Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 132. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

If someone has a choice of offering free and earning a little to share then which one do you think they will choose?

the torrent community gives a shit about earning money, pirate groups are not there for the money, the whole point of piracy is something else, surely is not money

and, if you expect mass usage of this platform, have you imagined the legal implications of earning money for uploading protected material?

Regardless, have you seen the past few pages of this discussion? You're sitting here 2 weeks after what.cd--the largest music tracker on the planet got shuttered plus when a number of other raids have occurred.

Go back and read some of my posts where I've discussed what benefits an incentivized model could bring (i.e. making sure older content is still shared)

As for legal issues, vTorrent is just software like BitTorrent. The end user decides how they use it.
Activity: 273
Merit: 250

If someone has a choice of offering free and earning a little to share then which one do you think they will choose?

the torrent community gives a shit about earning money, pirate groups are not there for the money, the whole point of piracy is something else, surely is not money

and, if you expect mass usage of this platform, have you imagined the legal implications of earning money for uploading protected material?
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
i really don't understand what's the point of a crypto currency in relation with torrents

do you have to pay to share/download torrents? if yes, why on earth should i do that when i can get any torrent for free and in a safe way?
do i get coins for uploads? who pays me?

my company is working on some torrent client prototype (cannot write details) and i'm curious to know more about this coin

Because torrents aren't "free"; bandwidth is not "free".
There has also been a sustained attempt at shutting down torrent-related websites over the past decade; which has increased significantly in the past few weeks.

There are also torrent trackers and communities that have been hit by legal consequences; without sustained communities torrents will die off (never entirely, but the idea of BitTorrent being "content rich" could easily fade away after some time).

vTorrent is best described as a project that will incentivize the torrent network.

well, torrents have been free for long time and i expect they will continue to be free for long

if people are loosing money or getting caught then should be upgraded the tech behind it, no more centralized torrent websites and you can keep torrents totally free and without any bandwidth waste with webtorrents, webRTC and just a browser.

i understand the incentive and why you want to push it but we torrent users have been just fine for many years without it

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
i really don't understand what's the point of a crypto currency in relation with torrents

do you have to pay to share/download torrents? if yes, why on earth should i do that when i can get any torrent for free and in a safe way?

my company is working on some torrent client prototype (cannot write details) and i'm curious to know more about this coin

There has also been a sustained attempt at shutting down torrent-related websites over the past decade; which has increased significantly in the past few weeks.

There are also torrent trackers and communities that have been hit by legal consequences; without sustained communities torrents will die off (never entirely, but the idea of BitTorrent being "content rich" could easily fade away after some time).

vTorrent is best described as a project that will incentivize the torrent network.

Will there be any legal repercussions then since other torrent sites getting shutdown?

well, torrents have been free for long time and i expect they will continue to be free for long

if people are loosing money or getting caught then should be upgraded the tech behind it, no more centralized torrent websites and you can keep torrents totally free and without any bandwidth waste with webtorrents, webRTC and just a browser.

i understand the incentive and why you want to push it but we torrent users have been just fine for many years without it

That's the vtorrent dev. You're already running software that he's written so the "safe to use" question is a bit misguided.

So is your reassurance. You cannot demonstrate either statement is true.

Cheers

Graham

Yes, that is technically true I suppose.

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
That's the vtorrent dev. You're already running software that he's written so the "safe to use" question is a bit misguided.

So is your reassurance. You cannot demonstrate either statement is true.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Dear all,

For anyone still having problem with syncing or client have 0 peer, please follow steps as follow:

1. Create new text document with following content

Code:
addnode=vtrseed.cloudns.asia

2. Save it as vTorrent.conf then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent-HD

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent-HD/

There is no need to add more nodes since vtrseed.cloudns.asia is a crawler for our vTorrent network, which should able to provide list of reliable nodes by itself.

It is also hardcoded since 0.8.1.1b and all soon to be released clients.

Code:
DEV_MP:~ VTR_DEV08$ dig vtrseed.cloudns.asia

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> vtrseed.cloudns.asia
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 50502
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 16, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vtrseed.cloudns.asia. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 188.134.72.213
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 2.49.36.96
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 125.25.151.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.13.65.164
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 119.81.64.88
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 45.55.197.64
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 95.136.101.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 52.88.132.97
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.68.28.146
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 40.112.149.192
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 85.24.143.58
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 104.251.219.196
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 144.76.64.49
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.38.142.224
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.39.101.246
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 108.70.73.83

;; Query time: 284 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec  1 0:33:15 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 294

Regards,

vTorrent

So in conf file we writte only this:

Can somebody verifie and authorize? Is safe
To use?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Dear all,

For anyone still having problem with syncing or client have 0 peer, please follow steps as follow:

1. Create new text document with following content

Code:

2. Save it as vTorrent.conf then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent-HD

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent-HD/

There is no need to add more nodes since vtrseed.cloudns.asia is a crawler for our vTorrent network, which should able to provide list of reliable nodes by itself.

It is also hardcoded since 0.8.1.1b and all soon to be released clients.

Code:
DEV_MP:~ VTR_DEV08$ dig vtrseed.cloudns.asia

; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> vtrseed.cloudns.asia
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 50502
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 16, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;vtrseed.cloudns.asia. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 188.134.72.213
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 2.49.36.96
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 125.25.151.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.13.65.164
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 119.81.64.88
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 45.55.197.64
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 95.136.101.80
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 52.88.132.97
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.68.28.146
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 40.112.149.192
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 85.24.143.58
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 104.251.219.196
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 144.76.64.49
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 94.38.142.224
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 82.39.101.246
vtrseed.cloudns.asia. 3599 IN A 108.70.73.83

;; Query time: 284 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec  1 0:33:15 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 294

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Damn, so much speculation right now, hopefully I can catch some coins when the price drops.

If not when  Grin
Well, this is what i've learned from all these years on here;
Speculation bring the price up temporarily, development brings it up permenantly.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Damn, so much speculation right now, hopefully I can catch some coins when the price drops.

If not when  Grin
legendary
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I'll add 1000 to the guessing pool--so the total should be 1101. 101 coming from coins101 and 1000 coming from me.

Coins101 can choose the winner.

Cool.

Actually, if you notice...some of the posts have randomly selected multiples of 101 vtr  Grin

The actual winner is publicly verifiable...the one closest to the date and time of the next hard fork (block 1,200,000) wins. They'll just need to check their guesses and come forward.

This is actually a good way to make people aware of the hard fork....We don't want a vTorrentClassic fork  Grin
I'll add 1000 to the guessing pool--so the total should be 1101. 101 coming from coins101 and 1000 coming from me.

Coins101 can choose the winner.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Guessing game:

101 VTRs to the person that can get closest to the the time of block 1,200,000

Closing date is 10 Dec, 00.00 GMT.

One entry per day allowed - so you can post one guess each day: up to 11.59 time, according to BCT post clock.

15 Dec, 8.03pm
The buying support is only 11BTC.
However, the selling support has 374BTC, too.:-@

That's basically because people aren't willing to sell the coin at current prices. There seems to be a lot of demand that is steadily increasing, but most people around here probably simply don't want to hawk their coins off at low prices. This is a long-term bet and not a short-term bet like most of the altcoins around.

If you're in to VTR its because you likely believe in the concept of torrents/cryptocurrency and that it will do well once it hits.

If you read every single page, you'll see that some hodlers around here think it will go above $80m, and keep going.

150m - 300m monthly BitTorrent users, suddenly get the option of public access to good seeders. All you need is 1m of those and you've basically got as many users as all the altcoins on coinmarketcap.

What has DASH got, 10k users? XMR, 10k? ETH, 20k? Now add up their market caps.

It also very much depends how you define "users"

Sure, bitcoin because its so valuable has "users".

Anonymous cryptocurrency #632? Not so much, because there is no real purpose besides speculation.

Storage based coins may have real users, however this is still very, very, very, very limited in scope.

Bittorrent >< Cryptocurrency will likely bring on a huge wave of new users into the ecosystem; least of all because the price of entry will be so low. You won't need a Chinese mining farm or a stack of sick 1337 graphics card. The only price to play the game will be to have bandwidth. There are numerous places on earth where gigabit internet is horrendously cheap and the minimum salary is ridiculously not worth it.

Should make for an interesting situation.
Jump to: