Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 107. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I've started to go through the hard fork changes - features now available.

It's going to take a while. There is a lot. The main thing is the network supports HD wallets - a really useful feature. For example, you can generate a series of words (write them down) and if your computer blows up or otherwise fails - you can recreate your wallet again using the words you wrote down.

The network knows what you had in your wallet because of these phrases. This also means that your computer can have a kill switch and you would be able to go buy another computer and you're good to go again.

I guess the reason we don't have a full breakdown is that it would take about 5 A4 pages to explain everything.

Why don't the devs post here and explain what's been added?

What's wrong with them?

I don't get why they are like the way they are?

Don't they want to build up a community around their project , if they do, they are going about it the wrong way.

After two years of following this project it's getting a bit thin.

I'm not fudding, I'm addressing a concern.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Block 1,200,000 came and went at

2016-12-31 05:41:04

You'll need to confirm your post if you want to claim your prizes. Please do not post links here on BCT, the mods might now consider the claiming of the prize and posting links and potentially wallet addresses as spam.  

We may have had the benefit of posting hard fork times because it was a way to alert everyone to upgrade or risk being forked off.

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

If you are not on Riot, PM details.

bump

Shortlist:

Code:
time who
12/31/2016 3:30 ik_do
12/31/2016 5:10 rhinomonkey
12/31/2016 5:26 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 5:28 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 6:18 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 7:08 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 7:23 15266

If you want to check Bitcoin talk mirrors, feel free. Otherwise, this could be the winner:

12/31/2016 5:28   CryptoSporidium

I received the 101 VTR prize, many thanks to coins101 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
I've started to go through the hard fork changes - features now available.

It's going to take a while. There is a lot. The main thing is the network supports HD wallets - a really useful feature. For example, you can generate a series of words (write them down) and if your computer blows up or otherwise fails - you can recreate your wallet again using the words you wrote down.

The network knows what you had in your wallet because of these phrases. This also means that your computer can have a kill switch and you would be able to go buy another computer and you're good to go again.

I guess the reason we don't have a full breakdown is that it would take about 5 A4 pages to explain everything.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
I created this account just so I could shill one project....

Just as Mooonero was also a failed project:

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Is there blog, whitepaper and/or other info for this project?
legendary
We're still on the old chain?
Activity: 329
Wallet back up on trex. Now we wait some more?

Let my buy again under 2k first!
Will be last opportunity for buying cheap, this is the only one project in crypto for a torrent implementation...!
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Wallet back up on trex. Now we wait some more?
legendary
@ the Devs, why the delay? Any chance of an update as to what's going on?

Cheers.
Ni dieu ni maître
Big sell up. Pumper is putting fake walls up to shove price with lots of volume maybe?  Tongue

Some one betting the update won't be that good maybe?

Then again it could be a suppression wall from a whale trying to get the last dumps?

Who knows?

It's gone now Cheesy
legendary
A few interesting posts about the vTorrent client running a classifieds section for private and public trackers.

Those with private trackers can post ads about their private groups and then do private or group chats with people interested in joining the private tracker.

It would be interesting to add ratings to those doing the adverts and users - Uber for BitTorrent  Cool (can't take the credit for that).

With encryption options, everyone remains private.

vTorrent could make a top 20 coin just on that alone.
legendary
Big sell up. Pumper is putting fake walls up to shove price with lots of volume maybe?  Tongue

Some one betting the update won't be that good maybe?

Then again it could be a suppression wall from a whale trying to get the last dumps?

Who knows?
Ni dieu ni maître
Big sell up. Pumper is putting fake walls up to shove price with lots of volume maybe?  Tongue
legendary
Block 1,200,000 came and went at

2016-12-31 05:41:04

You'll need to confirm your post if you want to claim your prizes. Please do not post links here on BCT, the mods might now consider the claiming of the prize and posting links and potentially wallet addresses as spam.  

We may have had the benefit of posting hard fork times because it was a way to alert everyone to upgrade or risk being forked off.

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

If you are not on Riot, PM details.

bump

Shortlist:

Code:
time	who
12/31/2016 3:30 ik_do
12/31/2016 5:10 rhinomonkey
12/31/2016 5:26 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 5:28 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 6:18 CryptoSporidium
12/31/2016 7:08 AnotherNode
12/31/2016 7:23 15266

If you want to check Bitcoin talk mirrors, feel free. Otherwise, this could be the winner:

12/31/2016 5:28   CryptoSporidium
Ni dieu ni maître
I'm on my phone, but was the torrents added in and functional with this new fork?

Nah mate. Well, I guess we won't know till the new wallet is out (if there is one). But I don't think anyone thinks they are ready.

What?

Bittrex is in the middle of updating, plus it's new year so it's gonna take a little longer.

I don't know. I had a few drinks  Tongue

Hope I can have more in celebration of torrents soon.
legendary
I'm on my phone, but was the torrents added in and functional with this new fork?

Nah mate. Well, I guess we won't know till the new wallet is out (if there is one). But I don't think anyone thinks they are ready.

What?

Bittrex is in the middle of updating, plus it's new year so it's gonna take a little longer.
Ni dieu ni maître

Activity: 242
legendary
Here's to a happy New Year  Cool

Let's see how happy the devs can make it!  Grin
Jump to: