Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 139. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Can you post your cgminer config?

Here it is! About an hour ago I added the no-submit-stale just so I don't see the stales rising constantly.

Difficulty is set at 16, the GPU's are 5x 7950's.

Nothing's really jumping out at me..  Can you do me a favor and run a traceroute to the pool from your IP address?  Maybe there's some kind of asymmetric route or something that's causing network issues.

Here you go (note that with whatever coin it's on now, it's at 10% or so it looks like. It jumps up considerably on some though. I attached CGMiner to show the GF/RF's as well):

What's weird about your output is it doesn't say "stratum from pool 0 detected new block" before the stales..   So why are they stales?

Also can you PM me your IP address so I can run a traceroute back to you from the pool server?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Here it is! About an hour ago I added the no-submit-stale just so I don't see the stales rising constantly.

Nothing's really jumping out at me..  Can you do me a favor and run a traceroute to the pool from your IP address?  Maybe there's some kind of asymmetric route or something that's causing network issues.

Here you go (note that with whatever coin it's on now, it's at 10% or so it looks like. It jumps up considerably on some though. I attached CGMiner to show the GF/RF's as well):

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
It looks like we're above LTC profitability already after being off it for only around 12 hours.  I'll look more into either getting us hooked up to p2pool or to a larger LTC pool.

+1
that would be great.
wemineltc is a good and steady pool.
also there is an own server for high hashrates. u just have to talk to the admin.

+1

That's where I switch to when LTC is looking profitable.
www.multipool.us

Nothing's really jumping out at me..  Can you do me a favor and run a traceroute to the pool from your IP address?  Maybe there's some kind of asymmetric route or something that's causing network issues.
legendary

---------------

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pool2.us.multipool.us:7777",
"user" : "raptorak.1",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
"intensity" : "20,20,20,20,20",
"vectors" : "1,1,1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256,256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt,scrypt,scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "22400,22400,22400,22400,22400",
"shaders" : "0,0,0,0,0",
"gpu-engine" : "1050-1050,1050-1050,1050-1050,1050-1050,1050-1050",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85,0-85,0-85,0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1500,1500,1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "10,10,10,10,10",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.174,1.174,1.174,1.174,1.174",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85,85,85,85",
"temp-target" : "75,75,75,75,75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-submit-stale" : true
}
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
It looks like we're above LTC profitability already after being off it for only around 12 hours.  I'll look more into either getting us hooked up to p2pool or to a larger LTC pool.

+1
that would be great.
wemineltc is a good and steady pool.
also there is an own server for high hashrates. u just have to talk to the admin.
www.multipool.us
FWIW, I'm showing a profit of 0.021 for the last 24 hours with ~1.2MH.  That's about 3x Bitcoin profitability.  I don't see how I could have possibly made 3x that on Middlecoin, that would put them at 9x Bitcoin.

LTC also had a jump in price and a lowering in difficulty, which is the reason its profiability went to 4.  It was around 3.4 this morning IIRC.

I'm going to disable LTC from the multiport for the next 48 hours and see how it affects profits.

What does this mean for ltc direct miners? Ltc is currently most profitable. If I switch lets say in 2 hrs to another multipool coin and no block is found till then, will it mean that all my shares go to oblivion?

"A: PPLNS stands for "Pay per Last N Shares." It means that whenever a block is found, payouts are given to everyone who submitted shares before a certain cutoff. Due to the coin hopping nature of the mutliport, this pool uses time-based PPLNS, rather than share-based. You can view the time cutoff for each coin on the Pool Stats pages."

So after I switch i enter this cutoff time right? When it passes, all my shares are lost?

Second thing I cant find cutoff time on pool server stats for LTC.

The round time for LTC is currently set at 1 hour.

We had found a block a few minutes before I disabled LTC, so most of your shares should have been paid.
www.multipool.us
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Flound, have you taken a look at Extremecoin? Just from casual notice, it seems to handle difficulty changes pretty well, and has a decent steady hash power behind it.

I've looked at it, but I believe the block reward goes from 200 down to 1 at block 5,000 or something crazy like that.

It's going to fizzle out like a bad fart.

It's block 17280 not block 5,000, just to let you know.  Smiley

Mincoin is running just fine at 2 coins per block and that went from 500 a block down to 2 more quickly than Extremecoin's 200 down to 1 in around two months.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-extremecoin-exc-mandatory-upgrade-version-15-kimoto-gravity-well-276609
www.multipool.us
FWIW, I'm showing a profit of 0.021 for the last 24 hours with ~1.2MH.

middle pays around 0.01 in 24hr  if you get lucky with 600kh.    So your figure is quite similar, they often pay less then that because of the high diff mixed with fast coins though you'd be ok with a faster setup maybe

middle mines LTC afaik, right now they show block diff of 61m     One of the highest diff they show and I believe that is because it is LTC

They do.  I've had a suspicion for a while that when LTC hits periods of low difficulty, the smaller pools get lower than expected returns while mining it.

For LTC, could you proxy us into something like wemineltc.com? That should bring down variance considerably when we go for it.

Also, oddly enough the pool2 with custom diff. is working now. My stale rate (going from diff. 64 to 16) has dropped from 70% down to around 20-25% it looks like.

Are you going thru tor or something?

No, lol. Pretty much what appears to be happening is when a block is found (for like Worldcoin/Digitalcoin since they are fast) I am losing anywhere from 4 to 20 shares as being stales. I get flooded with stale messages on those. When it moves to something else, like LTC, I get as low as 0.1% stales (and can sometimes get tens of thousands of submits with 0 stales).

This is my garage rig, I posted a screenshot of it before.  It's been up and connected to pool1.us for about a month and a half now.

legendary

middle pays around 0.01 in 24hr  if you get lucky with 600kh.    So your figure is quite similar, they often pay less then that because of the high diff mixed with fast coins though you'd be ok with a faster setup maybe

middle mines LTC afaik, right now they show block diff of 61m     One of the highest diff they show and I believe that is because it is LTC

They do.  I've had a suspicion for a while that when LTC hits periods of low difficulty, the smaller pools get lower than expected returns while mining it.

For LTC, could you proxy us into something like wemineltc.com? That should bring down variance considerably when we go for it.

Also, oddly enough the pool2 with custom diff. is working now. My stale rate (going from diff. 64 to 16) has dropped from 70% down to around 20-25% it looks like.

No, lol. Pretty much what appears to be happening is when a block is found (for like Worldcoin/Digitalcoin since they are fast) I am losing anywhere from 4 to 20 shares as being stales. I get flooded with stale messages on those. When it moves to something else, like LTC, I get as low as 0.1% stales (and can sometimes get tens of thousands of submits with 0 stales).
www.multipool.us

middle pays around 0.01 in 24hr  if you get lucky with 600kh.    So your figure is quite similar, they often pay less then that because of the high diff mixed with fast coins though you'd be ok with a faster setup maybe

middle mines LTC afaik, right now they show block diff of 61m     One of the highest diff they show and I believe that is because it is LTC

They do.  I've had a suspicion for a while that when LTC hits periods of low difficulty, the smaller pools get lower than expected returns while mining it.

legendary

www.multipool.us

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448

Activity: 476
The pool1 multipool one. I also ran pool2 for a while (trying to lower difficulty to see if that helped) but it appeared to be on a static 64 regardless of settings.

I'm running on pool2 with a difficulty of 16, and it is working fine.
legendary
I'm currently looking at what it would take to get the LTC pool onto p2pool.  That would lower the variance quite a bit for our LTC payouts.

That may help... I ran a split test between here and Middlecoin. After 12 hours, 0.027 was earned here and 0.063 earned at Middlecoin with the same hash rate. That's a pretty massive difference, and I have the feeling it's because of LTC.

12 hours isn't really a statistically significant time period..  Did you get your reject issue worked out?

No, it's possible that this was the issue... on LTC I have little to no stales. Every time we go to the others like WDC though I drop down to 25-30% luck (with a massive amount of rejects, 70% or so).

Which pool address are you connecting to?

The pool1 multipool one. I also ran pool2 for a while (trying to lower difficulty to see if that helped) but it appeared to be on a static 64 regardless of settings.
Activity: 294
Is auto-switch working?  It's mining NVC while LTC is the most profitable right now.

read #2858
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Is auto-switch working?  It's mining NVC while LTC is the most profitable right now.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
I'm currently looking at what it would take to get the LTC pool onto p2pool.  That would lower the variance quite a bit for our LTC payouts.
Cryptsy-"Notice: Do NOT use p2pool to deposit directly to your Cryptsy wallets, as it will not show the address in our wallet and we will be unable to credit your account."
I believe this is not going to affect planned work of LTC pool onto p2pool?
Jump to: