Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 46. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Dev any news about Votocoin? when other exchange?
Activity: 28
Thanks for the fee suggestion guys Smiley

Tom is now exploring z-nomp and trying to setup the pool fee.

As of now VoteCoin official pool mined and paid out 3916816.04419753 VOT since we launched it.
1% is about 39k VOT which equals roughly $1000 at current prices.
With that kind of money we can't do any serious marketing, but it is still better than nothing Smiley

Of course you could always use some of the 29BTC that you collected from the ICO rather than try and drive away miners from the pool - but hey, what would I know - I'm only a miner...

This
Activity: 24
Merit: 2
Hey all, got a new pool up for VOT at http://zeropool.io I have mined the first block on there this morning so it is all working correctly. The pool does have a fee compared to the free one directly from the team but my pool is empty so you can potentially make more. First block took about 7 hours mining with 1.5 k/sols
Activity: 18

As of now VoteCoin official pool mined and paid out 3916816.04419753 VOT since we launched it.
With that kind of money we can't do any serious marketing, but it is still better than nothing Smiley

Of course you could always use some of the 29BTC that you collected from the ICO rather than try and drive away miners from the pool - but hey, what would I know - I'm only a miner...
Activity: 4
Merit: 2

Can we maybe have a list of recommended pools which donate .5% or 1% to the community for projects which can then be voted on how to use the funds, like getting listed on other exchanges or other marketing things? Then have another list of other pools, I think having more pools is a simple way to gain awareness.

Another option is to have someone create a pool or work with a pool to donate 100% of hashing power for "x" amount of time or until a certain target is reached. Then ideas which are voted on can be funded this way. If everyone dedicates some hashing power to accomplish a goal and increase the value of the coins they are HODLing it can go a long way. You can make it fun by maybe adding a jackpot so someone can win say "x" amount of coins for donating their time like a lottery.

Also, getting onto other exchanges will increase the value of the coin too, which will give some more money for marketing too.

Also, maybe look for any chance for this dev team to work with another coins pod or dev team. Either they help with development of VoteCoin or we help with their coin. Both coins will win as the users of each will learn about the coin.

Though, I think the dev just needs to keep doing what he is doing and making practical useful upgrades and features available. Let the coin speak for itself. I like the fact they aren't caught up in self promotion and focusing on the task at hand, that alone speaks volumes.
Activity: 265
Merit: 105

Activity: 8
Tom, what you could do is create an SSL connection to the mining pool, so there will only be 1% devfee for the miner, while changing the pool fee from 0% to 1%.

What do you think?

I highly believe VOT needs some serious marketing.
Activity: 57
Thats an good idea. I hope the dev will thinking about that.
Yeap, 1% from official for marketing... something that I would always support.
Activity: 288
Merit: 100
I think it is cool that pool has 0% fee, but take only 1% and use it for promoting votecoin. What do you think?

not bad ,much fair ,i support this project ,hope run well .
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
I think it is cool that pool has 0% fee, but take only 1% and use it for promoting votecoin. What do you think?

Indeed. You mean official pool right?

Votecoin.site (Tom), we think that you need to set 1% fee for the official pool and have some money for marketing, does it make sense?

Btw, has someone tried barterDex already?

yes, I see VoteCoin is now available in 0.8.5-rc, albeit with the wrong icon... but it is indeed available

coinmarketcap - You can only scrape the rates historically on daily - they advertise an API SOON but nothing i know of right now

I did not know about it, thanks!

crypt~o~saurus sorry for the wrong direction.

no problem - what I have will be workable. If I've got time I'll have a wee look at BarterDEX tonight - I see some mention of VOT in the code...

coinmarketcap - You can only scrape the rates historically on daily - they advertise an API SOON but nothing i know of right now

I did not know about it, thanks!

crypt~o~saurus sorry for the wrong direction.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hi

Before I end up re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know if there's already in existence anywhere that serves up the historic price of VoteCoin/BTC in JSON format - ideally 1 minute intervals maybe going back up to 24 hours?

ta

Iain

Actually, that was much easier than I expected - a few minor hiccups but this is now all working - the output is a fairly simple btc price and time for VOT...

[{"btc":"0.00000320","timestamp":"2018-01-22 21:09:46"},{"btc":"0.00000320","timestamp":"2018-01-22 21:10:17"}]

but the web host is having some issues with PHP so until that's fixed it's not going to be a stable thing

Why don't you pick up coinmarketcap  API and make a request with python?
https://coinmarketcap.com/api/

hmmm - I can't see how I would get historic data from that at the moment (and I doubt it would ever be at the 1 min resolution) - is it possible? Currently I'm using the tradesatosh api to get the current rates and simply save this to a mySQL db. This gives me the scope to setup the data in any format I want using a SQL query, so for example those candle chart things would have 30 min intervals with a time, high, low, open and close value in each row of the dataset

Hi

Before I end up re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know if there's already in existence anywhere that serves up the historic price of VoteCoin/BTC in JSON format - ideally 1 minute intervals maybe going back up to 24 hours?

ta

Iain

Actually, that was much easier than I expected - a few minor hiccups but this is now all working - the output is a fairly simple btc price and time for VOT...

[{"btc":"0.00000320","timestamp":"2018-01-22 21:09:46"},{"btc":"0.00000320","timestamp":"2018-01-22 21:10:17"}]

but the web host is having some issues with PHP so until that's fixed it's not going to be a stable thing

hmmm - I can't see how I would get historic data from that at the moment (and I doubt it would ever be at the 1 min resolution) - is it possible? Currently I'm using the tradesatosh api to get the current rates and simply save this to a mySQL db. This gives me the scope to setup the data in any format I want using a SQL query, so for example those candle chart things would have 30 min intervals with a time, high, low, open and close value in each row of the dataset
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Why did you decide to choose Zerocoin protocol, not the time-tested blockchain and smart contracts?
I believe them more and that's why I participated in the crypto lottery. But also I'm interested in the VoteCoin. What guarantees can you give?
Hi

ta

Iain

Hi

ta

Iain

Pages:
Jump to: