Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TRK] ★ Truckcoin ★ Pure PoS up to 200% per year ★ Cryptopia - page 57. (Read 141246 times)

legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Hi guys, Now Cryptsy Added to them voting list.  Thanks to BitJhon - cryptsy Admin Wink
Great news, thank you!

Please vote for TRK at Cryptsy!
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

Hi guys, Now Cryptsy Added to them voting list.  Thanks to BitJhon - cryptsy Admin Wink

please support voice https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/  Smiley

Thank you..

legendary
Hi,

Just managed to get my wallet synced to 145056 then the green bar comes up and it trying to sync to 147--- , this is the height of Hyperstake saying I have 2170 blocks to go. Running latest windows qt on win 8.1. This only happens once 7+ connections are established.
Note I do not have hyperstake wallet on my win8.1 machine.
Is this something to do with ports since previous threads state 18777? instead of of 18775?

***PARTIAL COPY OF MY GETPEERINFO BOTH HYPERSTAKE AND TRUCKCOIN.****
Update: Wallet out of sync and downloaded 145172 of 147325 of transaction history,but i have minted 94 confirmations broadcast through 13 nodes. 157.369863 truckcoins.

Actually your wallet is synced and minting good, it just shows "out of sync" because you have HYP clients with a longer blockchain connected for some reason.
Nothing to worry about, TRK has autocheckpointing enabled and will stay on the correct chain.
I just added a fix to the source code, it should prevent HYP clients interference.
Will post an updated windows wallet later today.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Hi,

Just managed to get my wallet synced to 145056 then the green bar comes up and it trying to sync to 147--- , this is the height of Hyperstake saying I have 2170 blocks to go. Running latest windows qt on win 8.1. This only happens once 7+ connections are established.
Note I do not have hyperstake wallet on my win8.1 machine.
Is this something to do with ports since previous threads state 18777? instead of of 18775?

***PARTIAL COPY OF MY GETPEERINFO BOTH HYPERSTAKE AND TRUCKCOIN.****

[
{

"version" : 71004,
"subver" : "/Truckcoin:0.9.6/",
"inbound" : true,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 145071,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "69.127.99.44:59246",
"version" : 72000,
"subver" : "/HyperStake:0.8.2.2/",
"startingheight" : 147248,
},
{
"addr" : "37.123.187.99:59024",
"version" : 72000,
"subver" : "/HyperStake:0.8.2.2/",
"startingheight" : 147248,
},

]

Update: Wallet out of sync and downloaded 145172 of 147325 of transaction history,but i have minted 94 confirmations broadcast through 13 nodes. 157.369863 truckcoins.

legendary
"try and error" method will not work here - max reward cap requires a hard fork so the number will be set for a long time - we can't hardfork too often Smiley

I see two main reasons for capping max reward -
1. it will encourage people to split to smaller blocks - more blocks means healthier network and faster blockchain.
2. those who just keep their wallets offline for months and then open them once for stake will not get a huge reward anymore - helps with inflation control and encourage people to stake more often - healthier network again.

And please...

• Decrease minted block confirmations (25-30) (TEK or HYP).
  • Add ''splitthreshold'' TruckCoin.conf command (TEK).
  • Add -wallet= (Specify wallet file (within data directory)) commandline switch (e. g. JPC).
  • Add "Immature" and "Consolidated Balance" to "Overview" tab. (ORB).

Thanks.

Decrease minted block confirmations  - not sure about that, it's a part of the original coin design. And would require a hardfork.
Add ''splitthreshold'' TruckCoin.conf command - it's already done and added to GUI settings but no binary wallet release yet (working on other features).
Add -wallet= - will look into it, probably will do.
Add "Immature" and "Consolidated Balance" to "Overview" tab. - will do.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
"try and error" method will not work here - max reward cap requires a hard fork so the number will be set for a long time - we can't hardfork too often Smiley

1. it will encourage people to split to smaller blocks - more blocks means healthier network and faster blockchain.
2. those who just keep their wallets offline for months and then open them once for stake will not get a huge reward anymore - helps with inflation control and encourage people to stake more often - healthier network again.

And please...

• Decrease minted block confirmations (25-30) (TEK or HYP).
  • Add ''splitthreshold'' TruckCoin.conf command (TEK).
  • Add -wallet= (Specify wallet file (within data directory)) commandline switch (e. g. JPC).
  • Add "Immature" and "Consolidated Balance" to "Overview" tab. (ORB).

Thanks.
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
With the upcoming new wallet release i plan to implement max PoS reward limit.
So the question is what limit should we set?
First i thought about 1000 but it looks too much to me.
I feel like it's better to set tough limit, something like 300 (HBN going to set 250 for example).
What do you guys think?
Good question.
I have no magic number in my head as such.
Maybe we should by "simple try and error" find the optimum for TRK ?
Changing cap step by step as such.

Is the reason for capping max. related to the chain that at times moves slowly or has even stalled in recent weeks ?
Right now I just let my stacks stake and not re-combine, by doing so have 3X -4X if not more stacks then before I stopped re-combining them.
Which is good for the chain.
(Would that be a so-called no brainer ?)

By all means indeed lets try to avoid any hard forks.
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about securing the network for being the main reason.

Currently my stacks are about 250 and staking seems to take about 10-11 days.
Problem is I had my wallet off line for some days so my numbers might be "polluted" as such.
Will keep you updated what will happen with my next round of staking.
Average stack size will be about 130 TRK.
So based upon current "rough" data I would say 200 max should be no problem at all.
legendary
I feel like it's better to set tough limit, something like 300 (HBN going to set 250 for example).
What do you guys think?
Good question.
Maybe we should by "simple try and error" find the optimum for TRK ?

Is the reason for capping max. related to the chain that at times moves slowly or has even stalled in recent weeks ?
Right now I just let my stacks stake and not re-combine, by doing so have 3X -4X if not more stacks then before I stopped re-combining them.

What do you guys think?
Good question.
Maybe we should by simple "try and error" find the optimum for TRK ?

legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
And I should of thought of that myself.  Thanks a lot.  Perfectly working.
legendary
So... since HYP is basically a fork off TRK, I can't run both wallets at the same time... Any way around this without the need for separate computers or a VM?
You can run both wallets simultaneously, just need to change the port for one of the coins to make it different.

Create Truckcoin.conf file with the following line:
Code:
port=18777
(you can put any port number there, just should be different from 18775.
Put this Truckcoin.conf file into your Truckcoin directory with wallet and blockchain files - that's all Smiley

Or you can run truckcoin-qt.exe with -port option

Create a shortcut of the truckcoin-qt, right click on shortcut then select properties.
add -port=18777 at the end of target line.
Should look like C:\path\to\truckcoin-qt.exe -port=18777
legendary
Activity: 1033
So... since HYP is basically a fork off TRK, I can't run both wallets at the same time... Any way around this without the need for separate computers or a VM?
legendary
What do you guys think?

I think 300 or even 100 is better than 1000.

Since nStakeTargetSpacing = 90, we have about 960 blocks each day (like HYP) so 300 x 960 = 288000 additional TRK each day.
I don't know how many coins are currently created each day, but 288000 means 8.6M in a month. According to the block explorer now we have 14.8M.

Well, i think maybe 200 then Smiley
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
What do you guys think?

I think 300 or even 100 is better than 1000.

Since nStakeTargetSpacing = 90, we have about 960 blocks each day (like HYP) so 300 x 960 = 288000 additional TRK each day.
I don't know how many coins are currently created each day, but 288000 means 8.6M in a month. According to the block explorer now we have 14.8M.
legendary
What do you guys think?
Can you add "unlock wallet" in menu again ?
Right now I have to use console to unlock for tx.
Found it today after hours of frustrating entering passphrase for every single tx while creating a spread.

Thanks !
Already done, will be in the next wallet release  Wink
Wow !
Talking about fast service, thank you !

Yeah, noise23 also fixes TekCoin wallet. Great work!
Really ?
That would be great, hopefully TEK will now get a proper fixed wallet long overdue.
ALL hail noise23 !!!
legendary
Activity: 1624
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Found it today after hours of frustrating entering passphrase for every single tx while creating a spread.

Thanks !
Already done, will be in the next wallet release  Wink
Wow !

Yeah, noise23 also fixes TekCoin wallet. Great work!

Thanks !
Wow !
legendary

Thanks !
dumper has been lost .. come up again to 2000 satoshi
we are waiting for a great work of noise23 again .. Grin
Working on a new wallet release and new website  Wink
Great !

Thanks !
Pages:
Jump to: