Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 128. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
someone mentioned some ways to protect people seeding torrents like i2p. is that integrated into the wallet? Can law enforcement host fake torrents and look for ip's of direct connections like they usually do, or does it require all users protecting themselves via all those methods that typical torrenters use? Most people I know avoid torrents due to that reason - lots of work to stay anonymous and relies on trust in the vpn or invite only system. It says it's anonymous transactions. What about data transfers?

If you check the devs post history, they said that "the next update would bring us in line with SDC and more", so we would be getting tor and i2p. That means IP would be hidden.  Grin

As for the data transfer between seeders, I'm not 100% sure that the data is encrypted, I hope it is, it would make sense to encrypt it, I can't recall any conversations on here about that, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
someone mentioned some ways to protect people seeding torrents like i2p. is that integrated into the wallet? Can law enforcement host fake torrents and look for ip's of direct connections like they usually do, or does it require all users protecting themselves via all those methods that typical torrenters use? Most people I know avoid torrents due to that reason - lots of work to stay anonymous and relies on trust in the vpn or invite only system. It says it's anonymous transactions. What about data transfers?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Just wondering what everyone here thinks of pure vidz.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17023372

I dont use torrents much but I do stream most of the tv and movies I watch and these guys look like a winner to me. I know this thread is full of much more experienced people when it comes to streaming and torrenting so I'd figure Id ask for your opinion before deciding on investing.

I cant wait to see what you guys reply.

Someone named Ranlo on that thread just made a comparison of Vtorrent and Purevidz. I dont see it though because one is a client in wallet and the other is a simple to use streaming site. Is there anything im missing here?

Im not surprise to see another ICO attempts to get some BTC from people hoping for cryptocurrency and torrent related type project, and easy answer, vTorrent is still a clear winner since Purevidz is just for video streaming which is just merely part of vTorrent which is focus on whole bittorent scene. Their tech demo stuff is pretty smart to make some people excited but trust me torrent streaming on site is not something they have created and have been showcased long ago.

Don't be foolish and give btc to another ICO before project is actually proven to be real deal.

Meh!  Wink

Check out https://ferrolho.github.io/magnet-player/...

... They even used the same clip for demo.

Hi.  I am thinking about investing in that ico. Can you tell me where I can find another coin with free streaming so I can look at the two of them. I know now that v torrent is different. Purevidz will specialize in one aspect of torrents and v torrent will try and tackle the whole problem.

I want to see other coins though because you said its done before so can you please post a link or two so I may get caught up.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

I dont use torrents much but I do stream most of the tv and movies I watch and these guys look like a winner to me. I know this thread is full of much more experienced people when it comes to streaming and torrenting so I'd figure Id ask for your opinion before deciding on investing.

Someone named Ranlo on that thread just made a comparison of Vtorrent and Purevidz. I dont see it though because one is a client in wallet and the other is a simple to use streaming site. Is there anything im missing here?

Im not surprise to see another ICO attempts to get some BTC from people hoping for cryptocurrency and torrent related type project, and easy answer, vTorrent is still a clear winner since Purevidz is just for video streaming which is just merely part of vTorrent which is focus on whole bittorent scene. Their tech demo stuff is pretty smart to make some people excited but trust me torrent streaming on site is not something they have created and have been showcased long ago.

Don't be foolish and give btc to another ICO before project is actually proven to be real deal.

Meh!  Wink

Check out the original source of their so-call tech showcase https://ferrolho.github.io/magnet-player/...

... Purevidz even used the same clip for demo.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1064

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Why is everyone calling 1st Jan 2017. Use some other dates.

LOL It's not rocket science - if you calculate the number of blocks processed per day up until block 1,200,000 you get Jan 1st 2017 roughly.

Wait, you mean I didn't have to do all of those calculus formulas?  Huh
Activity: 30

LOL It's not rocket science - if you calculate the number of blocks processed per day up until block 1,200,000 you get Jan 1st 2017 roughly.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
So you're saying... when the hard fork happens, post about it on twitter and we might get some vtr?

-Pickle
legendary
Activity: 1456
As hard forks happen and people might not be here on BCT, there is a separate 1,000 VTR for those that post your date and time for the Hard Fork on twitter.

You need to include your VTR address in the tweet, the #vTorrent hash tag and something related to a hard fork so people know why you're making the post.

If you're lucky and win on BCT and Twitter, you could end up with:

> 101 VTR * any random bonus
> 1,000 VTR from ik_do
> 1,000 VTR from Twitter posting

You don't need to post on here what you posted on Twitter. Doing that might get you banned - it shouldn't, but not worth the risk.

You don't need to associate your Twitter account with a BCT account.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Guessing game:

101 VTRs to the person that can get closest to the the time of block 1,200,000

Closing date is 10 Dec, 00.00 GMT.

One entry per day allowed - so you can post one guess each day: up to 11.59 time, according to BCT post clock.

January 1st 1:24PM  Cool

January 2nd 10:39AM  Cool
Damn, forgot to post. For shits: maybe Santa is feeling generous... December 25th 4:00PM

January 1st 6:25PM  Cool

December 31st 11:59pm  Cool
Activity: 522
Btw 2 years of this blockchain existing is coming up very soon...

Block 1 Time:   2014-12-14 00:27:13
Activity: 522
Hard fork guess 31 December, 2016 03:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Hard fork guess: 1/1/2017 @ 6:31am  Grin
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
Hard fork guess: 1/1/2017 @ 6:30am
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Hard fork will happen:

1/1/2017 @1.01am
Did the client itself get a 2FA or it was embedded into web-interface?

I think it's in the client. No web interface that I'm aware of.

Can somebody explain why in tab where it shows
Staking is says: your weight 0, network weight 0.

Also my staked vtrs it shows on overview tab
But it is not calculating in general ammount.
It says: generated but not accepted.

Why is that? It means i minned them but they not
Accepted. Crazy. How to fix the issue? Anything to do in debug
Window console?

Q. Have you enabled staking?

Settings > Options > Enable Staking

Q. If staking is enabled, have you secured your client?

If yes, you need to partially unlock your client for staking.

I'm getting the same thing and am staking correctly. It says weight 0, network weight 0 all the time. I do still get the confirmed staking reward VTR tokens though.

legendary
Activity: 1456

Can somebody explain why in tab where it shows
Staking is says: your weight 0, network weight 0.

Also my staked vtrs it shows on overview tab
But it is not calculating in general ammount.
It says: generated but not accepted.

Why is that? It means i minned them but they not
Accepted. Crazy. How to fix the issue? Anything to do in debug
Window console?

Q. Have you enabled staking?

Settings > Options > Enable Staking

Q. If staking is enabled, have you secured your client?

If yes, you need to partially unlock your client for staking.
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

Wallet got a 2fa --- via ur phone I assume, and everyone started scream buy buy buy? Tell me something I will be really interested in.
Jump to: