Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 104. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
i never seen so many haters in one thread. you guys need to learn from other communities that r more welcoming to others with different views.
peace out.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
You guys are falling apart here. You need to regroup and come together if you want vtr to have a fighting chance and not die this year.

If the final product is as good as everybody hopes, there's no need for anyone to "regroup and come together" whatever you mean by that. The product will speak for itself.

Nah he's just an idiot.  Better you didn't respond to him tbh.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
You guys are falling apart here. You need to regroup and come together if you want vtr to have a fighting chance and not die this year.

If the final product is as good as everybody hopes, there's no need for anyone to "regroup and come together" whatever you mean by that. The product will speak for itself.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Quick question for the Devs or whomever has been around these parts for a while.

Has the bug that Shadowcash had in its anonymous tokens been fixed here?

It happened around this time last year when a Monero dev reviewed the code and determined that there was an issue.

Bumping this because I am curious. I looked back in the SDC forum a bit and I couldn't find the exact page where all of it manifested but I know it did happen and the devs paid the Monero dev a bounty for bringing it to their attention.

EDIT: Here is some mention of it not in the ANN of SDC:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/shadowcash-is-mathematically-broken-i-urge-all-sdc-supporters-to-join-monero-1361131
legendary
Activity: 1288
Wallet 0 is at it again  Roll Eyes

That is no good news. The fewer people hold all the coins, the less secure the network is.

11% o the supply, it's not the end of the world.

trust me when we go live there will be a fuck ton more wallets coming on line, so I don't see it as a problem.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100

That is no good news. The fewer people hold all the coins, the less secure the network is.
legendary

Interesting.

More interesting is that there is only 500k vtr for sale now.

Not that many, this is due a big correction.

Interesting.

More interesting is that there is only 500k vtr for sale now.
legendary
Activity: 134
Shitcoin Bliss
So anyone who thinks or talks bad against vtr is a troll? Why cant they just voice their opinion good or bad. Is this a fanclub thread or a thread for discussions?
Just wondering.

Just stop dude it is getting cringy at this point. All these people from purevidz coming over here playing the victim card.
Activity: 70
So anyone who thinks or talks bad against vtr is a troll? Why cant they just voice their opinion good or bad. Is this a fanclub thread or a thread for discussions?
Just wondering.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Quick question for the Devs or whomever has been around these parts for a while.

Has the bug that Shadowcash had in its anonymous tokens been fixed here?

It happened around this time last year when a Monero dev reviewed the code and determined that there was an issue.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Feature request.

Please add Riot chat into the vTorrent road map.

As a pop out module, like BitTorrent and Trading tabs.

Riot is intended to run on decentralised networks and it is open source. Matrix is the OS and Riot is an app that sits on Matrix.

https://github.com/vector-im

https://matrix.org/docs/spec/

With Riot enabled, vTorrent will have its own BitTorrent forum, built in. You can then have channels on discussions to do with anything, but most importantly it can be the home of all private trackers.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Bitcoin + Monero + BitTorrent + ShadowMarket

Can use as BitTorrent without crypto; or

Can use as crypto without BitTorrent; or

Can use BitTorrent with crypto.

Got a file you want to share and charge for? Put it into BiTorrent section, then charge for bandwidth.

Got some sort of desire to share for nothing? Put it into BitTorrent section, and don't charge. Maybe ask for donations.

etc.

Am I able to download shit from thepiratebay and just seed it on vTorrent and earn coins?  Cheesy
Not if the people that uploaded on piratebay do it first! xD

Actually this could be a big problem, whats to stop one person from downloading a paid torrent, then distributing it for free?

The way I picture this happening is this:

1. Person A initially uploads File A at a fixed price of 1TOKEN
2. Person B pays Person A 1TOKEN for the download, then does one of two things.
3a. Person B allows others to upload File A and shares profit with person A.
3b. Person B modifies File A to become File B and uploads File B at a fixed price of 1/2TOKEN.

If people chose 3b whenever they get a file, the price of that file will trend towards free which to be fair, after a long enough period of time, a file should become public domain and thus free (but that's just my opinion).

To combat against this, I thought a good way of combating the problem would be to:

1. Set a time limit that states after X amount of time, the file becomes public domain and free to download.
2. Allow the user to set a cap on how much money they want to make before the file becomes public domain.

Just a thought Smiley

-Pickle

Got a file you want to share and charge for? Put it into BiTorrent section, then charge for bandwidth.

Got some sort of desire to share for nothing? Put it into BitTorrent section, and don't charge. Maybe ask for donations.

etc.

Am I able to download shit from thepiratebay and just seed it on vTorrent and earn coins?  Cheesy

Actually this could be a big problem, whats to stop one person from downloading a paid torrent, then distributing it for free?

Economy of scale.

No one has ever "priced" torrents before; in any case there is nothing to stop anyone from doing anything. Just like the Internet and paid websites or services; can someone rip all the content off of  Netflix? Yes,  but for most people paying 10 bucks a month for content as a service is much easier and less time consuming than dealing with the alternative.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

etc.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor

etc.

legendary
Don't feed the trolls  Smiley

I don't mind them, it bumps the thread onto the first page on BCT.  Wink

It shouldn't be too much longer for the devs to release to new wallet  Cool
Jump to: