Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 62. (Read 195282 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
Since this coin will be sifcoin (and quarkcoin) based, will the released quark miner also work with it ?
You state there is no GPU miner for Quark, although someone stated the opposite. Do you know something more ? I don't think a quark GPU miner _with good performance_ exists yet.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
How is the difficulty retargeting implemented?
Is there a maximum % it can go up or down at every 1000 blocks or will it just retarget based on actual hashing power?
I'm asking this since the first 1000 blocks will probably go very fast and I want to know if block 1001 will actually take 1 minute to mine.
If that is the case, it's not worth for me staying up for the launch since the rewards on the first few thousand blocks are so low.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Just mining my own business...
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
The details of the fair launch are now posted in the original post.
Activity: 178
Launch will be tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 PM UTC time. An alternative launch time if that causes too much conflict is Friday at 1 PM UTC.

I will have a guide and the QT ready. Although I'm sure someone will make a better guide.

The details of the ascending rewards will be posted shortly. That is the final decision to be made.

Bugger, thats 6am for us Aussies on the East cost lol. 1PM UTC Would have been perfect as thats 11pm. Oh well will have to set the alarm clock.

The early bird catches the worm  :))
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Launch will be tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8 PM UTC time. An alternative launch time if that causes too much conflict is Friday at 1 PM UTC.

I will have a guide and the QT ready. Although I'm sure someone will make a better guide.

The details of the ascending rewards will be posted shortly. That is the final decision to be made.

Bugger, thats 6am for us Aussies on the East cost lol. 1PM UTC Would have been perfect as thats 11pm. Oh well will have to set the alarm clock.

minorities...
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

Activity: 144

Sound good for me and thanks for consider the guide issue.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

let me ask the question again.

Even though you're basing it on BTC, the new hash algorithms introduced that make it a CPU only coin will not allow the use of any of the regular BTC miners, correct? If so, is the client the only way to mine SRC until changes are introduced to one of the current BTC CPU miners? Is this correct?
BTC miners can only hash sha256 and since he says in the OP it is using multiple hash algorithms so a bitcoin minder will not work.

that's what I thought, so we're limited to mine on the QT

Until someone follows up with a Secure Coin pool miner
rpg
Activity: 728

Even though you're basing it on BTC, the new hash algorithms introduced that make it a CPU only coin will not allow the use of any of the regular BTC miners, correct? If so, is the client the only way to mine SRC until changes are introduced to one of the current BTC CPU miners? Is this correct?
BTC miners can only hash sha256 and since he says in the OP it is using multiple hash algorithms so a bitcoin minder will not work.

that's what I thought, so we're limited to mine on the QT
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

rpg
Activity: 728

Activity: 743
Merit: 250
Yes, Wednesday 8 PM UTC sounds good!
Activity: 168
For those who are bad at dates and timezones, here's WolframAlpha to the rescue!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Ok, let's get a countdown clock up for Wednesday 8PM UTC time...   Grin

-tb-
Activity: 168

I guess it's about time to update the main post? 
Pages:
Jump to: