Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 73. (Read 94854 times)

RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Hi guys,
I recently downloaded the wallet but have no connections, how can I remedy this?

Your problem should get fixed with this.

https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Hi guys,
I recently downloaded the wallet but have no connections, how can I remedy this?
Activity: 246
Merit: 10

On week later, any news about the 1.3.4 version ?

I don't speak for the xspec developer but he said this:

"1.3.4 with the new autotools build system is planned for release this week, I'll be doing Mac and Windows build testing and fixes on Monday/Tuesday".

For the lurkers, 1.3.4 Release still planned for this week.  

As above, BISQ have released XSPEC support as planned.

Sure, BISQ does not have the volume going through it right now but when Rome falls it will be one of the only ways to slip under the radar.

People can keep YOLOing into XVG because of McAfee's tweets, I won't knock the efforts of the XVG team as they align with XSPEC's however, XVG is missing many features that XSPEC already has. XVG has a roadmap but they have not executed on all the major features (yet), XSPEC has already done much of what XVG want to do. End of the day, if you want to be stealth with XVG transfers right now, today, you can't, you need XSPEC, Monero or ZCash. XSPEC costs little over $1 the other two are on the moon heading to mars.

Activity: 353
Merit: 100
Hi, when will this coin appear on Binance exchange.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
SpectreCoin is going to get implemented into BISQ DAO on TOR

with the release of version 6.2

A Privacy No One Has

Yes it is!  Cool

Activity: 22
Merit: 1
Question, is it best to download the current wallet (1.3.3) or wait for version 1.4; purchased some XSPEC though don't want to go through two cycles of wallet transfers if next release is imminent. Leaving it on an exchange doesn't bode well either. Thanks.
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
SpectreCoin is going to get implemented into BISQ DAO on TOR

with the release of version 6.2

A Privacy No One Has
Coin Mage
Hallo Dev, please apologize in advance, I want to ask why in this article, this project does not include the team or the name of the person who joined your project team? I think it's better to describe the name of the team because it has the greatest influence of a project. Or is your business an individual build?

Hi, the ANN is still a bit sparse on information, please look at the CoinWiki article linked there: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
Privacy coins are a no-brainer for those looking to still catch the crypto train.  John McAfee agrees: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is a lesser known but first rate privacy coin.   Take a look at Spectrecoin's tech:

[and so on]

Placed here to avoid offtopic in the original discussion... are you guy still getting paid for these posts? 

Dont know if same person but I tire of reading that "privacy coins are a no brainer" and that McAfee agrees.  I'd rather he attends to the software with his name on it, to make it less stinking, resource hogging pos. 

No, privacy coins are not the first port of call for the thousands of new users going through verification checks at Coinbase and others.  Privacy is probably quite a long way from their thoughts as they dream of catching the next lambo moon or just doubling their spending money by the end of the week.

I do appreciate that you guys actually put some meat on the bone when selling your coin (not just "buy spectrecoin"), but please tone down and shorten the pitch and stop with the opening line.

Agreed; there's obviously a need for exposure to 'privacy' coins in the future though a lot of these repetitive posts get annoying. I think it's a solid offering that may have potential.
Activity: 280
Merit: 15
Hallo Dev, please apologize in advance, I want to ask why in this article, this project does not include the team or the name of the person who joined your project team? I think it's better to describe the name of the team because it has the greatest influence of a project. Or is your business an individual build?
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
Privacy coins are a no-brainer for those looking to still catch the crypto train.  John McAfee agrees: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is a lesser known but first rate privacy coin.   Take a look at Spectrecoin's tech:

[and so on]

Placed here to avoid offtopic in the original discussion... are you guy still getting paid for these posts?  

Dont know if same person but I tire of reading that "privacy coins are a no brainer" and that McAfee agrees.  I'd rather he attends to the software with his name on it, to make it less stinking, resource hogging pos.  

No, privacy coins are not the first port of call for the thousands of new users going through verification checks at Coinbase and others.  Privacy is probably quite a long way from their thoughts as they dream of catching the next lambo moon or just doubling their spending money by the end of the week.

I do appreciate that you guys actually put some meat on the bone when selling your coin (not just "buy spectrecoin"), but please tone down and shorten the pitch and stop with the opening line.

You are right that privacy focused coins are not the only choice, and perhaps not the first choice for those who want to dabble in cryptos for the first time, and are in just to make a quick buck. That said:

1. The fact that one has to go through a verification process to sign up to some exchanges, has no baring on whether demand for privacy coins will increase or decrease
2. Anybody who considers crypto currencies a feasible alternative to fiat money, will sooner or later be confronted with privacy concerns
3. Whether one accepts it or not, the darkweb is expanding and privacy IS a major issue there (for good or for bad)
4. Not everyone in the world is living in an open society. In some jurisdictions clamming down on cryptos, the ONLY option are untraceable transactions

So there are many valid reasons why privacy coins will thrive (and of which Spectrecoin is perhaps the technically most advanced), even without relying on the endorsement of McAffee.
Activity: 55
bloody wallet still not  syncing .Guess  have to reinstall it
Back up your wallet.dat file and copy it to several places and USB stick. Then open your roaming appdata file >spectrecoin and delete everything except "wallet.dat".
I've had to do this twice. It's worked every time. Be sure to always back up your wallet when it's synced.
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Privacy coins are a no-brainer for those looking to still catch the crypto train.  John McAfee agrees: https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/941003398215761922

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is a lesser known but first rate privacy coin.   Take a look at Spectrecoin's tech:

[and so on]

Dont know if same person but I tire of reading that "privacy coins are a no brainer" and that McAfee agrees.  I'd rather he attends to the software with his name on it, to make it less stinking, resource hogging pos. 

No, privacy coins are not the first port of call for the thousands of new users going through verification checks at Coinbase and others.  Privacy is probably quite a long way from their thoughts as they dream of catching the next lambo moon or just doubling their spending money by the end of the week.

Activity: 10
I was mostly referring to an older laptop, though in general more RAM = better performance regardless of platform. With a RPi you should be fine; if you do have any performance issues you could easily use e.g. a USB key for some extra swap memory. I haven't tested an RPi with XSPEC specifically (I use an old laptop--I like the built in battery backup in case of power failure etc.), so I can't give you a 100% answer here. Perhaps others can give more guidance.

System requirements would also depend on if you see yourself ever wanting to stake other coins on the same setup; e.g., running several wallets simultaneously is of course more intensive than just one.

I can't thank you enough for the help you have given me over the last few days. I'm interested in the RPi route because I've wanted an excuse to mess around with one of those for awhile and I can always upgrade to other systems if I need more power.

I'll have to figure out what linux distro to use Gandalf recommended me raspian on slack but https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre mentions Arch and Fedora. It's all foreign to me at this point, lots of researching to do.

1 GB should be enough for staking one wallet. Raspbian is basically Debian, it is also mentioned in the Github readme. Wink Raspbian is basically Debian optimized for ARM.

Thank you, I love this community.
Coin Mage
I was mostly referring to an older laptop, though in general more RAM = better performance regardless of platform. With a RPi you should be fine; if you do have any performance issues you could easily use e.g. a USB key for some extra swap memory. I haven't tested an RPi with XSPEC specifically (I use an old laptop--I like the built in battery backup in case of power failure etc.), so I can't give you a 100% answer here. Perhaps others can give more guidance.

System requirements would also depend on if you see yourself ever wanting to stake other coins on the same setup; e.g., running several wallets simultaneously is of course more intensive than just one.

I can't thank you enough for the help you have given me over the last few days. I'm interested in the RPi route because I've wanted an excuse to mess around with one of those for awhile and I can always upgrade to other systems if I need more power.

I'll have to figure out what linux distro to use Gandalf recommended me raspian on slack but https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre mentions Arch and Fedora. It's all foreign to me at this point, lots of researching to do.

1 GB should be enough for staking one wallet. Raspbian is basically Debian, it is also mentioned in the Github readme. Wink Raspbian is basically Debian optimized for ARM.
Coin Mage
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
bit of a dip down to 1.4 USD but it get back there looks like most coins dropped in price today.
Activity: 10
I really want to go the raspberry Pi route for a dedicated staking machine (actually already purchased a kit) but you note that the machine should have a minimum of 2GB of RAM whereas the Pi 3 only comes with 1 GB. Was your suggestion for 2 GB RAM only applicable if I went the route of running an older or refurbished laptop and did not apply to the RPi? I would be running minimal non-staking operations on this machine.

Thanks Eleanor!

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
bloody wallet still not  syncing .Guess  have to reinstall it
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
I really want to go the raspberry Pi route for a dedicated staking machine (actually already purchased a kit) but you note that the machine should have a minimum of 2GB of RAM whereas the Pi 3 only comes with 1 GB. Was your suggestion for 2 GB RAM only applicable if I went the route of running an older or refurbished laptop and did not apply to the RPi? I would be running minimal non-staking operations on this machine.

Thanks Eleanor!

Pages:
Jump to: