Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 126. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Hey flound,
Kudos on making those pesky unrecovered stratum disconnects disappear. I haven't had one in days, it's great. Keep up the good work.

Request: With 10 miners I sure would appreciate a faster way to see that they're all running nicely. A table with miners on left and hr/coin horizontal. You wouldn't even need a column for each coin. All I need to see is that the 1 minute hash rate is positive for each miner at a glance. Maybe a total 1 and 10 min hr too.
Cheers, Aurum
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Looks like "Profit Snapshot" has been rising nicely last few days Smiley.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
The dips in the very beginning are me working on some of my miners, the long high section after that is my normal everything working rate, the next low section was when a miner crashed in the night.  The very last dip with the arrow over it is what I am referring to.  Everything should have been mining as normal right there and indeed when I looked at the miners they were hashing at a normal rate and submitting shares.  For what it is worth the entire pool hash rate for CGB was reporting way low on the website (got down to 1.3 Mhs from a normal closer to 100 Mhs) at the same time this was happening.

I have multiple miners all on this same account.

I think I see what the problem is..  It wasn't you.

Happened again...

Different issue this morning..  This morning was a DB issue.  Not really sure what happened as I was sleeping at the time, but DB issues are fairly benign as the pools will hold the shares in memory until the DB connection can be reestablished.  So nothing was lost.
www.multipool.us
Maybe a melt down with so many FTC going to mcxNOW

Of FTC price you mean?
www.multipool.us
No offense, but I figured after the fee started being charged we might see a downtick in all these site and mining issues.  What gives?

The fee is for my time spent maintaining the site, it's not a guarantee of no issues.

That said, there have been far fewer issues over the past few weeks than before the fee was instituted.  So I'm not really sure what you mean.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
The dips in the very beginning are me working on some of my miners, the long high section after that is my normal everything working rate, the next low section was when a miner crashed in the night.  The very last dip with the arrow over it is what I am referring to.  Everything should have been mining as normal right there and indeed when I looked at the miners they were hashing at a normal rate and submitting shares.  For what it is worth the entire pool hash rate for CGB was reporting way low on the website (got down to 1.3 Mhs from a normal closer to 100 Mhs) at the same time this was happening.

Happened again...

Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Maybe a melt down with so many FTC going to mcxNOW
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
No offense, but I figured after the fee started being charged we might see a downtick in all these site and mining issues.  What gives?
Activity: 147
What's going on with MP?  Just got up and checked and all my miners are hashing full speed but not reporting anything. Doesn't look like I have had a payout in a while either and hash rate is dead on the site.

JR
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Free Dog to good home
Does anyone know where I can find my worker passwords? I've searched the site and I'm either blind or they aren't listed.
No specific PW needed that's why no longer listed. Under Account, on left side MANAGE WORKERS you make new workers and set diff. All you need.
GL!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Does anyone know where I can find my worker passwords? I've searched the site and I'm either blind or they aren't listed.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Good to know, however I was watching the multipool one evening and saw it switch to WDC and soon after LKY jumped up to 10.8. It took about 10 minutes before the switch over to LKY. LKY is only profitable to mine every three-four days and only for about 20 minutes. If we don't jump onto it as soon as it becomes profitable then there isn't much point in having it on the multipool.

I sometimes think the maturity speed of a coin should be considered for profitability. LKY is dumb to mine to me as it takes hours for the coin mature and probably half a day for it to finally clear in cryptsy to sell. By then the coin value has dropped considerably.  Guess you can hold it for the next rise but don't have the patience to track all my coin sales to that level.

And when I say maturity speed should be considered, referring to maybe we shouldn't be mining coins that take forever to mature after you mine them. But perhaps that's just for the way I mine and sell coins so is a singular opinion.

JR

As I've said before, most if not all of the altcoins are likely going to 0 over the long term, because none of them are doing any serious development of a market of any sort for their coin.  It's a real shame, because as I've also said before, it's still anyone's game; BTC only has a 2 year lead which is practically nothing on any long-term scale.

If LKY is at 1200%, then it probably makes sense to mine even if the price drops by 50% before you can sell it (which as far as I can see, is not a common occurrence.  The daily fluctuation is in the order of 10% or so).  Your concerns are valid, however, and if I had to go back and do this over again I probably would not add LKY or ARG.  However, as I've already done the work to add them and it costs me practically nothing to keep them on, and they do give a small amount of additional profit, there's not really a reason to remove them at this point.

I agree, LKY doesn't become profitable to mine because its value has gone up, it's because its difficulty has dropped precipitously. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, it only makes sense to mine it. I wouldn't mind if more coins which are some times highly profitable were added to the pool.
www.multipool.us

Good to know, however I was watching the multipool one evening and saw it switch to WDC and soon after LKY jumped up to 10.8. It took about 10 minutes before the switch over to LKY. LKY is only profitable to mine every three-four days and only for about 20 minutes. If we don't jump onto it as soon as it becomes profitable then there isn't much point in having it on the multipool.

I sometimes think the maturity speed of a coin should be considered for profitability. LKY is dumb to mine to me as it takes hours for the coin mature and probably half a day for it to finally clear in cryptsy to sell. By then the coin value has dropped considerably.  Guess you can hold it for the next rise but don't have the patience to track all my coin sales to that level.

And when I say maturity speed should be considered, referring to maybe we shouldn't be mining coins that take forever to mature after you mine them. But perhaps that's just for the way I mine and sell coins so is a singular opinion.

JR

As I've said before, most if not all of the altcoins are likely going to 0 over the long term, because none of them are doing any serious development of a market of any sort for their coin.  It's a real shame, because as I've also said before, it's still anyone's game; BTC only has a 2 year lead which is practically nothing on any long-term scale.

If LKY is at 1200%, then it probably makes sense to mine even if the price drops by 50% before you can sell it (which as far as I can see, is not a common occurrence.  The daily fluctuation is in the order of 10% or so).  Your concerns are valid, however, and if I had to go back and do this over again I probably would not add LKY or ARG.  However, as I've already done the work to add them and it costs me practically nothing to keep them on, and they do give a small amount of additional profit, there's not really a reason to remove them at this point.
Activity: 147

I sometimes think the maturity speed of a coin should be considered for profitability. LKY is dumb to mine to me as it takes hours for the coin mature and probably half a day for it to finally clear in cryptsy to sell. By then the coin value has dropped considerably.  Guess you can hold it for the next rise but don't have the patience to track all my coin sales to that level.

JR
www.multipool.us
Would it be possible to get a brief explanation on how the pool mines LTC ? Is there a minimum time/block allotment before it switches out ? Is there a maximum time before it switches out ? Is it based on normal profitability or does it have to be a percentage higher than the others ? Thanks.

It's currently handicapped by 2.5% and we stay on for at least 20 minutes.

We've found 11 blocks in ~14.5 hours which is about 13% better than the average number of blocks we should have found.
Wow. Multiport showing 58% on LTC last 24 hours. Hope that paid out something.
Would it be possible to get a brief explanation on how the pool mines LTC ? Is there a minimum time/block allotment before it switches out ? Is there a maximum time before it switches out ? Is it based on normal profitability or does it have to be a percentage higher than the others ? Thanks.
www.multipool.us

Jump to: