Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 63. (Read 195282 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Launch will be tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 PM UTC time. An alternative launch time if that causes too much conflict is Friday at 1 PM UTC.

I will have a guide and the QT ready. Although I'm sure someone will make a better guide.

The details of the ascending rewards will be posted shortly. That is the final decision to be made.

Its gotta be Wednesday, everyone will be traveling in the US for the Holiday weekend..

+1 Labor day. Friday-Monday are dead-days.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Launch will be tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 PM UTC time. An alternative launch time if that causes too much conflict is Friday at 1 PM UTC.

I will have a guide and the QT ready. Although I'm sure someone will make a better guide.

The details of the ascending rewards will be posted shortly. That is the final decision to be made.

Its gotta be Wednesday, everyone will be traveling in the US for the holiday weekend..

Seems like a perfectly reasonable time for 90% of the forum (If I am correct that is smack mid afternoon in the US.)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
what miner, if any, will work on this coin?
Activity: 134
3:00 UTC would be ideal for me
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

And for Windows too, Please.

... you mean "extract this .zip file, double click this .exe?"

As for linux, assuming that they built this in the same fashion as other coins, it should include a "makefile.unix" by default.
If they include a github, it's even easier.

One of your line by line linux type guides would be very helpful. Lot's of linux ubuntu noobs are trying their hand at mining these days Smiley

Although it seems most coins follow the same make formula there is always one or another thing that crops up to stop it working. Ubuntu always has something missing that needs grabbing. Sometimes you can find it by googling the error it seems but other times it seems harder to see which dependency is missing. Also if there is some miner included getting that running always seems to need different cflags 03 msse etc and noobs really have no chance at getting that correct without a guide.
Activity: 144
Thanks for the input. I am carefully watching the current state of affairs for the best launch time. This is very clearly not it.

UPDATE: I am satisfied with the coin's performance and it is on track for a Tuesday/Wednesday launch. I will specify a definite time as it approaches.

Hey Baritus,

Not trying to cause drama here but can you please advise what changed in that 9 hour period?  In the first post you're very clear this is not the time to launch, then 9 hours later say you're on track to launch... 

That comes across as quite a mixed message, so I'd be keen to hear what changed in such a short timeframe and your thoughts on the supposed GPU miner & hash switching between CPU coins as mentioned by smolen?

I'd like to have confidence in the coin but this doesn't exactly scream 'clear roadmap'...

Cheers!

Hey, what changed is we were able to verify there are no GPU miners in existence. One of the algorithms also does not perform well on CUDA implementations, alleviating those concerns for now.

On launch could you put full linux instructions for mining please.

As OP is not a child nor stupid, I can only assume he will release full source, Windows QT and full instructions.

I hope so.

As for linux, assuming that they built this in the same fashion as other coins, it should include a "makefile.unix" by default.

No, I mean full instruction to be crystal clear, what miner use or the client mine for himself, ports, nod´s … you know what I mean.  Roll Eyes
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
+100
Activity: 168

Thanks for the input. I am carefully watching the current state of affairs for the best launch time. This is very clearly not it.

UPDATE: I am satisfied with the coin's performance and it is on track for a Tuesday/Wednesday launch. I will specify a definite time as it approaches.

Hey Baritus,

Not trying to cause drama here but can you please advise what changed in that 9 hour period?  In the first post you're very clear this is not the time to launch, then 9 hours later say you're on track to launch... 

That comes across as quite a mixed message, so I'd be keen to hear what changed in such a short timeframe and your thoughts on the supposed GPU miner & hash switching between CPU coins as mentioned by smolen?

I'd like to have confidence in the coin but this doesn't exactly scream 'clear roadmap'...

Cheers!

Hey, what changed is we were able to verify there are no GPU miners in existence. One of the algorithms also does not perform well on CUDA implementations, alleviating those concerns for now.

As OP is not a child nor stupid, I can only assume he will release full source, Windows QT and full instructions.

Hey Baritus,

Cheers!

Considering the weight of US visitors on the forum (70%+) I feel it would be quite stupid starting outside of US "normal hours" (9am-11pm Central time).
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
2am UTC time sounds better to me too. Would be nice to be able to participate while not at work here in eastern time zone.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
2AM UTC

Most coins lately have launch during the night in the US (like 4am EST, during the day in Europe), time to change that a bit don't you think? Smiley
Activity: 168
Two things: 1) can you go into details about the ascending rewards and 2) you might want to update the main post.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
He said people would have at least 24 hours notice... so I doubt it will launch in 5 minutes Tongue

It will most likely launch tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
13:00 UTC (UTC is bitcointalk time right?)  is very good for Europe.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
he did not say it's tomorrow.
@ 13:00 UTC. => I guess it's today

Okay cool, better today for me anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: