses for not delivering on the WISP project as well. For example, just look at the shite xspec website they gave us!
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Doubts about the fork?

I am answering questions on XSPEC Discord:

https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Stealth staking was supposed to come out next month, right?

How is that coming along?  Wink

You must ask @jbg in the Wisp Discord.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Stealth staking was supposed to come out next month, right?

How is that coming along?  Wink
Activity: 12
Merit: 27
I am looking forward to both projects succeeding and plan to support both.

IMO, both projects have a lot to prove, but both seem motivated with enthusiastic teams.  I hope there is some rivalry when it comes to delivering.  It will make both teams work that much harder.  I am going to be picking up some cheap coins after both sides dump on each other after the fork, and look forward to both XSPEC and WISP moving on from this dramatic event.  Hopefully sanity and maturity will return at some point.
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
If I understand correctly, the new wallet (WISP) is under construct by jbg. Is there any other dev except jbg for WISP project?

Yes there are some other people interested in coding, for example "shaybix". But there isn't much to do for them yet

Gandalf, you could answer questions about Wisp in another BCT topic. Why do you use this topic Spectrecoin for information about another coin?

I am really just a spectator here, but:

Why are you getting upset at Gandalf for answering questions about Wisp here when you're the main person asking them here? You could PM him or simply ignore him if you don't want Wisp information to appear in this thread.
Activity: 308
If I understand correctly, the new wallet (WISP) is under construct by jbg. Is there any other dev except jbg for WISP project?

Yes there are some other people interested in coding, for example "shaybix". But there isn't much to do for them yet

Gandalf, you could answer questions about Wisp in another BCT topic. Why do you use this topic Spectrecoin for information about another coin?
Coin Mage

Yes there are some other people interested in coding, for example "shaybix". But there isn't much to do for them yet.

Ok Gandalf.
I've got one more question. Why do not you create a separate topic for the wisp project?
When will you create a separate BCT topic for wisp and will there inform people about the wisp project?
Talking about the wisp project and about the scammer Jbg here makes a bad reputation for the project spectrecoin.

As someone said before, because Wisp doesn't exist yet. There is no own wallet, no own blockchain yet. But we will discuss about making a PRE-ANN, thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 308
Ok Gandalf.
I've got one more question. Why do not you create a separate topic for the wisp project?
When will you create a separate BCT topic for wisp and will there inform people about the wisp project?
Talking about the wisp project and about the scammer Jbg here makes a bad reputation for the project spectrecoin.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
gandalf and others from Wisp can only lie or run away from direct questions and not answer

Gandalf I can repeat the question:
Why when did Mandica offer assistance in creating wallet 1.4, then Jbg refused the help of another programmer? Although he delayed the release of this wallet for four months and this assistance was needed.

and I suggest that Gandalf answer my question.

Why did Jbg refuse from help other devs that could speed up the release of wallet 1.4, since Jbg made a delay of 4 months?

I am happy to answer your question. To my knowledge, jbg did not refuse any help. So asking for a "why" doesn't make sense. The code for 1.4 was not pushed to Github yet, because it was mixed with stealth staking additions locally and wasn't ready to be pushed at that time. Later it wasn't released because Mandica appeared on the scene and various disagreements happened.

Hope that helps. Smiley

Hi Gandalf86,
Is there a forum on Bitcointalk regarding WISP please? or any other info like Web site,  discord. I would like to follow this project
Thanks,

There will be a Bitcointalk ANN with a wallet download when the fork has been implemented and tested, which is also the time when we can announce the actual fork date. The Discord is linked here: https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki

Pages:
Jump to: