Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TZC] TrezarCoin Super-Secure-PoW/PoS - page 26. (Read 156539 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 182
Yes, that is a TZC PoS calculator that a member was kind enough to draft and share.
Since it's alpha/beta state though--and an unofficial volunteer contribution--it's a semi-finished tool...

For example, some of the field labels might not mean what you think they would.
If you play with the calc a bit though, it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

Sorry, but I have no idea how to translate the data given by the wallet into what that calculator requires to proceed. Also, I have yet to find stats on PoS difficulty (the difficulty for mining is no problem) without which the whole exercise is moot.

The way I see it, estimating the probability of receiving a stake should depend only on the following:

# of coins
age of each coin (or average age of all coins)
PoS difficulty

Where do inputs and # of coins per input and age of transaction come into play?

Activity: 99
Merit: 1
Quote from: ChekaZ
You got a project / an awesome idea for Trezarcoin but it needs to get funded? - I am happy to say that we have the solution!

I am happy to announce the new Crowdfunding Page of TZC: https://trezarcoin.com/trezarfundme

If you have a project that you would love to set up on there, please PM me with details and it will be put on there.
Funds are escrowed until the project is finished, if the project itself needs funding to get done, we will discuss how the funds gonna be released.

I already love to see your input and what can be achieved in the coming weeks/months!

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

Update on the recently introduced TrezarFundMe Page:

Quote from: ChekaZ

Currently two projects are up, more to come soon I imagine!
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Hello,

I am mining at https://pool.trezarcoin.com and have found various blocks but I haven't received the reward for the block finder.
Does anybody has received 100 coins after finding a block?

Thank you,
Marius

As @statt already stated, there is no "bonus payout" for the blockfinder. The payout is PPLNS, so everyone gets paid on their share contribution to the block-solution.

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ
Hello,

I am mining at https://pool.trezarcoin.com and have found various blocks but I haven't received the reward for the block finder.

Thank you,
Marius

Pretty much all pools do NOT give you anything for finding the block.
That is the idea behind pool mining--doesn't matter who finds the block, everyone shares the block reward.

Or are you asking something else?  Huh
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello,

Thank you,
Marius
Is there a good calculator for estimating the probability of getting a block from staking x number of coins for y days? I found this http://crofly.bplaced.net/ but am not sure how to translate the info given in the wallet to the inputs for this calculator.

Yes, that is a TZC PoS calculator that a member was kind enough to draft and share.
Since it's alpha/beta state though--and an unofficial volunteer contribution--it's a semi-finished tool...

For example, some of the field labels might not mean what you think they would.
If you play with the calc a bit though, it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

There's also a copy that the SGL project made based on crofly's TZC calculator, you can find it here:
http://www.sigilcalculator.com/
Since SGL is pretty much a direct copy/semi-fork of TZC, it might be applicable... but no guarantees.

Oh, and last note, please keep in mind the following: Since the variables involved (e.g., PoS difficulty) can be quite different day to day, since this is not static PoS (i.e., no set APR target) but variable instead, and since there is luck involved... even a perfectly calibrated calculator will only provide a reasonable guesstimate--in other words, no guarantees.  Grin
Is there a good calculator for estimating the probability of getting a block from staking x number of coins for y days? I found this http://crofly.bplaced.net/ but am not sure how to translate the info given in the wallet to the inputs for this calculator.

Activity: 364
Merit: 255
Seems that price stabilized at 0.14, this day was pretty nervous Tongue I doubt it will reach 500 sats anytime soon, except all crypto will drop a lot
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
why price is dropping so hard?

Now the price is not bad enough. I wait for 500 satosh and lower to start active procurement, but I'm not sure that it will be so low.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
why price is dropping so hard?
The way I understand it - but only in a relative sense, not with absolute numbers - is that the longer your ping time compared to the average miner with the average hashrate, the more likely another miner will receive credit for coming up with a solution (ie - a solved share) at the same time as you for the simple reason their submission makes it to the pool faster (while your submission is marked "stale"). All of my research on this pointed to keeping the ping time under 100ms to minimize the chance of getting shares marked stale, and I still believe this is sound advice, but it also matters how many other miners are on the pool and how much hashrate they collectively bring to bear: if a pool is massive both in numbers of miners and total hashrate then you are much more likely to have shares marked stale, especially if your ping time is less than ideal.

So, like a lot of things in life the answer to how much ping time is too much is, "it depends"...  Grin

That's exactly the way I understood it as well!
But theoretical knowledge does not always align with real-world outcomes... so I was interested to see your results.  Grin

Not quite 4 hours in but checking in anyway and Gateless Gate reports 0.2% rejected shares. There are pools where my reject rate registers as 0.0% even after 24 hours, but I consider a reject rate of up to 0.5% acceptable, and 1% or more problematic.
The way I understand it - but only in a relative sense, not with absolute numbers - is that the longer your ping time compared to the average miner with the average hashrate, the more likely another miner will receive credit for coming up with a solution (ie - a solved share) at the same time as you for the simple reason their submission makes it to the pool faster (while your submission is marked "stale"). All of my research on this pointed to keeping the ping time under 100ms to minimize the chance of getting shares marked stale, and I still believe this is sound advice, but it also matters how many other miners are on the pool and how much hashrate they collectively bring to bear: if a pool is massive both in numbers of miners and total hashrate then you are much more likely to have shares marked stale, especially if your ping time is less than ideal.

So, like a lot of things in life the answer to how much ping time is too much is, "it depends"...  Grin

That's exactly the way I understood it as well!
But theoretical knowledge does not always align with real-world outcomes... so I was interested to see your results.  Grin
I just started mining on Zergpool and have 10 shares accepted, 0 rejects, after 15 minutes, so we're off to a good start despite the 147ms ping time. I'll update this post after a couple of hours then again after a full day but barring any issues with rejected shares, etc., I'll keep mining for at least a few days to give it a fair trial.

I'm curious about the results you get--I am interested in the impact that ping would have on a rig's pool participation.
Thanks for testing it out and please keep us updated!  Smiley

So, like a lot of things in life the answer to how much ping time is too much is, "it depends"...  Grin

I just started mining on Zergpool and have 10 shares accepted, 0 rejects, after 15 minutes, so we're off to a good start despite the 147ms ping time. I'll update this post after a couple of hours then again after a full day but barring any issues with rejected shares, etc., I'll keep mining for at least a few days to give it a fair trial.

I'm curious about the results you get--I am interested in the impact that ping would have on a rig's pool participation.
Thanks for testing it out and please keep us updated!  Smiley
You can now mine Trezarcoin and more than 130 coins at new autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0% now. Please use following commands for different mining options

I'd be inclined to point a GTX 1080 at zergpool if the ping time was lower - it's 150ms from my location in the US.

Do you think it will make huge difference? What would be normal ping to expect?

1 hr edit - so far 0 rejected shares and working well.
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Is TZC wallet on Cryptopia already fixed?

It's way more convenient to me if I will purchase TZC there thru trades because I already have funds there.

Or even the wallet isn't fixed, I can still do trades between BTC /TZC? It's just that I can't deposit or withdraw TZC directly? It's that how it works?

Thanks.

Cryptopia wallet is up and running. You can always check on their "CoinInfo" Site if it has connections/shows the version. Thats how to verify if the wallet is up.

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ
Just a reminder for those that may not have known/noticed,
TZC has a Telegram group here:

https://t.me/joinchat/DFQmZg09ZJnKHMUM-QlJhg

What is the primary communication channel, i.e. chat tool for the TZC community / devs? Slack, discord, telegram, something else....?

Cannot join, the browser shows me error "The address wasn’t understood" and tries to open link without domain-  tg://join?invite=DFQmZg09ZJnKHMUM-QlJhg

You have to have the Telegram app installed first I believe.
You can now mine Trezarcoin and more than 130 coins at new autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0% now. Please use following commands for different mining options

I'd be inclined to point a GTX 1080 at zergpool if the ping time was lower - it's 150ms from my location in the US.

Do you think it will make huge difference? What would be normal ping to expect?

My understanding is that once ping time exceeds 100ms the chance of shares getting marked stale goes up. It depends on the overall traffic at the pool with this being less of an issue at small pools.

Right now I am comparing MiningPoolHub and NiceHash with separate GTX 1080 so when that test is over in another few days I'll compare the winner with Zergpool.

EDIT - actually, I might free up my RX 570 in a few hours to try your pool out using the old Gateless Gate as it is hell-on-wheels at Neoscrypt on the AMD platform.
Activity: 440

What is the primary communication channel, i.e. chat tool for the TZC community / devs? Slack, discord, telegram, something else....?

Cannot join, the browser shows me error "The address wasn’t understood" and tries to open link without domain-  tg://join?invite=DFQmZg09ZJnKHMUM-QlJhg

Do you have Telegram configured and working in general? If not, you should do that first (on your smartphone) afaik..
Activity: 30

Pages:
Jump to: