Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 71. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I am not even sure if I am in the correct forum here, I bought SXS coins in the ICO which have been swapped to SXS2 and have to exchange them soon to either SXU or SXD is this the correct forum please, if it is I can't find any information on which could be the better swap for me.
SXU = Utility
SXD = Dividend

That's all I know I have searched the FAQ's in most places any clue would be great

Thanks in advance
Activity: 48
How can I join the Slack group of Spectrecoin ?
Can anyone link me ?

Hey guys,See ann user's signature
Activity: 48
Hey guys, since I am not very technical, and I would like to ask you for a short technical comparison of the Verge vs. Spectrecoin. Unfortunately was not able to find comparison on http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin

I was checking it out, and it looks similar to spectre, and I am wondering if the Anonymity technology is superior, or Transactions per second is superior. Thank you
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
What makes this privacy coin special compered to all the other ones??
After updating 1.3.4, all transactions on the stealth address in the wallet will be full anonymous. Also wallet uses tor + obfs4 network, which can work in countries where TOR is prohibited. Also there is PoS technology, which allows you to increase your balance by 5-10% per year and for this you do not need to have a very expensive PC, just have a simple PC.
Activity: 308
Can anyone link me ?
You must register in Slack and then paste in the search for the name of our main channel: #general_xspec_only
 and join this channel
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
What makes this privacy coin special compered to all the other ones??
Activity: 7
Can anyone link me ?
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
my apologies, newsletter was current at the time released in Slack.....roadmap was updated yesterday. v1.3.4 is due anyday now.
If you'd like to check updated roadmap you can see.
There was other info in the newsletter I wanted to get out.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
On vacation so this week's news was delayed....of course we invite you to join the huge community on Slack
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, December 9th – Saturday, December 16th

A huge expansion of SpectreProject Slack - Welcome to all the new Members of this dynamic community.  

Immo-Manolo, Fronzio, Lokib, arteon, dre, arayich, alexsithomas, Jowblob2, Julien, Bubalus, Dante, friedchicken, df, lennonvc, oliver.kaartinen, Keyare, vjeranc, limbo, abernal, Shane F rakes, Felix Palm, 639bB, faimon96, Sonbrak, Topi, tbold, Clarke, btcking123, nikkonone, chvdvelde, shaine, sander_jonathan, manuel_gosseye, Yecan, NeverPussy, ILoveNikola, George, Midnightrun, frank, Ray, ve sche, n2g56, Scott, dgreavesukother, lv.avilesp, Stopbeingreedy, n0daylight, Goldenfleece, Felix, Sixte, SCAR_8, djphil12, Espectre Patronum, Spencer, Keith, hegs, cryptocurious, lasseterproductions, StrangestTribe, mattv88, nexttrade.dev, r4d0n, scienide, Jake P, JNDoofus, AussieBrent, ypuntot, Keato, stevesmarie, tylerb366, billylau6, KLemz, Mil, Babber, Crypt0, Mbk, will, Emile, Burak, mont0, ubettercall, Redrace, Teemu S, MC, and Izzy

The community now stands at 1,109 Members

The Reddit and telegram communities are also thriving even though they are newer.
Both are well over 200 members and going up everyday. For many its their first stop on the way to the Slack community.

Developer Nutz and Boltz -  It’s one of those times where I almost don’t know where to start.

As we finish up the news….This just in from @jbg the projectmanager/lead dev
“the first automatic staking donation transactions have happened on the live network
v1.3.4 with this functionality & other fixes will be released this week.”

First a review of upcoming releases for new and old time users
1.3.4 (Imminent)
Minor bugfixes and performance improvements
Updated node list for more reliable syncing
Updated Tor to the latest version
Introduction of a donation slider allowing donation of a percentage of staking rewards to the developers
Major sync performance improvements
Memory use reduction through the removal of QtWebKit (important for the performance of the Android wallet)
Packages for popular Linux distributions

2.0 (Q1 2018)
Stealth addresses and transactions become the default.
Further features and improvements to be announced.
2.1 (Q2 2018)
Initial Android release

I hope this helps everyone see how things are lining up and please understand…..The devs are doing things as quickly and accurately as possible. We’re fortunate to have two “world class” devs and they do things right….no unfinished code will be pushed out the door. Exact dates are not available as testing and bug squashing can cause some delays. Just watch the announcements-news channel in Slack for the latest.

I know the entire community appreciates the increased presence of @jbg in Slack and his help and explanations not only about all things SpectreCoin [xspec] but, other information and tidbits about crypto in a friendly easy to understand way. I know I learn something almost everyday from him.

SpectreCoin News - The success of our own Marketing group effort to coordinate as a team back on December 6th has been stunning. If anyone is interested in becoming involved with SpectreCoin marketing join Slack and contact @trainasauruswrecks (who is the driving force there), @srqrebel, @thethundergoose or @rkh (key members there as well).

Growth in new community members, lots of experienced savvy investors (who really understand the tech of xspec or want to learn) and now SpectreCoin [xspec] is starting to take its rightful place among privacy coins as the “Tech First” project.

And did I mentioned a new ATH as well as a retrace to new substantial floor for the next ride up? Wow….just WOW!

Congratulations to trainasauruswrecks and everyone on the marketing team, it really proves that community based marketing is truly the best.

In bisq news….SpectreCoin [xspec] is NOW available in the 6.2 release. Please visit
Bisq-the P2P exchange to learn more. It is suggested to read their faq and get familiar with bisq. Being a decentralized exchange...its a little different to use but gives people privacy not found on centralized exchanges.

In closing….It figures all the excitement happens when I’m away and have poor net connections and service. Maybe I should go out of town more often! LoL

Things should improve in a few days though..

Everyone have a Xspectacular Christmas!  

Beachguy

“People say it's a Ponzi scheme, it's a bubble. People really don't want to take it seriously. At some point, that narrative will shift to 'virtual currencies are here to stay.’ ”

Cameron Winklevoss

Activity: 6
Can I withdraw XSPEX from cryptopia balance to desktop wallet? (1.3.3)
Some users of cryptopia is saying that XSPEX not arrived.
anyone know this issue?

I just withdrew to my wallet from cryptopia and it worked flawlessly. Can you send to the stealth address from cryptopia as well? Is there any reason ever not to always only use the stealth address? Is the stealth address and default address essentially like two wallets, in that they each hold balances?
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
Hello there, I am completely new to cryptocurrencies and Spectrecoin, therefore I would be extremely thankful if anyone can link me some useful information of how Spectrecoin basically works.

Is trading BTC to XSPEC the only way to get a Spectrecoin ? If not, what other ways are there ?
Also, how does the sale of this coin work like ? Is it possible to convert it to any value like USD/ Euro or I would need to place a sell order and wait untill some buyer buys my coin .. ?

Thank you.

Buying and selling XSPEC works the same as for any other 'alternative', i.e., non-Bitcoin, cryptocurrency. You need to convert your fiat currency of choice (USD/Euro etc.) into BTC on an exchange. Which one you choose will usually depend on your country of residence, and you'll find lots of opinions online about which ones are best. You may need to verify your account with ID. Once it's set up and you have money on the exchange, you will make an order for X BTC at Y price per unit. You can either pay the current asking price, in which case your order will be filled more or less immediately, or you can place a buy order at a lower price in the hopes that the price will come down. In the latter case, your order will remain open until it is filled, which could be in an hour, a day, a month, or never.

Once you have BTC, you will need to use that to buy XSPEC. Because XSPEC is only listed on small exchanges, this means that you will need to make an account with an exchange that trades XSPEC and send your BTC there. For XSPEC, your best bet is Cryptopia (there is also Bisq, but that is arguably more challenging for a newbie: https://bisq.network/ I will assume you go with a 'normal' exchange, but obviously up to you.). Once you have an account, you'll need to find the deposit address for BTC, and send BTC to it. Once you have BTC in your Cryptopia account, you will place an order for X XSPEC at Y price in BTC per unit, again with the same basic parameters as for the previous example. As an aside, note that there will be fees for every step in this process: the actual trades, and also the act of transferring from one place to another. Make sure you factor this into your math.

So now you have XSPEC. The next step is to download and install the wallet on a secure computer in your possession, and wait for it to sync (you will likely need to add nodes manually to get it to sync (https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections)). This will take a few hours. Once it's synced, send your XSPEC from the exchange to the address of your new wallet. Send e.g. 0.1 XSPEC as a test first, and once you have confirmed that it's working, send the rest.

After that, you'll want to encrypt your wallet with a secure password, and consider leaving it running 24/7 to stake a receive occasional 'interest' (the cost-benefit ratio of doing this will depend on how many XSPEC you have. If you have free electricity then it doesn't matter; otherwise, you'd want probably north of 500 XSPEC for it to begin to be worthwhile). That's it.

More info and a step-by-step guide here: https://medium.com/@spacemanmatt/how-to-stake-spectrecoin-xspec-5f533c73ce52
Activity: 7
Hello there, I am completely new to cryptocurrencies and Spectrecoin, therefore I would be extremely thankful if anyone can link me some useful information of how Spectrecoin basically works.

Is trading BTC to XSPEC the only way to get a Spectrecoin ? If not, what other ways are there ?
Also, how does the sale of this coin work like ? Is it possible to convert it to any value like USD/ Euro or I would need to place a sell order and wait untill some buyer buys my coin .. ?

Thank you.
My wallet has been syncing for 5 hours yet my data folder is still 15 mb. It doesn't seem to be downloading the blockchain. The network history in the debug logs show no traffic. I have added the wallet executive to the Windows firewall and it says it's connected to Tor. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

If your wallet says "Zero connections", check this out: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

The above issue should be fixed in the next (1.3.4) wallet release.

Thanks, I just found this on reddit a minute ago and it's now working Smiley
Activity: 161
My wallet has been syncing for 5 hours yet my data folder is still 15 mb. It doesn't seem to be downloading the blockchain. The network history in the debug logs show no traffic. I have added the wallet executive to the Windows firewall and it says it's connected to Tor. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

If your wallet says "Zero connections", check this out: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

The above issue should be fixed in the next (1.3.4) wallet release.

EDIT: Followed this guide and its now syncing fine: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
Is there any nodes that i can manully add to wallet? My wallet does not find any sources.
Activity: 161
I am hearing a lot from this coin and as read it thouroughly,  I can say that this really is great and worth investing.  I should buy this soon. Already marked.  Smiley

Right now is still a great time to jump onboard. Price is reasonable with massive potential upside. Development is active, community is growing and so on..
Activity: 14
Hi! I just installed the desktop wallet and have 2 questions.

1. Why is there a default wallet when first installing the wallet (winx64)? This seems unsafe from a security standpoint. Wouldn't it be better to have the user create their own wallet themselves instead of listing a default wallet? I already created a new wallet from the GUI but thinking about those who are new to crypto.

2. I have a stealth address and a "regular" address. Does this mean XSPEC has optional privacy? Is this going to change in the future?

3. Were is the blockchain stored on my computer when I sync my wallet?

PS: If there's a wiki that goes over all this I'd be happy to read, but I couldn't find answers to these questions. Thanks  Smiley
http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin  http://slack.spectreproject.io/
Hi! I just installed the desktop wallet and have 2 questions.

1. Why is there a default wallet when first installing the wallet (winx64)? This seems unsafe from a security standpoint. Wouldn't it be better to have the user create their own wallet themselves instead of listing a default wallet? I already created a new wallet from the GUI but thinking about those who are new to crypto.

2. I have a stealth address and a "regular" address. Does this mean XSPEC has optional privacy? Is this going to change in the future?

3. Were is the blockchain stored on my computer when I sync my wallet?

PS: If there's a wiki that goes over all this I'd be happy to read, but I couldn't find answers to these questions. Thanks  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: