Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 105. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot
Don't feed the trolls  Smiley
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
We already did the chit chat over whether people support this project or not a few pages back. It's a speculative project... Just like every other project on this site including bitcoin itself.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

Dev has said torrents are coming in next releases.

Also said next client is coming with I2P and Tor integration and other features as well. They are working out some small bugs.

Additionally there will be another hard fork at block 1300000. This may or may not come with another new client. Not long to wait and see as I think dev will explain when the new wallet is here shortly.

In other words, BitTorrent will be integrated soon. So yes there will be innovation. And keep in mind this is already the first coin to implement 2FA

But its coming, can you give me a list of completed working updates made since its inception. And Also, Who is the target user of vtr down the line.

I haven't been here the entire time. But completed developments off the top of my head:
2 factor authentication with Authy
In-client Bittrex trading
HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

The users are people who already use torrents / torrenting sites. People who want privacy when they are torrenting.  People who just want an anon currency.

Sounds like a flop to me. All that in all this time. A talented dev could probably do that in a week.
 I was going to invest here but now I'm putting my money into the PureVidz ICO instead.
This coin sucks.

And he came all the way here to tell you too!

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Sign of a good project = lots and lots of trolls.  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

Also said next client is coming with I2P and Tor integration and other features as well. They are working out some small bugs.

Additionally there will be another hard fork at block 1300000. This may or may not come with another new client. Not long to wait and see as I think dev will explain when the new wallet is here shortly.

In other words, BitTorrent will be integrated soon. So yes there will be innovation. And keep in mind this is already the first coin to implement 2FA

But its coming, can you give me a list of completed working updates made since its inception. And Also, Who is the target user of vtr down the line.

I haven't been here the entire time. But completed developments off the top of my head:
HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

The users are people who already use torrents / torrenting sites. People who want privacy when they are torrenting.  People who just want an anon currency.

Sounds like a flop to me. All that in all this time. A talented dev could probably do that in a week.
 I was going to invest here but now I'm putting my money into the PureVidz ICO instead.
This coin sucks.
Ni dieu ni maître
Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent

HD wallet (BIP 44)

Perhaps there are more.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Can someone please explain vTorrent to me in short?

The OP is not very descriptive, I tried to read a couple of pages to grasp what's this about

I understand it should be a torrent sharing app that would provide rewards for seeding etc.

I see people are still writing about this coin mostyl as 'they will' 'it will' etc.

Reading through 160 pages for me would be too much, if there's someone kind enough to sum it up for me, I'd be tremendously grateful!

Bitcoin + Monero + BitTorrent + ShadowMarket

Can use as BitTorrent without crypto; or

Can use as crypto without BitTorrent; or

Can use BitTorrent with crypto.

Got a file you want to share and charge for? Put it into BiTorrent section, then charge for bandwidth.

Got some sort of desire to share for nothing? Put it into BitTorrent section, and don't charge. Maybe ask for donations.

etc.
Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
Can someone please explain vTorrent to me in short?

The OP is not very descriptive, I tried to read a couple of pages to grasp what's this about

I understand it should be a torrent sharing app that would provide rewards for seeding etc.

I see people are still writing about this coin mostyl as 'they will' 'it will' etc.

Reading through 160 pages for me would be too much, if there's someone kind enough to sum it up for me, I'd be tremendously grateful!
Ni dieu ni maître
Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent

Looks like the marketcap of vtr is coming down. That's not to good. Any innovation coming this way or is it all just a big circle jerk up in this bitch.
^^^^^Look up ^^^^^^

That means nothing to me mate. What am I supposed to be understanding from that?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Looks like the marketcap of vtr is coming down. That's not to good. Any innovation coming this way or is it all just a big circle jerk up in this bitch.
^^^^^Look up ^^^^^^
legendary
Activity: 1456
Lol, you don't expect the devs two answer do you?

No.

I think if you look at GitHub, you can pretty much work out what's coming. In which order features will be released is a different issue.

But vTorrent is exceptionally feature rich compared to just about every coin out there right now. I do mean, every coin.

What do you see that is coming?  I'm looking at the GitHub and don't "see" what you see.

Code:

© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org