Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 47. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hi

Before I end up re-inventing the wheel, does anyone know if there's already in existence anywhere that serves up the historic price of VoteCoin/BTC in JSON format - ideally 1 minute intervals maybe going back up to 24 hours?

ta

Iain
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
Hello, which pool is best for mining, I'm from EU?
The official votecoin pool is the best. Zero fees, fast servers, hosted in EU.
http://pool.votecoin.site
However, some people prefer different pools to make sure the hashrate is spread more widely amongst many pools to prevent 51% issue
the slack invite link is outdated Wink also where is most discussion and development happening for votecoin to follow?
I will ask Peter to update it.
News are always posted at least to facebook, twitter, and this thread.
-Tom
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
hello admin

the slack invite link is outdated Wink also where is most discussion and development happening for votecoin to follow?
Activity: 143
Merit: 120
Hello, which pool is best for mining, I'm from EU?
Activity: 12
Good evening! It's good to see that the company is growing!
Activity: 10
wow i like the idea of this project, looking foward to this project to evolve and improve much more in the near future and i wish this project a big success. goodluck to this project and goodluck to you dev.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
Votocoin needs more Promotion and Publicity,price is too low now.just only about ico price.
Activity: 21
On the new exchange did not apply? Wink
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
Thanks for the great news!
Activity: 57
Thanks. We are on the road.

VoteCoin for MAC OS (textmode wallet)

We've been able to successfully port VoteCoin core (textmode) wallet to MAC OS!
This means we will also be able to release GUI Wallet for Mac OS,
so all three platforms (Windows/Linux/Mac) will be supported from the beginning,
with no additional delay.

Macos binaries should be released in a week or so, after some testing, which is always necessary.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
The wallet https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin uses the same default rpcport as ZCash, 8232. Can this be changed to something not already in use, eg 8242? I would like to add VoteCoin to the BarterDEX GUI, but with this port collision there will be a lot of trouble...

You can setup your port in config file votecoin.conf
Simply put there rpcport=1234 and that's it

Yes, sure, that is what i did, but that also means that every user must do this prior to using BarterDEX and it must match the one that is configured in BarterDEX code, which normally is the default one,
but in this case i would have to put an arbitrary port in the code and the user will have to search for it in the code and use it as value for rpcport... it is much more work to do for the enduser.

Actually we have no problem changing the default port, but the question is, will this help? What port is configured in BarterDEX code? If BarterDEX has the default port (8232) for VoteCoin, then if we change it, user will still need to configure BarterDEX. I've contacted barterdex devs to let them know beforehand we're going to change it and also to recommend new port.
-Tom

Im a not one of the devs, but also part of the team :-)
We found a good solution, i think. BarterDEX now looks for the parameter rpcport in votecoin.conf and if present uses that instead of the one from his own config, which points to the default one (8232).
So no need to change it on your side.
The wallet https://github.com/Tomas-M/VoteCoin uses the same default rpcport as ZCash, 8232. Can this be changed to something not already in use, eg 8242? I would like to add VoteCoin to the BarterDEX GUI, but with this port collision there will be a lot of trouble...

You can setup your port in config file votecoin.conf
Simply put there rpcport=1234 and that's it

Yes, sure, that is what i did, but that also means that every user must do this prior to using BarterDEX and it must match the one that is configured in BarterDEX code, which normally is the default one,
but in this case i would have to put an arbitrary port in the code and the user will have to search for it in the code and use it as value for rpcport... it is much more work to do for the enduser.

Actually we have no problem changing the default port, but the question is, will this help? What port is configured in BarterDEX code? If BarterDEX has the default port (8232) for VoteCoin, then if we change it, user will still need to configure BarterDEX. I've contacted barterdex devs to let them know beforehand we're going to change it and also to recommend new port.
-Tom
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
How do we import keys from the swing wallet to the GUI wallet?

I have no idea. We always discouraged users from using swing wallet...
In the future, the "backup" section of VoteCoin GUI wallet should contain sectoin to import private keys, so as long as you are able to export private keys from swing wallet, it should be possible to import.

The swing wallet is merely a cli front end to your windows cli wallet, so the instructions are as per your official windows cli wallet
Activity: 56
I like that you have choosen Equihash for mining algorithm it makes minning much more affordable for a lot of people
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Is this WALLET safe to use? If I mine for it, my coins wont be lost?
official wallet is best safe.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Is this WALLET safe to use? If I mine for it, my coins wont be lost?
Activity: 4
nice work dev
 I want to minimize wallet to task tray if possible Grin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
Can you tell me please about ICO participation advantages? Or it will be better to buy from on crypto stock markets ?

ICO is over and only way now it's tradesatoshi.

And when will it be listed on other exchanges? And is this voting system already being used by some institution?
Pages:
Jump to: