Author

Topic: [ANN]SummerCoin|POS|10% per day in 5 days|New wallet - page 179. (Read 162063 times)

legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017
solo mining was working

what diff does it make if solo-mine was working?

diff skyrocketed and for NORMAL people with just a few gpus had no chance to find any blocks whatsoever.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
so we have to stop mining?Huh
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
All together maybe one hour+ was wasted for pool miners. Not a big deal. How often do some of your miners die during the night and you wasted like 6 hours of mining?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
The best launch ever I can remember was a coin that kept nodes with genesis block offline.
So everyone could setup everything and be ready for the launch.
Big farms as well as small miners connected to pool.
Then nodes went online and everyone started mining truly at the same time. No cheating, no instamining.
what was the coin name?

CryptoMeth! << this is what they did and they had the most perfect launch ever for pool miners. solo miners kind of hated it because they didn't get in earlier than pool miners like they usually do.
Activity: 182
I didn't find any blocks, but everyone crying for relaunch are just upset.

So Stratum needed changes to work. Big congratulations to the people that solved this.

The dev is not responsible for pools, there was no official pool BTW.

Several people reported that solo mining was working and rather than putting any effort in you just decide to cry relaunch.

Sad  Roll Eyes
It was a fair launch of the coin.Its wrong to relaunch
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Relaunch is great, it's the best thing to do for the future credibility of the coin. It also makes me laugh a little inside at the people trying to justify not-relaunching because they found some solo blocks! Smiley

its not about finding blocks.. I've done numerous other coins at launch and when I had trouble I didn't scream  "re-launch"

Same here, to be honest, that was one of the only launches that was fair to solo miners.

Orange coin was good one too
Cornerstonecoin was a scam with release of source 5 minutes before launch...
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
And for the new wallet, difficulty will readjustment each 100 blocks, and at block 2000, readjustment each block.

New wallet will release tomorrow.

Sorry for the bad launch.

ARE YOU SERIOIUS ABOUT RELAUNCH?

Yes, we will relaunch because pool cannot work after launch, and in order to make miner happy, we will change the difficulty readjustment like that. May be less than 100 block, it's 40 and at block 1000, retarget each block.
why relaunch?Huh?
+1  Cheesy
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
You are FUNNIEST Dev EVER.
Some whiners ruin that coin at starting day... bye, wish you success.
Relaunch is great, it's the best thing to do for the future credibility of the coin. It also makes me laugh a little inside at the people trying to justify not-relaunching because they found some solo blocks! Smiley

its not about finding blocks.. I've done numerous other coins at launch and when I had trouble I didn't scream  "re-launch"

Same here, to be honest, that was one of the only launches that was fair to solo miners.
Activity: 28
And for the new wallet, difficulty will readjustment each 100 blocks, and at block 2000, readjustment each block.

Yes, we will relaunch because pool cannot work after launch, and in order to make miner happy, we will change the difficulty readjustment like that. May be less than 100 blocks, it's 40 and at block 1000, retarget each block.
Activity: 56
relaunch good for all, dont be greedy  Angry
Activity: 756

why relaunch?Huh?
What is the settings that i must have in my conf file in wallet folder so i can have solo mining???

Look up the basics of solo mining, and implement it on all coins.

The basic conf is:

listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
gen=0
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=192.168.1.* (your router ip)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=11111
maxconnections=100

it says pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid

The basic .bat command is:

./sgminer -k darkcoin -o localhost:11111 -u username -p password -I 19 ....

After you added the summercoin.conf, you need to close and reopen the wallet. The wallet has to be fully synched, and needs to stay open during solo mining.
legendary
Activity: 1778

Activity: 350
The best launch ever I can remember was a coin that kept nodes with genesis block offline.
So everyone could setup everything and be ready for the launch.
Big farms as well as small miners connected to pool.
Then nodes went online and everyone started mining truly at the same time. No cheating, no instamining.
what was the coin name?
Activity: 685
So.. SOME POOLS DIDNT WORK!? SO WHAT?
Where is the REASON for RELAUNCH???
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Ok, sorry for all inconvenience, we will relaunch summer coin in 28 April 2014 18:00 GMT. We'll fix all above issue.

Again, sorry for waste of 2 hours mining today.

+1

Good decision, i will come back here to mine

+1
What is the settings that i must have in my conf file in wallet folder so i can have solo mining???

Look up the basics of solo mining, and implement it on all coins.

The basic conf is:

listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
gen=0
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=192.168.1.* (your router ip)
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=11111
maxconnections=100

it says pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid