Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 130. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
where there will be full torrent client functional, pls?

I think everyone is waiting to find out exactly how the torrent will function. But I am expecting you will be able to use vtorrent the same as any Bittorrent client.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
Love me tender
where there will be full torrent client functional, pls?
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
What happens with 1 st fork? What changes are expected
At first fork?

As I understand it, VTR will be heading to the International Space Station to prep for its expedition to outside of the visible universe.

Quickly passing the moon.

The moon will be absorbed by VTR's 'matter rockets' and be converted for use as fuel  Wink

Thanks for the heads up on this video (who knew the US president was a cryptohead)

https://youtu.be/g25G1M4EXrQ?t=1m30s

Lol, thanks for that gem. WE CHOOSE TO GO TO THE MOON! I want someone to make that quote into a 10 hour long video on infinite loop so I can blast it on my speakers and let everyone know that I am in fact going to the moon!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I'm interested to see if the nascent vTorrrent users will:

* Curated legal, niche, hard to find content

* Come together to finance very small content that can be sold (start small, who knows where it could go)

* Find and encourage indie content creators to just try and release their stuff on vTorrent and try out different models, from free to charge as much as you can

* Create a public tracker or trackers to legally available content that can be purchased

* Some people wanting to buy access to content will need to get BTC and convert it to VTR. At some point VTR <> Fiat might need to be sorted out.
legendary
If someone has to pay for downloading torrents nobody will use a system like that.

I was assuming that it would be "charge what you want", or make it free.  

I guess we'll just have to see what its like when it comes out.

You can ask for features to be added.

What would be on your top 3 wish list?

1. Built in media player.
2. The ability to pay in vtr to advertise media on a "front page" of the client, or show media that might be trending?
3. The ability to set a limit on how much you want to make on your project before it becomes free.
3a (example). My brother owns a recording studio http://www.acaciajade.com up in Denver, and while he would love to spread his studios music around for free, that doesn't pay the mortgage and keep the lights on. If he was able to place a song on vTorrent and say "I want to make 100vtr" on this song... after that it becomes free, I think it might resonate with people using vTorrent and persuade some of these torrenters(?) to chip in a few VTR to push the paid amount past the point where it becomes free for all.

Integration with VLC was near top of my wishlist too.

Nice ideas.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
If someone has to pay for downloading torrents nobody will use a system like that.

Care to back up this claim with research, or are you just trolling?

I'd argue that private trackers are more popular than public ones and cost real money and bandwidth to participate, but I don't have stats either. All I know is that it's a cat and mouse game with all centralized trackers these days. Eventually they will all be targeted by law enforcement as long as governments around the world keep granting themselves extraordinary powers over the internet. Decentralization and anonymity will be huge benefits moving forward. If the rise of Kodi has taught us anything is that people often pay money for the hardware media players and software configuration in order to receive the content they desire and within one easy-to-use interface. However, Kodi depends on plugins that are insecure and being increasingly banned for leeching. It's because the desired content providers, often illegal, are not being properly compensated, so it's an unsustainable model. The more popular Kodi becomes, the less it will be useful unless they monetize it. But if it is still considered piracy ...

If you look past illegal content you will see a huge market of people willing to pay a fair price for good content, millions of people receiving specialty cable channels and streaming services. Vtorrent is potentially a great competitive platform for artists and consumers to meet and trade, especially the indie crowd. Looking forward, I can see vtorrent becoming a reliable, unstoppable marketplace for all software and media. It could very well force content providers to come to the table, drop the ridiculous lawsuits and copyright bullshit, and sell their wares fairly in a free market. And I see many consumers now put off by high prices and mediocre selection attracted to the platform if it's fast and stable, easy to use, private and anonymous, and a one-stop shopping experience unhindered by laws or geography. I think having built-in media manager, streaming player, and decentralized cloud storage would be kick ass features, especially on mobile. Something to work towards, perhaps.

So you see, it's much more than forcing deadbeats to pay for torrents. Because there are leechers out there that will never pay for content regardless. That's not the intended market. They are far, far outnumbered by ordinary people who are capable and willing to download a piece of software that just works for their needs and pay a fair price for the content they desire.

OK. I think there are many ways to use this torrent coin idea/technology. You see a new bussiness model. I see a new decentralized mining method (proof of seeding) because bitcoin mining is not decentralised any more. Maybe both ways will succeed in the future in the world of the cryptos.
Activity: 242

1. Built in media player.
2. The ability to pay in vtr to advertise media on a "front page" of the client, or show media that might be trending?
3. The ability to set a limit on how much you want to make on your project before it becomes free.
3a (example). My brother owns a recording studio http://www.acaciajade.com up in Denver, and while he would love to spread his studios music around for free, that doesn't pay the mortgage and keep the lights on. If he was able to place a song on vTorrent and say "I want to make 100vtr" on this song... after that it becomes free, I think it might resonate with people using vTorrent and persuade some of these torrenters(?) to chip in a few VTR to push the paid amount past the point where it becomes free for all.
legendary
What happens with 1 st fork? What changes are expected
At first fork?

As I understand it, VTR will be heading to the International Space Station to prep for its expedition to outside of the visible universe.

Quickly passing the moon.

The moon will be absorbed by VTR's 'matter rockets' and be converted for use as fuel  Wink

Thanks for the heads up on this video (who knew the US president was a cryptohead)

https://youtu.be/g25G1M4EXrQ?t=1m30s
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Google Usenet.

In particular, Google: the first rule of Usenet.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=firstruleofusenet

wow, didn't know that still exists..
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Care to back up this claim with research, or are you just trolling?

I'd argue that private trackers are more popular than public ones and cost real money and bandwidth to participate, but I don't have stats either. All I know is that it's a cat and mouse game with all centralized trackers these days. Eventually they will all be targeted by law enforcement as long as governments around the world keep granting themselves extraordinary powers over the internet. Decentralization and anonymity will be huge benefits moving forward. If the rise of Kodi has taught us anything is that people often pay money for the hardware media players and software configuration in order to receive the content they desire and within one easy-to-use interface. However, Kodi depends on plugins that are insecure and being increasingly banned for leeching. It's because the desired content providers, often illegal, are not being properly compensated, so it's an unsustainable model. The more popular Kodi becomes, the less it will be useful unless they monetize it. But if it is still considered piracy ...

If you look past illegal content you will see a huge market of people willing to pay a fair price for good content, millions of people receiving specialty cable channels and streaming services. Vtorrent is potentially a great competitive platform for artists and consumers to meet and trade, especially the indie crowd. Looking forward, I can see vtorrent becoming a reliable, unstoppable marketplace for all software and media. It could very well force content providers to come to the table, drop the ridiculous lawsuits and copyright bullshit, and sell their wares fairly in a free market. And I see many consumers now put off by high prices and mediocre selection attracted to the platform if it's fast and stable, easy to use, private and anonymous, and a one-stop shopping experience unhindered by laws or geography. I think having built-in media manager, streaming player, and decentralized cloud storage would be kick ass features, especially on mobile. Something to work towards, perhaps.

So you see, it's much more than forcing deadbeats to pay for torrents. Because there are leechers out there that will never pay for content regardless. That's not the intended market. They are far, far outnumbered by ordinary people who are capable and willing to download a piece of software that just works for their needs and pay a fair price for the content they desire.
legendary
Dear all,

For anyone still having problem with syncing or client have 0 peer, please follow steps as follow:

1. Create new text document with following content

Code:
addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia

2. Save it as vTorrent.conf then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent-HD

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent-HD/

There is no need to add more nodes since vtrseed.cloudns.asia is a crawler for our vTorrent network, which should able to provide list of reliable nodes by itself.

It is also hardcoded since 0.8.1.1b and all soon to be released clients.

Code:
DEV_MP:~ VTR_DEV08$ dig vtrseed.cloudns.asia

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> vtrseed.cloudns.asia
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 50502
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 16, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vtrseed.cloudns.asia. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 188.134.72.213
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 2.49.36.96
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 125.25.151.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.13.65.164
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 119.81.64.88
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 45.55.197.64
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 95.136.101.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 52.88.132.97
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.68.28.146
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 40.112.149.192
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 85.24.143.58
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 104.251.219.196
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 144.76.64.49
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.38.142.224
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.39.101.246
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 108.70.73.83

;; Query time: 284 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec  1 0:33:15 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 294

Regards,

vTorrent

bump
Activity: 298
Addnode list must be updated at the OP ..no connections at all
great coin idea.. and some market moves too
thank you
peace
legendary

Activity: 242

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

If what you were saying was true then Netflix wouldn't exist. People pay for what they want, and if they can't find it legally then they'll find it through other methods and pay if necessary.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
interesting project... i want to invest... so you saying that there is a chance going back to 2k ? ;-)
I sure hope so. I'm all out, except for 2k.
legendary

Google Usenet.

In particular, Google: the first rule of Usenet.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=firstruleofusenet
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
interesting project... i want to invest... so you saying that there is a chance going back to 2k ? ;-)
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
If you can monetize illegal or free products, it doesn't have a future.
Why is that?
Jump to: