Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STACK] StackCoin - Get in Now - #Fast Decrease# [Launch 22/02/2014] - page 9. (Read 105484 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
this is a lesson, and perhaps there is a solution for the future:

IPOs must have an ESCROW option!

... have a look at exocoin, no one knows if that will ever work out;
but he offered escrow right from the start of his "early bird" IPO:
http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=about#escrow

Escrow Service
Yes you read right! We do accept escrowed transactions! You send your bitcoins/ litecoins to a trustworthy thirdpart organization or a bitcointalk member of your choice. There is no disadvantage for you over the direct transfer to our address except that you have to handle the additional fees for using the third party service!
You still have to consider this:
If the third party escrow service scamms the money then it is only your issue. You cannot claim any EXO if the escrow will not give us the holded money. So be patient to use an escrow service that is trustworthy! We have not much experience with the use of any escrow services. The most known seems to be http://btcrow.com (minimum transaction seems to be 0.25 BTC here), https://thebitcoinescrow.com and https://coinguard.org However we cannot guarantee, that these services will operate accordingly. Use at your own risk. Or use any other escrow service or bitcointalk member you like - if the following steps are possible on that site (and do not use private persons or forums as escrow. We will only except professional websites or professional and experienced bitcointalk members)
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
70BTC ? that is arround 42000 dollar !  jee guys ...............................lost Huh
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I dont even know what a fucking IPO is... lol
great scheme though man, not that i appreciate scamming or anything but 70BTC is decent money to be made sitting your ass designing a few stuff and writing a few sentences  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 534
And: One day he might want to spend the money - which is in a public ledger.

Or he could just sell the wallet to someone. And when the new owner starts spending those BTC's, oh boy he will be tracked so hard  Grin

He could sell it to me right now and ill hold them until "DarkSend" is implemented cash out with out a worry in the world.
Merit: 534
Son of the bitch
I hope your child will die

You're as big a twat as the scammer....  Shocked

He was joking newfaggot.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
Tomatocage trusted member put Bad feedback to Stackcoin AFTER he stole 70 BTC

"Warning: Trade with extreme caution!"
THANK YOU
VERY USEFUL

Each and every one should know and understand that one should BY NO MEANS invest into IPO threads such as this. It's not the job of trusted members to scan the altcoin forums for scams/IPOs every single day (even though most are detected early on) -- you have to make use of your common sense. Do not blame Tomatocage or other trusted members for your own decisions.  Condolence to all those who sent BTC, please make sure not to do this again: ignore IPO threads.

+1

akd
Activity: 86
I had contacted the nameserver owner.

I got this answer:

I'm very sorry for the loss. All the information I know is in the public WHOIS, which is no doubt fake. Unfortunately this is what happens when I accept bitcoins as payment for domains Sad

I am constantly getting emails from the registrar with complaints of scams. I am considering just shutting down this site all together.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Or he could just sell the wallet to someone. And when the new owner starts spending those BTC's, oh boy he will be tracked so hard  Grin
Activity: 42

so since Bitcoin is now a legal currency in the state of CA maybe i should give my lawyer a call
legendary
Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
Merit: 500
Son of the bitch

You're as big a twat as the scammer....  Shocked
Son of the bitch

What did the kid do? Irrational, don't you think?
Google has his IP addresses
Yahoo has his IP addresses
Bitcointalk has his IP addresses
kiwiirc.com has his IP addresses
nerdychild.com has his IP addresses

since then he seems to have changed it now to [email protected]

TOR?)

Yes, sure. But that's pure theory.

Of course, he might use Tor whenever he can - and thinks of it!

But only one technical malfunction, or only one single user sloppiness - and he has left real footprints.
He created a hell lot of postings and emails and accounts - essentially he has left the traces that will lead back to him.

Most criminals make mistakes, that's how they are caught, anyway.

Rearranging the letters in your name gives him the solution to that public ledger problem.
Activity: 16
Can someone summarise what just happened here?
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Obviously, investors can ask for a refund at any time before the stage close.

I lol'd when reading this
Merit: 1000
see my profile
Activity: 742
ok guys, I have a good advice for you. I'm sure you'll be able to track the scammer by analysing the ipo info. Create a list of ipo members with sum/forum nickname, this is to find real and fake IPO payments. I'm sure there must be some fake payments, especially in the beginning, you'll be able to track BTC from these wallets!

Nobody likes the idea? I think it's your only chance. Find fake IPO transfers and maybe these btc addresses will lead you to that scammer in the end.
Activity: 42
BREAKING NEWS:

I did some forensics around the web, it seems that a user called johnahh is the moderator of the stackcoin reddit group, maybe he is related to the scam...
http://www.reddit.com/user/johnahh

there was also something retweeted by cryptorush saying he screwed some people out of bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
the lesson is, people are trying to help you, Crypto is about community

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/community-coin-482339
Activity: 239
I must admit i got tricked by these scammers...not on money cause i didn't invest a single Satori, but i did believe they had good intentions.

In retrospective these guys, at the cost of the people that lost money, have probably done a good thing for the altcryptcoin community, and something that should be always remembered here has a lesson to remember.
Pages:
Jump to: