Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013 - page 65. (Read 195282 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
1. Claims of GPU miners already existing in the hands of a few. This would unbalance the economy and give people an unfair concentration of coins.
I'm the author of that "claimed" miner and it is in the hands of one at the moment Smiley Consider my competence and efforts put in the miner as a capital on which I get small interest.
Regarding time to release new CPU-only coin, IMHO it's better to wait for the release of Primecoin GPU miner. Also may be someone will write another miner for Quark (Quark is performing quite well on the exchange, there is still time to profit), or my own miner will be released. Right now CPU hashrate reallocations between Quark, Primecoin and SecureCoin performed by VPS farms owners could kill young coin. Of course, it's only my opinion and  just another thing, may be not so important, for coin creator to consider.

EDIT:
Even if you would add 6 more hash algos it would only be matter of time for the first gpu miner.
The only real obstacle was the groestl hash, it took a lot of work and luck to get past 180 KHs barrier.

Thanks for the input. I am carefully watching the current state of affairs for the best launch time. This is very clearly not it.
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
1. Claims of GPU miners already existing in the hands of a few. This would unbalance the economy and give people an unfair concentration of coins.
I'm the author of that "claimed" miner and it is in the hands of one at the moment Smiley Consider my competence and efforts put in the miner as a capital on which I get small interest.
Regarding time to release new CPU-only coin, IMHO it's better to wait for the release of Primecoin GPU miner. Also may be someone will write another miner for Quark (Quark is performing quite well on the exchange, there is still time to profit), or my own miner will be released. Right now CPU hashrate reallocations between Quark, Primecoin and SecureCoin performed by VPS farms owners could kill young coin. Of course, it's only my opinion and  just another thing, may be not so important, for coin creator to consider.

EDIT:
Even if you would add 6 more hash algos it would only be matter of time for the first gpu miner.
The only real obstacle was the groestl hash, it took a lot of work and luck to get past 180 KHs barrier.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
UPDATE: SRC will not be released within the previously announced timeframe.

Factors:
2. Testing is not yet 100% conclusive due to changes made to avoid profitability hopping pools.

Once these two have been addressed, I will update you again.

Even if you would add 6 more hash algos it would only be matter of time for the first gpu miner. And the dev of the miner would ofc reap the benefits collect some sort of paycheck from his/her work first before releasing it. Ever since opencl/cuda it hasnt been that hard to actually port work done on CPU to GPU.
And cpu only is as fair as gpu mining, or maybe even less. With GPU's you just need to visit a store to hoard massive hashrates, cpu 'only' algos just removes "go to store" part as you can buy computing time from clouds anyway.
big money = big hashrates
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

Factors:
2. Testing is not yet 100% conclusive due to changes made to avoid profitability hopping pools.

Thanks for the update Baritus. Good idea. Otherwise not much point releasing it if its going to be smashed from day 1 by GPU miners. Hope you can come up with a good fair solution that keeps it CPU only.
legendary

Factors:

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
We're looking at one week as the best ETA.

There's a lot of testing that needs to be done on a few fronts.

One week has passed. Any updates?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Exactly. Im an amateur when it comes to linux but guides like that make a huge difference and have given me lots of success with coins like YAC, XPM and even QRK.

Keeping my eye on this coin as well. Got a good feeling about this one.

I'll post a guide when SRC is released.  You can count on it.   Wink

Gigawatt is actually very helpful to a lot of people, i think if he puts the address of the new coin in his sig people should donate a bit if he helps them. Not everyone have prime and bitcoins, but say quarks or whatever new coin he makes a install prog for then people should give a few blocks for his help, because without him you may not be able to mine coins
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
I'm not sure I'm following - is there a GPU miner for quarkcoin?
Almost done, 1.2MHs on 6770, still plenty of room for optimization. Not sure that I will release it, SRC coin is approaching Smiley

So unless the algorithm is changed it appears baritus will have two gpu coins..

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
I'm not sure I'm following - is there a GPU miner for quarkcoin?
Almost done, 1.2MHs on 6770, still plenty of room for optimization. Not sure that I will release it, SRC coin is approaching Smiley
legendary
We're looking at one week as the best ETA.

There's a lot of testing that needs to be done on a few fronts.
Activity: 322
Definitely looking forward to this! Any update on the release date?

Exactly. Im an amateur when it comes to linux but guides like that make a huge difference and have given me lots of success with coins like YAC, XPM and even QRK.

I'll post a guide when SRC is released.  You can count on it.   Wink
Activity: 441
Hopefully botnets cannot kick the difficulty away from milkyway!

Well, i dont think they can be stopped? it seems vps clusters are the real pest to normal folks getting a fair chance at mining.

Then again if someone wrote an automated linux install bash script for it like one guy on here did from primecoin then even newbies and those that don't know linux can have the option of investing in vps nodes to grab some coins.

Not going to let this thread die.

Any updates?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Well, i dont think they can be stopped? it seems vps clusters are the real pest to normal folks getting a fair chance at mining.

Then again if someone wrote an automated linux install bash script for it like one guy on here did from primecoin then even newbies and those that don't know linux can have the option of investing in vps nodes to grab some coins.
legendary
Coin number........3. How about the bank??

Again, it's 2. I did not make ARG.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
He posted about the bank in the other thread...he should have a preview of the bank within a few days.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Coin number........3. How about the bank??
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
And please try to launch it better then NeoCoin  Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270712.260
Pages:
Jump to: