Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 74. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Use a dedicated staking computer. Get a refurbed/older laptop or RPi (min. 2GB RAM), buy a new hard drive, make a clean OS install on it, and then never go online with it (other than to stake)--transfer all installation files using a USB key. Linux is safer if you're comfortable with it, but Windows is fine if you are careful. If the latter, go to town on firewall/AV/anti-malware software.

I really want to go the raspberry Pi route for a dedicated staking machine (actually already purchased a kit) but you note that the machine should have a minimum of 2GB of RAM whereas the Pi 3 only comes with 1 GB. Was your suggestion for 2 GB RAM only applicable if I went the route of running an older or refurbished laptop and did not apply to the RPi? I would be running minimal non-staking operations on this machine.

Thanks Eleanor!
Activity: 24
Hail to you Champions. Can you please explain to me what is the reason of the recent price spike? I made some research, was reading the forum, and I was not able to find any answers so far. Thank you

Perhaps you were poorly looking for answers. XSPEC looks very strong in perspective, many investors around the world are looking for this. Now, the market XSPEC is similar to the XMR market in the spring of 2016.
 And also there was no marketing yet, but after updating 1.4 it will not hurt. It all depends on the developers, they are announcing big plans. Let's hope for them!
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
congratulation to all hodlers
this is a great milestone but still, just the beginning Grin

$2 going on $5, going on $10, imo.  Privacy coin is in in 2018 and folks are piling in early.  I'm not getting left out.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
update : namewastaken
congratulation to all hodlers
this is a great milestone but still, just the beginning Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
2.00 $

A milestone!
Just a begging!
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
What is the minimum number of tokens are available?
Activity: 48
Hail to you Champions. Can you please explain to me what is the reason of the recent price spike? I made some research, was reading the forum, and I was not able to find any answers so far. Thank you
Activity: 55
What you guys think of the decentral exchange https://barterdex.supernet.org/ ? Should spectre get listed there,too?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Has anybody here been trading on Bisq so far? What is the actual user experience? Comparable to Etherdelta? And is it operated with placeholder assets or truly decentralized?

It's in a quite early stage yet. But yeah it is truly decentralized, it's just a platform where two people can (virtually) meet to make a trade with each other, peer to peer.
Activity: 148
2.00 $

Yep Awesomeness Smiley
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Has anybody here been trading on Bisq so far? What is the actual user experience? Comparable to Etherdelta? And is it operated with placeholder assets or truly decentralized?

BISQ is some next level s*** and XSPEC is gonna thrive with it as anonimity premiere. That is so far what I ve heard.

Gotta test their client myself first to be objective
Activity: 1302
Merit: 504
Thanks Gandulf86 Smiley I nearly had a Heartattack when it was not showing... I was like thank god I only sent 39 and not the extra 100 I have Tongue

Gotta say I really like the wallet it's very nice looking and pretty easy to use Smiley
Coin Mage
False alarm guys my coins are still there had to click send one coin to get it to show really weird.

You experienced the "zero balance bug" Wink https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#6-my-balance-disappeared-from-my-wallet

It's one reason why jbg has built a new GUI for version 1.4.
Coin Mage
Sweet thanks wondering what the staking rewards were Smiley

You can find all technical information here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications

I hope it will get added to the ANN soon.
False alarm guys my coins are still there had to click send one coin to get it to show really weird.
Edit: fixed my issue thank god Smiley
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
I also keep my most coins in my wallets! the rules of many exchanges changes often!such as bittrex i use it well but 2 month a ago it forbiden my account withdraw say my account information dot not complete and ask me uplevel but after i loading my id and till now not process my require and i still cannot withdraw my coins from it! so saddly
Do most you guys keep your coin on exchange like Cryptopia or in the wallet?
Just want to know what you guys think the safer route is?

Wallet. Only keep on an exchange if you plan to sell soon or have a very small amount. (This is true for any coin.)

Wallet = more secure (especially if you encrypt) + you get staking rewards.

Sweet thanks wondering what the staking rewards were Smiley
Activity: 10
Do most you guys keep your coin on exchange like Cryptopia or in the wallet?

Just want to know what you guys think the safer route is?

I'd wait for someone with more experience to chime in but I'm under the impression that the cardinal rule is to keep currency on exchanges for as little time as possible. Who knows what the next exchange to disappear without a warning will be. Plus is your wallet you can stake and gain more coins.
Pages:
Jump to: