Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 91. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I just got frustrated sitting on ltc for days on end knowing we don't have the hashrate to find many blocks... 400 Mhashes on ltc is nothing.  For me, anything with a huge mining length to get a coin isn't feasable.. So ltc is out, and nvc is out.. anything else I don't mind but I don't have a great way to manually switch off the pool to another when we hit ltc atm.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan
A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.

It is impossible the way things are currently architected.

I'd have to create individual multiports for each user.  It's a feature I have considered adding in the past, but have not had time to fully investigate what it would take or decide on a design.

In other news, I am reconsidering adding per-coin autoexchange to BTC, and doing it a bit differently than the other pools.  Stay tuned.

Just some food for thought, maybe you could create ports for combinations of coins like this:

comb. #1  Top 5 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB
comb. #2  Top 8 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #3  Middle 6 (by value)     FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #4  bottom 7 (by value)     MEC, WDC, DGC, LKY, ARG, PXC, CAP

I'm thinking some users might not be interested in coins with micro values, and others might not be interested in mining coins with really long block times.

Thanks.

+1 to that!!! I don't use the multiport anymore because I like to choose which coin I think is profitable, I only mined CGB for a long time, but now the block reward is so low I am mining CAP, but if I could mine both that would be cool. Is it even possible to merge mine on scrypt coins??? That would be awesome if I could merge mine CAP and CGB like many BTC mining pools do with BTC and NMC. PLus the link in my signature does BTC, NMC, IXC, and DVC all merged mining simultaneously. That would be awesome to merge mine scrypt. I am assuming it is not possible though, probably due to the memory/RAM required in scrypt mining, and someone would be doing it already if it could be done. But either way, even choosing the coins which you mine in a multiport is still a good idea. +1 again!!!

Thanks,
Chris

AKA... AllBiznessMan && SudoSuRootDev
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.

I'd have to create individual multiports for each user.  It's a feature I have considered adding in the past, but have not had time to fully investigate what it would take or decide on a design.

In other news, I am reconsidering adding per-coin autoexchange to BTC, and doing it a bit differently than the other pools.  Stay tuned.

Just some food for thought, maybe you could create ports for combinations of coins like this:

comb. #1  Top 5 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB
comb. #2  Top 8 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #3  Middle 6 (by value)     FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #4  bottom 7 (by value)     MEC, WDC, DGC, LKY, ARG, PXC, CAP

I'm thinking some users might not be interested in coins with micro values, and others might not be interested in mining coins with really long block times.

Thanks.
Hey all Multipool miners, do not worry, I am pretty sure we are all working and getting paid, only the stats for these coins are not updating on the website, but the backend work, payments, etc is actually working. Flound hasn't replied to me yet but I have seen this issue before, and I believe that he just needs to reset one of the servers or a frontend pool script which only takes a minute, plus y ratio of CAP per hour is updating and is around 20  - 40 average even though the stats say no block has been found in over 6 1/2 hours. So don't worry, and I just received a withdrawal because I lowered my auto-withdrawal, so I now have a zero balance and I will update here if/when my balance increases to prove that this is true! Maybe one of the MEC miners, can post if/when their balance increases... or a withdrawal is received.

Keep mining fellows!!!
Good luck, and Good day!!!

Thanks,
Chris

Now, after looking back, I see that CAP, CGB, and MEC all have not found any blocks in over 6 1/2 hours, according to the stats. Plus MNC, FTC, NVC, and LTC are all over that time... is this just an issue with the stats updating, on the front-end, yet we are still working correctly on the backend? I have seen that happen a lot. Either way I just want to make sure you are aware and we are all getting paid for our work. Thanks again Flound!!!

Thanks,
Chris

Flound,
I have been mining bottlecaps only on pool1.multipool.us for a few days, successfully, and it seems that something is wrong or very odd. The normal time for discovering a new block is 9 minutes, and we have not found one in over 6 1/2 hours. The difficulty is only at 0.53 and newer miners have joined me, two who have more hash power than I. Can you try to see if it is on a alternate chain, or stuck for some reason. If I were you, I would stop bottlecapsd, then delete peers.dat, and then restart bottlecapsd. Thanks flound!!!

PS... I see the post above stating no blocks for MEC as well, so it may be another issue, or we may be solving them and they aren't showing up in stats. Please let me know what is up.

Thanks,
Chris

Activity: 5
The pool is not getting any blocks in MEC, when it is the active multiport coin, block times should be about 2 mins and nothing is coming up. Maybe it should be disabled from the multiport until it is straighten out.

regards,

thatdude
Activity: 25

I'm far from a coder, but it seems to me that it would be quite complicated.  It would also be nice if, in addition to turning off coins you're not interested in mining, you were able to tune the profit algorithm to put more weight on either the difficulty or the sell price, whichever is more important to you.  I'm excited to see what new features you add in relation to an auto-exchange, but it's probably nothing I would use - I use multiport to mine the coins when difficulty is low and just save them, so I have very little interest in an auto-exchange.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.

www.multipool.us
Some of you may have noticed I have been a bit less active lately.  I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks so if I have not responded to any posts or emails please feel free to repost/resend.  I am back at home now and things have returned to relative regularity.
www.multipool.us
Pool fees have been lowered to 0% as promised for all SHA-256 coins for the remainder of 2013.
www.multipool.us
I've got some exciting news about the SHA-256 Multiport!

We've reached 29.41 BTC worth of payouts.  Once the next P2pool block is scored, (i.e. tomorrow morning), I'll be switching the BTC payouts to proportional scoring over an average day's worth of P2Pool blocks (so 2 blocks at the moment), to approximately match P2pool's 24 hour PPLNS.

Starting this Sunday, 11/24, the pool fee for all SHA-256 coins will be reduced to 0%, and it will remain at 0% until January 1, 2014.  There will be a separate announcement around this, but I wanted to post it here first so you are all aware.  We have a miner with approximately 5TH that will be joining us on Sunday and they will be posting their own announcement as well to encourage other miners to join us.

Any plans on adding other SHA-256 coins soon?  I've been mining UNO, ZET, ASC, and XJO, with interest in trying out DEM and TGC.  I may also be open to OSC and TEK, but they confuse me.  Right now, two things prevent me from using the SHA-256 multiport: 1) FRC's demurrage feature and 2) long block times on PPC and BTC.

1. I'm not sure why demurrage should matter unless you plan to hold the FRC for a long period of time.
2. I agree with you on PPC but not BTC.  Bitcoin blocks are found by P2pool fairly regularly and any shares you submit will be paid on a proportional basis whenever a block si found (p2pool finds blocks whether the multiport is on BTC or not)  PPcoin difficulty seems to have skyrocketed recently and I'm not sure why as it's been mostly unprofitable to mine, but it should definitely help a lot when we get more hashrate.

I am looking at other new coins to add to the multiport but I will likely avoid coins with too low difficulty (like ZET and UNO currently) unless they have difficulty adjustment algorithms that are more favorable to multimining.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?
I've got some exciting news about the SHA-256 Multiport!

We've reached 29.41 BTC worth of payouts.  Once the next P2pool block is scored, (i.e. tomorrow morning), I'll be switching the BTC payouts to proportional scoring over an average day's worth of P2Pool blocks (so 2 blocks at the moment), to approximately match P2pool's 24 hour PPLNS.

Starting this Sunday, 11/24, the pool fee for all SHA-256 coins will be reduced to 0%, and it will remain at 0% until January 1, 2014.  There will be a separate announcement around this, but I wanted to post it here first so you are all aware.  We have a miner with approximately 5TH that will be joining us on Sunday and they will be posting their own announcement as well to encourage other miners to join us.

Any plans on adding other SHA-256 coins soon?  I've been mining UNO, ZET, ASC, and XJO, with interest in trying out DEM and TGC.  I may also be open to OSC and TEK, but they confuse me.  Right now, two things prevent me from using the SHA-256 multiport: 1) FRC's demurrage feature and 2) long block times on PPC and BTC.
Activity: 3
Make sure you're using your worker name to connect (username.1 if you haven't specifically created one).

That did it. Seems to be working now, thanks!   Smiley
www.multipool.us
Hi,

I'm new to mining in general ... I signed up for multipool and started cudaminer like this:
$ cudaminer -H 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u -p

Result:
[2013-11-24 00:21:03] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-24 00:21:03] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777
[2013-11-24 00:21:14] Stratum connection failed: Couldn't resolve host 'pool1.us.multipool.us'
[2013-11-24 00:21:14] ...retry after 15 seconds
[2013-11-24 00:21:29] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:21:29] ...retry after 15 seconds

I'm having the same problem with pooler miner:
$ minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u -p
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 4 to cpu 4
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 5 to cpu 5
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 6 to cpu 6
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] 8 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 7 to cpu 7
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2013-11-24 00:52:45] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:52:45] ...retry after 30 seconds

But if I do:
$ nslookup pool1.us.multipool.us
Non-authoritative answer:
Server:  homeportal
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    pool1.us.multipool.us
Addresses:  162.243.142.31

Why can't I connect? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

Make sure you're using your worker name to connect (username.1 if you haven't specifically created one).
Activity: 3
Hi,

I'm new to mining in general ... I signed up for multipool and started cudaminer like this:
$ cudaminer -H 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u -p

Result:
[2013-11-24 00:21:03] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-24 00:21:03] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777
[2013-11-24 00:21:14] Stratum connection failed: Couldn't resolve host 'pool1.us.multipool.us'
[2013-11-24 00:21:14] ...retry after 15 seconds
[2013-11-24 00:21:29] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:21:29] ...retry after 15 seconds

I'm having the same problem with pooler miner:
$ minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777 -u -p
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:7777
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 4 to cpu 4
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 5 to cpu 5
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 6 to cpu 6
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] 8 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Binding thread 7 to cpu 7
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:52:14] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2013-11-24 00:52:45] Stratum authentication failed
[2013-11-24 00:52:45] ...retry after 30 seconds

But if I do:
$ nslookup pool1.us.multipool.us
Non-authoritative answer:
Server:  homeportal
Address:  192.168.1.254

Name:    pool1.us.multipool.us
Addresses:  162.243.142.31

Why can't I connect? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.
www.multipool.us
At present I'm 60% of the hashing in the BTC P2pool and the pool efficiency is 86.7%

I took my 16 gig of Block Eruptors off this pool yesterday so they cannot be part of the problem.

What is our P2pool efficiency and confidence interval? How does this compare to the global p2pool efficiency?

You can see all of the p2pool stats here:

http://pool1.us.multipool.us:3332/static/

Our p2pool efficiency is at about 95% right now.  Our local stale rate is at 12% compared to 17% p2pool-wide.
Pages:
Jump to: